+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

WiiChat's First Annual Confederate States' Convention

God, when I start making threads you know this place is looking bad.

So, lookey here, I called ya'll out. The two of you (redneck E and... somebody else whom I cannot find a name for. Pardon me, but I honestly don't differentiate between the two of you), in my opinion, should explain your support for the Confederacy. If it's for something somewhat justifiable like states' rights, regardless of the fact that that's what ruined your "country," then good for you. If it's for something less reasonable then I'll enjoy the inevitable flaming that will surely ensue. I sincerely hope that both of the aforementioned (or one of the aforementioned, and one of the couldn't-remember-his-name-but-you-too) find this thread easily enough.

Let the games begin.
    Last edited by LevesqueIsKing; 06-10-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    ...dungmaster

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    dood itz not becuz i want slavery 0r n e thing racial liek dat... i dont. im complletely against slavery nd shit like dat, its messed up.

i only supp0rt my confederate heritage becuz im proud to be a southerner nd i hve confederate blood in my family. just proud to support it nd if it did rise agin id be with it in full supp0rt.

SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I see this being in vain, but I'll give my two cents anyway.

You can support the South without supporting the Confederacy. If you don't know much about the events leading up to the Civil War or the goals of the Confederacy as a country then that's what I would suggest doing. That's what I would do, anyway. You can support a future Southern uprising without supporting past ones, especially when many past goals of Southerners aren't applicable to modern politics—or, in the case of some of their endeavors, politics of the 1860s. It's just that the Confederate flag has been deformed by the media and has lost any meaning beyond slavery. So, I get that you're trying to make a statement, but I would guess that a lot of people wouldn't think twice about labeling you as a racist.

Again, just my thoughts. Southerners =/= Confederates

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    i c where ur coming from but i support my confederate heritage nd wut they were fighting 4, their own nation to differentiate from da union. im also not such a big phan of pres. obama. you know wut he want to do in august? lmme tell u in normal text (i bet ull be happy 4 dis)

Obama wants the healthcare bill on his desk before summer recess. The healthcare plan will make 119 Million Americans have to switch from a private run healthcare system that is the best in the world which most of you in this forum have, to a a universal one payer system (the government). This is estimated to cost over 10 TRILLION dollars (10,000,000,000,000) over the next 8 years if passed. Britian and Canada both have this system and it is not hard to see that it is a disaster over there. Thousands of people a year die because of it due to the shortage of medication and the lack of care by the government. Both countries are in massive debt and their citizens and taxed about 50% of their paycheck just to support the system.

so u no wut i mean d00d, i knew shit liek dat cud and wud happen wit obama.

SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ...Are you seriously typing like that on purpose?

And I don't appreciate being labeled. I haven't taken a stance on health care, as I don't really know enough about the issue to do so, but I generally believe that the government should be trying to fix the problems that they've created before taking on more responsibilities.

"Britian and Canada both have this system and it is not hard to see that it is a disaster over there."

And I quite like the positions that both of these countries are in.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DungmasteR View Post
    Obama wants the healthcare bill on his desk before summer recess. The healthcare plan will make 119 Million Americans have to switch from a private run healthcare system that is the best in the world which most of you in this forum have, to a a universal one payer system (the government). This is estimated to cost over 10 TRILLION dollars (10,000,000,000,000) over the next 8 years if passed. Britian and Canada both have this system and it is not hard to see that it is a disaster over there. Thousands of people a year die because of it due to the shortage of medication and the lack of care by the government. Both countries are in massive debt and their citizens and taxed about 50% of their paycheck just to support the system.
    I don't know who you copy-pasted that off (or if you're just making it up), and due to my classical liberal ideals I'm kind of sympathetic to the position, but that's a load of crap. Firstly, the national insurance tax in the UK is at 11-12% (depending on earnings), nowhere near 50%. Secondly, while the NHS has its problems, it's not nearly as inadequate as you make it out to be. And thirdly, how the f*** could a health care system cost 10 trillion dollars over 8 years? Do they plan to pave the floors with gold or something?

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i c where ur coming from but i support my confederate heritage nd wut they were fighting 4, their own nation to differentiate from da union. im also not such a big phan of pres. obama. you know wut he want to do in august? lmme tell u in normal text (i bet ull be happy 4 dis)

It does indeed depend on income.

As for the NHS, there's the odd issue being dealt with, but it's generally rather successful.
    Last edited by DRMARIO; 06-11-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I don't know who you copy-pasted that off (or if you're just making it up), and due to my classical liberal ideals I'm kind of sympathetic to the position, but that's a load of crap. Firstly, the national insurance tax in the UK is at 11-12% (depending on earnings), nowhere near 50%. Secondly, while the NHS has its problems, it's not nearly as inadequate as you make it out to be. And thirdly, how the f*** could a health care system cost 10 trillion dollars over 8 years? Do they plan to pave the floors with gold or something?
    I was about to call him out on the copy and paste too.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234

For the fucking love of god, please type normally.

Ads