Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    WiiChat is not dying as long as we have the penislicker around.
    True. But cancer is a slow death.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

MCL
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Good thing wiichat has a son.....oh crap nevermind! Cancer runs in the family
    PS3 ID:Mario6446

MC Lopez Drawings! (Monthly)

members/mcl-albums-my-artwork-picture10188-tony-stark.jpg click for more

Visit at deviantart sneaksketchartist

In memory of BirdMasterLv100

Quote Originally Posted by BirdMasterLv100 View Post
    What's up people!?
    Any new Bacon Lovers?

Member #
    Friends
    With i0n and all the super mods gone and thus no way of defending this forum from idiots like 'lickylicky', I think this forum is indeed dying. A sad end to a once good forum.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    With i0n and all the super mods gone and thus no way of defending this forum from idiots like 'lickylicky', I think this forum is indeed dying. A sad end to a once good forum.
    Read that there pm I done sent see if it be a good idea.

Ok apply it to some of the others if you can contact them.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It's pretty sad to see what this forum has become. Unfortunately, given a number of factors, you could see it coming a mile away. Even when I joined 2 years ago, i0n was never around and there were very few active mods.

Still, we tried. I did my part.

Then the neglect came to a head with the Big Crash of 2009. WiiChat disappeared for days. No word, no news.

So we started another forum.

After tons of people started going there, i0n resurfaced and promised to bring WiiChat back (he even posted on the new forum). He also said it was an "eye-opener" or whatnot about how he needed to devote more time to the forum.

WiiChat returned. Minus a ton of posts, and accounts. Minus the flashy theme. Minus a lot of people.

It was active for a while, during a brief resurgence, full of promise(s). But lo and behold, i0n vanished yet again, like I predicted he would. Not before accidentally letting his domain expire, causing another outage. That should've been a warning sign to all of you that nothing had really changed.

I told several people back then that within 6 months of i0n's brief "oh shit" moment, everything would go back to the same level of neglect as before. I was right.

The frontpage news hasn't been updated since Feb 12th. He hasn't even signed on since Feb 24th. This forum is on auto-pilot and dipping into yet another nosedive because no one is at the helm. There's only so much a mod can do, especially if they're not a global mod.

Listen, guys: the alternative forum is still up (not posting the link in respect of the advertising rules, despite the fact that there's no active admin here and very few mods around or who'd bother to smack me for it. But I'm sure you can find it if you try or ask.) It's still maintained. The user list has grown significantly in the past couple months. The post rate is increasing, features have been added, and a lot more is planned. It has had an extremely-active admin since day one and that's not changing. Mods can be added once they're needed. Subforums can be added as-needed. News continues to be posted daily (much of which is announced on the forum's Twitter and Facebook page). And there are a bunch of familiar faces there, although some came up with new names.

There are things there you can't do here, such as online chat, which was asked for here for years and never delivered. There's a dedicated trading form, along with user ratings, which was asked for here but never delivered. Spam is rare there and dealt with swiftly. There's automatic double-posting prevention, a calendar of events/birthdays/game releases. Users can start their own polls (also asked for here for years but never delivered). There's online chess.

There are even PS3 and XBox sections for you multi-platformers.

The warm welcome and offer to come visit continues to be extended to all WiiChatters, disgruntled or otherwise. We'd love to see you there. It's silly to retain a nostalgic grip here just for the sake of the domain name. You all want an improved experience... well, there's one set up for you, just waiting for you to join. And as the modern decedent of WiiChat with direct lineage, it can help satisfy your nostalgia in ways that perhaps other forums can't. You can continue to rearrange the chairs here on the Titanic, or come ride the hot new speedboat.

See you at the station...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^^ What's the name of the new forum you're talking about?
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick View Post
    Listen, guys: the alternative forum is still up (not posting the link in respect of the advertising rules, despite the fact that there's no active admin here and very few mods around or who'd bother to smack me for it. But I'm sure you can find it if you try or ask.) It's still maintained. The user list has grown significantly in the past couple months. The post rate is increasing, features have been added, and a lot more is planned. It has had an extremely-active admin since day one and that's not changing. Mods can be added once they're needed. Subforums can be added as-needed. News continues to be posted daily (much of which is announced on the forum's Twitter and Facebook page). And there are a bunch of familiar faces there, although some came up with new names.

There are things there you can't do here, such as online chat, which was asked for here for years and never delivered. There's a dedicated trading form, along with user ratings, which was asked for here but never delivered. Spam is rare there and dealt with swiftly. There's automatic double-posting prevention, a calendar of events/birthdays/game releases. Users can start their own polls (also asked for here for years but never delivered). There's online chess.

There are even PS3 and XBox sections for you multi-platformers.

The warm welcome and offer to come visit continues to be extended to all WiiChatters, disgruntled or otherwise. We'd love to see you there. It's silly to retain a nostalgic grip here just for the sake of the domain name. You all want an improved experience... well, there's one set up for you, just waiting for you to join. And as the modern decedent of WiiChat with direct lineage, it can help satisfy your nostalgia in ways that perhaps other forums can't. You can continue to rearrange the chairs here on the Titanic, or come ride the hot new speedboat.

See you at the station...
    Nintenstation?

Meh adds I don't think where all that arsed about as long as there not spamed all over the damn place.

Speaking of adds.

<Insert plug for site here>

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Damn, I missed all of this while I was gone for 9 months?
    Attachment 11127Attachment 11126

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    The only reason I'm still here is for a few familiar faces, I've already joined a couple other forums but I haven't got the sense of community wiichat had. Not really sure why. I'll have to check out the new place sremick. You are completely right that there's no reason for us to be here other than nostalgia. I'd agree its time to move on.

EDIT: I googled a few things based on your hints sremick, but I failed to find something that I thought was the right place. I'd rather see a link to it, there's already penises and farts in the thread. Might as well add some spam that's useful.

I joined gaf and vgchartz, but gaf is way too big to get to know people and threads get so huge there's no way to catch up on everything unless you've been there a real long time. vgchartz just seems like a lot of fanboys and children, although there are some intelligent people it doesn't gimme that community feel I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Skorp; 07-09-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Ads