Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Never got grounded, got whooped. These kids nowadays don't know the phrase "Go get my board".
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    well December 2008 until June 1st.... bad grades =/
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Never got grounded, got whooped. These kids nowadays don't know the phrase "Go get my board".
    This post is brought to you by win.

... And physically painful memories.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    This is precisely why I don't support making the drinking age younger, Napalm. In theory, the ~5 year period that kids start drinking before it's legal could carry over to that younger age limit.

Although I must admit that my opinion on this is quite selfish. I don't drink, so I am most definitely allowing my own personal choice to influence my otherwise liberal mentality.
    Well if people are responsible with their drinks then I don't see any problem with a lower age limit, and people are always gonna drink underage regardless. What's needed is the right culture, not the right age limit- look at southern Europe, where the drinking ages are typically around 16-18, but they don't have any huge problems with binge drinking (except by tourists).

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Well if people are responsible with their drinks then I don't see any problem with a lower age limit, and people are always gonna drink underage regardless. What's needed is the right culture, not the right age limit- look at southern Europe, where the drinking ages are typically around 16-18, but they don't have any huge problems with binge drinking (except by tourists).
    Underage drinking thread?

I once gave some JD to my 9 year old neapthew.

Is say JD it had some Cola mixed in with it.
    I say mixed in it was mostly cola.

Ok I gave him a drink of cola.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with Napalmbrain. I'm a responsible kid. I have a 4.0 average in school (thats an A), help around the house and keep a job. I don't see why on Friday nights I can chill and enjoy some brew. My mom has a negative sentiment towards drinking because her dad died of alcoholism.

In all irony, I've been caught smoking pot before too and she was more mad about the alcohol....

and to all you who've been whipped I feel you. I'm Indian-American and us Indians are never shy of the belt or backhand hahah
    My words float like the ganja smoke I toke, I tote dictionaries and I spit till my throat chokes.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    And you're suggesting that the United States can change its culture and become more responsible as quickly as we can get the age limit changed?

The U.S. doesn't change. I am one of those pessimists that believes that alcohol will always be abused, if not by the masses then by a significant portion. I don't know how one can assume that a reduction in the age limit will spark an epiphany in the (ir)responsible nature of Americans, if that was what you were suggesting. Otherwise, I don't know what exactly you're suggesting.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Never been grounded, is a lame form of putting kids in line IMO.
    All parents have to do is act disappointed. Child will never do a bad thing again.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    And you're suggesting that the United States can change its culture and become more responsible as quickly as we can get the age limit changed?

The U.S. doesn't change. I am one of those pessimists that believes that alcohol will always be abused, if not by the masses then by a significant portion. I don't know how one can assume that a reduction in the age limit will spark an epiphany in the (ir)responsible nature of Americans, if that was what you were suggesting. Otherwise, I don't know what exactly you're suggesting.
    I'm not saying American teenagers will suddenly become responsible drinkers overnight, but all cultures can change over time. But it's not going to happen if America continues to be prude about it- the view of alcohol as a cool, forbidden drink just makes teenagers want it even more. Besides, my view is that if you're old enough to vote, smoke, have sex, and join the army, you old enough to drink.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    If you can go to war and lose an arm for your country, the least thing your country can do is let you buy a cold beer.

and drinking depends on the person. You cannot lump nationalities together as one person and expect them to have similar patterns when it comes to drinking.

Plenty of people abuse alcohol, I am not disregarding this fact, and Levesque is right when it comes to teenagers. Most are ignorant, dangerous and irresponsible when it comes to their use of alcohol. I would love to pinpoint it on one reason, but I can't. People are individuals. However,The stupid individuals ruin it for the responsible kids as myself.

Lowering the drinking age would clear our prisons for real criminals and relocate the use of tax dollars on useful things such as developing infrastructure instead of putting stupid kids in Juvenile Detention.
    My words float like the ganja smoke I toke, I tote dictionaries and I spit till my throat chokes.

Ads