LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

Plastic Surgery, Lifts, Liposuction, etc.

We know what they are and what they do, but what is your opinion on the subject?

Are you completely against the use of this and feel it's wrong? Society can be cruel, but would you succumb enough to the negative feedback of your appearance to fix your "flaws"? Many celebrities have had cosmetic surgical procedures done on them (usually mild changes), while others go beyond the limit for personal perfection.

Let's say you finally become a parent, your baby is now born but you realize it is now the victim of facial deformity. Would you opt for cosmetic surgery so the child does not have to suffer a life of inevitable insults and criticism? While facial reconstruction and body modifications can offer improvements, it also has risks.. some, even life threatening (such as death from a poorly done liposuction or body lift).

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    If you have the money and the means, why not? Its your own body, if you want to make it look better the what's bad about that?

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    I see no problem with it (no reason to stop people from doing it) but it is possible to go a little over the top with it.

Yeah, it's photoshopped, but you get the point...

If there's no need for it, why do it? I understand that some people want to get rid of deformities and stuff like that, but beyond that, there's just no point.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Thank you Rob.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    I don't see a problem with it. Its when people get addicted to it that it becomes a problem. You have to draw a line somewhere.

I think if plastic surgery is used to 'refresh' a face, its no biggie. If its used to completely transform a face (eg. Michael Jackson). Its obviously become a problem.

As one celebrity once said."Damned if you do it, damned if you dont".
    ie. You get slammed for doing plastic surgery, but you get just as slammed for looking like an old hag...

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    I don't mind it at all. What people decide to do is their business.

Again, it doesn't bother me, but I'm personally against the use of it for appearance, though. I feel the best policy is to appeciate ourselves for what we are and live above social pressures. Just because it that undertaking can seem unbearable for many doesn't make the reality change. Granted, fake boobs can still make a woman look hot, but is it the best way for someone to personally achieve a healthy self-esteem? Ultimately, I wouldn't think so.

But it's not like I'm going to re-evaluate someone just because he/she went through surgery. We are human, after all; none of us are perfect in our decisions and it would be nonsensical for me to expect anyone to be that way. I just think it's more empowering if someone can be happy in their own skin, so to speak.
    Last edited by Bio; 06-11-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I don't mind it at all, but I'm personally against the use of it for appearance. I feel the best policy is to appeciate ourselves for what we are and live above social pressures. Granted, fake boobs can still make a woman look hot, but is it the best way for someone to achieve healthy self-esteem? I don't think so.

But it's not like I'm going to re-evaluate someone just because he/she went through surgery. We are human, after all; none of us are perfect in our decisions. I just think it's more empowering if someone can be happy in their own skin, so to speak.
    I would definitely re-think Emma if she decided to get a boob job.

Fixing cleft palates

and burns and such are okay, and if people have the money, hey, okay.

I do think that people who want liposuctions and such should be forced to lose weight naturally first, and beauty pageant winners shouldn't be modified in any surgical manner.

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    I would definitely re-think Emma if she decided to get a boob job.
    Well, what I was getting at is that I wouldn't have some kind of discriminatory attitude just because someone I know suddenly went through surgery.

EDIT: As for that cleft plate thing, that's a good point. I think I would also consider deformities or conditions as a different matter entirely, and something I would find okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanis View Post
    As one celebrity once said."Damned if you do it, damned if you dont".
    ie. You get slammed for doing plastic surgery, but you get just as slammed for looking like an old hag...
    Yeah, social norms can be contridictory like that, which is why they aren't worth taking seriously, in my opinon. I mean, who cares if you look like an old hag if you're content with it? If anything, the phrase reaffirms that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even in the midst of plastic surgery trends that many have depended on to claim that it is not. Oh, the irony.
    Last edited by Bio; 06-12-2009 at 12:39 AM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Yeah burns etc, are fine reasons for using plastic surgery.

Liposuctions just lazy LOL.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    I like being a ugly sod.
    Be happy with who you are and all that shite

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!