LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Which is stupid. If she's more qualified than someone else, but she's going to leave you in a month, you still have to hire her?

Well, this situation is getting into a highly unlikely scenario. How many 8 month pregnant women are out looking for jobs? That's got to be a pretty small number. And out of those how many of them just happen to be the most qualified of all the candidates? Now the numbers are dropping even further.

If if she did fit that scenario but was passed over because of pregnancy, how would she even know that? Typically if you interview for a job and you don't get it, you get a letter of phone call later telling you that you didn't get the job, no reason is typically offered.

Proving hiring descrimination (for any reason) is almost impossible. The main focus of this law is to prevent people from being fired solely for getting pregnant or to be paid less because they may become pregnant.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm pretty sure you have to give women boob-pumping breaks if they request them as well.

Not as easily answered as standard affirmative action, in my opinion. I don't like it, though. Employers should hire who they want to work for them. It's their company.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to give women boob-pumping breaks if they request them as well.

Not as easily answered as standard affirmative action, in my opinion. I don't like it, though. Employers should hire who they want to work for them. It's their company.
    Amen. If a person only wants to hire white people, or only hot girls, that's their choice. They just have to deal with the consequences of many people not doing any business with them.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If it's a guy interviewing people he could clearly just say that he thought she was just fat/didn't notice, so he can easily get away with it. But people can employ whoever they want.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    If it's a guy interviewing people he could clearly just say that he thought she was just fat/didn't notice, so he can easily get away with it. But people can employ whoever they want.
    The applicant is likely to go "Oh yeah, and I am pregnant." They do at least in my experiences with human resources.

Sig by Deanis

Ads