Thread: Racism

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    http://www.thestar.com/article/664421
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...b-murder-egypt

It's funny how the second article never made the news in the US. If it was a muslim killing a german women they would have discussed it for weeks.
    The first article still highlights that it was a european who stabbed the muslim woman, and how "appalling" it is that there is western ignorance to the incident. Isn't that the underlying problem you are implying?
    Last edited by Bio; 07-15-2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Yeah the first article mentions the story in the second article but the story itself was not covered in America to my knowledge. Not sure what you're asking though? :P Just thought it was pertinent as the OP mentioned arabs and such being the target of a lot of racism these days which is very true.

The police shot the pregnant woman who is being stabbed's husband instead of the german guy with the knife? Why?

I watched a documentary the other day about a puerto rican street banger who converted and moved from his neighborhood. They established a mosque and he was working at a jail to help inmates reform. The FBI raided the mosque on a friday during service (which would be like raiding a church on sunday during service) for no real reason.
    Last edited by Skorp; 07-15-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    There's absolutely nothing racist about opposing illegal immigration, because it's a drain on the economy. The key part of this though is the 'illegal' bit, as opposed to legal immigration where they contribute to the country just like normal citizens. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to recognise the difference between legal and illegal immigration, and this issue gets used by scum like the Front National and the BNP to justify their racist ideologies (and before Jack/Dr Mario replies, any party that wants to ban inter-racial relationships is racist).
    Haha, yes, that's the most laughable policy of them all. Apparantly it destroys a bloodline or something, I dunno.

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah the first article mentions the story in the second article but the story itself was not covered in America to my knowledge. Not sure what you're asking though? :P Just thought it was pertinent as the OP mentioned arabs and such being the target of a lot of racism these days which is very true.

The police shot the pregnant woman who is being stabbed's husband instead of the german guy with the knife? Why?

Can I say, that was an Islamaphobic attack, not an Arabphobic one. There are many Christian Arabs and many white Muslims- do not think the terms Arab and Muslim are synonymous.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989 View Post
    ... any employer would jump upon the chance of hiring a cheaper worker for the same effort.
    All this brings up the question: Does this American (out of a job) have the right to be racist against Mexicans if it's happening on a major scale?
    No, but he does have the right to report his former employer to the authorities.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    There's absolutely nothing racist about opposing illegal immigration, because it's a drain on the economy. The key part of this though is the 'illegal' bit, as opposed to legal immigration where they contribute to the country just like normal citizens. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to recognise the difference between legal and illegal immigration, and this issue gets used by scum like the Front National and the BNP to justify their racist ideologies (and before Jack/Dr Mario replies, any party that wants to ban inter-racial relationships is racist).
    Poppycock. Of course it's not racist.
    It's preserving race and culture - as opposed to getting rid of it!

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Can I say, that was an Islamaphobic attack, not an Arabphobic one. There are many Christian Arabs and many white Muslims- do not think the terms Arab and Muslim are synonymous.
    Yes, I understand they are different, but they are often grouped together by those less informed than yourself. The topic is about the current state of racism, which today goes beyond black and white as the original poster stated. Not sure why you're jumping at me for bringing another topic to the discussion. When someone looks at a brown skinned guy with a beard they have certain preconceived notions, to me that fits into racism.
    Last edited by Skorp; 07-15-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yes, I understand they are different, but they are often grouped together by those less informed than yourself. The topic is about the current state of racism, which today goes beyond black and white as the original poster stated. Not sure why you're jumping at me for bringing another topic to the discussion. When someone looks at a brown skinned guy with a beard they have certain preconceived notions, to me that fits into racism.
    I wasn't insulting you, don't take it so personally.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    Poppycock. Of course it's not racist.
    It's preserving race and culture - as opposed to getting rid of it!
    Races don't need preserving. It's just the colour of your skin and a few minor, irrelevant genetic traits. The government has no right to tell the people who they should and shouldn't have relationships with.

I don't know how you intend to 'preserve' culture, because culture is constantly changing. The culture of 30's was different to the 40's, which was different to the 50's, etc. Saying that, I cannot consider any society that accepts the disgusting practices of eugenics and anti-miscegenation as cultured.

Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Haha, yes, that's the most laughable policy of them all. Apparantly it destroys a bloodline or something, I dunno.
    Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can think that a mixed race child "destroys a bloodline" other than by some absurd racist reasoning.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can think that a mixed race child "destroys a bloodline" other than by some absurd racist reasoning.
    You've got to give them credit- at least they sat in a room and actually tried to come up with a convincing reason as to why inter racial relationships are bad, instead of just spouting the usual illogical, irrational crap.

Ads