WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by [DS]Leader View Post
    it just seems like some important people or well known people aren't active
    Fix'd.

This is the most true thing. Even if any one of you may not have liked them, AndThen?, Bliss, Brawny, Frogger, Celeste, Gikoku, and many others along with some that are still here really made the site bearable among all the more moronic members, quite frankly. That's just how it is. There just aren't enough people that I find interesting anymore. It's either jerks like navarre/heyguys arguing pointlessly with DRMARIO (most likely; sorry Jack P: ), or spam. Those are the only two categories left.

It's good to see members like Wiired, ROB64, Napalm and others still make an effort time and again, but the disparity of the forum has never been at such low depths. This time, it really is over, whether i0n comes back or not (for me, that is).

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Hoodie Ninja! *click*

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover View Post
    AndThen?, Bliss, Brawny, Frogger, Celeste, Gikoku, and many others along with some that are still here really made the site bearable among all the more moronic members, quite frankly.

It's good to see members like Wiired, ROB64, Napalm and others still make an effort time and again
    I'd just like to point out that every single one of those with the exception of Wiired have created accounts at "the other forum" and have posted, although some are more-active than others.

There is still a certain amount of "chicken/egg" syndrome going on. A lot of people are waiting to see "what everyone else does". Back when WiiChat was down, that decision was easy. Now that WiiChat is running (although in zombie/sinking-ship mode) the old habits are hard to break. But with enough momentum, people could be hanging out together on a good forum instead of bitching about the forum they're visiting sucking so much, being dead, lacking mods, and just being too lame to bother visiting.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover View Post
    It's either jerks like navarre/heyguys arguing pointlessly with DRMARIO (most likely; sorry Jack P: ),
    Or, more recently, arguing with themselves/himself. xD

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Right, well, I've made sure that doesn't happen for a while. Be on the lookout for another dupe account, however.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Idk. I think the reason why a lot of people including myself don't wanna leave is because we like the feel of Wiichat. I've joined other forums but every other one got...tiresome and I could never like any other layout besides this one.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

MCL
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I dunno but people are making too much of a big deal of this...
    PS3 ID:Mario6446

MC Lopez Drawings! (Monthly)

members/mcl-albums-my-artwork-picture10188-tony-stark.jpg click for more

Visit at deviantart sneaksketchartist

In memory of BirdMasterLv100

Quote Originally Posted by BirdMasterLv100 View Post
    What's up people!?
    Any new Bacon Lovers?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You're just used to vBulletin. A lot of forums use the exact same software, so you're just accustomed to it. Like a Windows user who sits down at a Mac for the first time.

Whether you like the layout or not, I guess I don't get the point of continuing to invest time and posts in a forum that's been abandoned by not only the mods necessary to reign in spam and chaos, but the admin himself. One of the following is going to happen:

1) The domain name will lapse at the registrar, so www.wichat.com will revert back to the generic GoDaddy screen again.
    2) The webhosting will lapse, so the hosting company will shut the site down due to non-payment
    3) There'll be a software/database error and no one will be around to fix it, so the site will stop working
    4) i0n will come back in a blaze of glory, make a couple amazing "improvements" (aka more downgrades to reduce bandwidth so he can go even longer without paying his bills), make 1000 promises, things will be fine for a month, then he'll vanish for another year without doing 99.999% of what he promised, and everything will go to hell again.

Meanwhile, spam increases, the exodus of valuable posters continues, the "latest" news on the new page turns 1+ years old, subforums that are desperately needed to keep things organize have no one to create them, there's no one to make new mods, posts that need to be moved/deleted pile up without anyone to do so, etc.

But hey, if that's your idea of fun.

Last edited by sremick; 07-11-2009 at 09:00 AM.

MCL
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Oh well, no, kinda been to too many forums. I still get to talk to people I know here, noone I know has went there I mean my friends. This was gonna be my last forum any that I would of joined anyway. Good thing this is a forum not a boat....
    PS3 ID:Mario6446

MC Lopez Drawings! (Monthly)

members/mcl-albums-my-artwork-picture10188-tony-stark.jpg click for more

Visit at deviantart sneaksketchartist

In memory of BirdMasterLv100

Quote Originally Posted by BirdMasterLv100 View Post
    What's up people!?
    Any new Bacon Lovers?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    This thread has been making people depressed. The thread is called "Is WiiChat Dying" not how "How Do We Make WiiChat More Miserable". I have met cool people and brawled great players when I made an account here and I wanna keep on doing that. You guys keep on talking about the veterans but not the newbies that are enjoying themselfs. I'm having a great time talking about Brawl strategies, the songs I listen to, what am I thinking, true or false questions, discussing my beliefs of ghosts, describing myself to people, learning about other countries and states, reading what people thought brawl was gonna be like, arguing with CK about dumb stuff, watching videos that people post, asking people questions, telling people my secrets, looking at pictures of members and video games, and the stuff that I'm looking towards enjoying. So stop being all depressed and gloomy and start making threads

I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.

My AllisBrawl profile

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Ads