Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm all for it.
    What's wrong in wanting to improve your appearance?

Enoch was right.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Sure it should be everyone's right to do whatever they want to their appearance. However I do find those who have had facial plastic surgery very unattractive, especially those who have had face lifts. It's not such much that they turn ugly, but I hate the fake plastic look it gives them.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think it's a waste of money, and I will choose to re-evaluate someone if they choose to have plastic surgery. I think it's okay if it's reconstructive surgery. I think it's an extreme to go through if you just want to make yourself look better, it's not like you're getting a haircut. I'm sure getting a buttload of icecream would make you happier for the cost of it.

I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves. To even get the surgery, you have to lose more weight to get it. I don't see what's wrong with going the whole way. I don't have sympathy for you if think surgery is the only option to lose weight, you're clearly just doing it wrong. Seriously, there's nothing stopping fat people from just not eating as much crap as they do. They can control it. Someone can't control whether they have a cleft palate or not. Of course, if you let yourself get that fat there's some mental issues you're not looking at, but surgery won't help you that much. Really, if they really want it, they can do it. What's wrong with that? :/

I think boob jobs are stupid unless you have like an A or something. I wouldn't want anyone to get one if they were anything other than that. I'm all for reductions, because bigger boobs obviously have their problems, but going bigger is just a signpost saying that you want people to oggle you all day. I'm severely annoyed if married women get it done and then complain that their husband is too jealous of the attention she's getting, but even more so if the husband makes the wife get it. It's pointless when you're in a relationship.

So, yeah.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    I'm all for it.
    What's wrong in wanting to improve your appearance?
    How did I know you were going to say that? Mr nose job...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    How did I know you were going to say that? Mr nose job...
    Yes, but mine isn't just a case of wanting a new nose. I simply want it the way it used to be, or straighter, at least.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    As one celebrity once said."Damned if you do it, damned if you dont".
    ie. You get slammed for doing plastic surgery, but you get just as slammed for looking like an old hag...
    Exactly, and well said Bio.

Depending on the situation at hand will I be bothered by the use of it. For example, if you happen to be someone who chooses to get plastic surgery because everyone makes fun of you, then I would say that's a poor excuse. However, if you were the victim of a terrible car accident, or say you were shot in the face with a shotgun (and survived).. then I can accept the use of facial reconstruction.

What many don't realize is that you can look younger and healthier if you simply just take care of yourself and live a healthy lifestyle. But the media has many believing that the only way to look beautiful once you get past 35 is to take all these countless skin-care products, cosmetic surgery, botox, etc. There are students in my martial arts class (male & female) who are in their 50s to 70s, and yet they each look 20 to 30 years younger from simply living a healthy lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty
    I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves.
    Not true. Yes, there are alot of fat people who are fat due to laziness and over-eating, but there are people who have gotten uncontrollably fat from diseases, and cannot lose the weight naturally through exercise & diet due to other health issues and disabilities. In which case, I can see the use of liposuction not being a terrible decision if the person is aware of and understands the risks.

I will agree though that liposuction is definitely not a shortcut one should take if they are capable of diet & exercise.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    If someone wants to go through with the surgery, whatever. I know a few people who have. Can you blame them for their decision though? People today are assholes. We all have our little problems but some people get harassed worse than others. I knew this one girl who got made fun of all the time for her ears. It happened all the time and finally she snapped from it and got "new ears?" I guess you could call it that. Btw, this girl was very good looking even before the surgery.

So what about that? Plastic surgery for people who are harassed a lot, but really they don't look that bad.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves. To even get the surgery, you have to lose more weight to get it. I don't see what's wrong with going the whole way. I don't have sympathy for you if think surgery is the only option to lose weight, you're clearly just doing it wrong. Seriously, there's nothing stopping fat people from just not eating as much crap as they do. They can control it. Someone can't control whether they have a cleft palate or not. Of course, if you let yourself get that fat there's some mental issues you're not looking at, but surgery won't help you that much.
    Exactly. It's like getting a stomach band installed to control what you eat. If you have to go that far, you have some psychological issues that need to be dealt with first.
    Like this woman, she was complaining about not being able to play with her kids, but it's her fault she got that way. A medical condition may make you gain a little weight, but damn, you can't blame 900 pound on a ****ing disease.

I'd hate to be the doctor that did her Lipo surgery, he might get lost. :/

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    A medical condition may make you gain a little weight, but damn, you can't blame 900 pound on a ****ing disease.
    Not one medical condition, but multiple ones combined with each other can greatly limit a person's control over their weight.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I fully support the right of anyone to do these things, but I don't really know if that's up for debate.

As for the morality of them: If it's something you can change, I probably frown upon it; if it's something that is unchangable otherwise, be my guest.

If you want to throw away your money to have a guy suck the failsuace out of your stomach through a tube, have fun, but I won't be waiting for you to get out of the operating room.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads