Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Health Care

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7915-0101-5710-6533
    What has your government done for you lately? The people in D.C. and state government are more concerned with keeping themselves in office rather than serving the people who elected them.

Such as this health care reform bill. Many many people have said gov't run health care is a bad thing but because the democrats came up with it, and we have a democrat run congress and president, we'll probably get it shoved down our throats anyway.

I mention the fire dept only because it seems every election there is another bill that scare tactics are used, saying that if we dont pass that bill to raise taxes, the gov't will be forced to cut back on police and fire services. You hardly ever see a bill that cuts back on congress's paychecks and special perks.

Speaking of congress's special perks, if the health care proposal they are voting on is so good for the rest of us, why does congress have its own special health care only for them?

And schools are nothing more than liberal-run camps where they teach our kids to be good little citizens that dont question authority (unless its a Republican president).

The bottom line is, I would much rather see congress working on fixing our existing Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, rather than creating yet another gov't office that will just suck up our tax money thru inefficiencies like the rest of them do.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    What has your government done for you lately? The people in D.C. and state government are more concerned with keeping themselves in office rather than serving the people who elected them.
    Lately, nothing really. But that's just that's thinking in the present and ignoring what they do everyday. They pretty much keep the country running and protect it's citizens.

And yes i will say most people in D.C. are selfish in there purpose there but a few will do they right thing. And yes I'm aware i'm about to get bashed for saying a few out of the many.

Such as this health care reform bill. Many many people have said gov't run health care is a bad thing but because the democrats came up with it, and we have a democrat run congress and president, we'll probably get it shoved down our throats anyway.
    Actually over 70% of American's want a Public Option. They just disagree on how it should be dealt with. And right now it seems to me that democrats lack the spine to do anything. I mean with such a high majority you think that sht would get done around here.

I mention the fire dept only because it seems every election there is another bill that scare tactics are used, saying that if we dont pass that bill to raise taxes, the gov't will be forced to cut back on police and fire services. You hardly ever see a bill that cuts back on congress's paychecks and special perks.
    I'm liking you mate. But you seem a little paranoid even though what you speak is true.

Speaking of congress's special perks, if the health care proposal they are voting on is so good for the rest of us, why does congress have its own special health care only for them?
    Why does people at Well's Fargo bank have there own special health care that i don't get at my job? Right now if a business wants to supply you with health care they can. So congress did what everyone else was doing.

And schools are nothing more than liberal-run camps where they teach our kids to be good little citizens that dont question authority (unless its a Republican president).
    Your freaking kidding me right. Come to where I live. We have soooooo much conservative values secretly pushed down our throats by our republican teachers its crazy. One of my science teachers practically teaches creationism along with evolution. O.o

Also the fact that you think they are liberal-run camps makes me wonder.

The bottom line is, I would much rather see congress working on fixing our existing Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, rather than creating yet another gov't office that will just suck up our tax money thru inefficiencies like the rest of them do.
    Well if you want to seem them fixing Medicare and Medicaid you might want them to reform it totally. If we do reform it then there is no need to fix the old stuff, we can just throw it away and have bright new shiny stuff. Also I doubt that social security will be fixed any time soon. I'm just hoping it will be better in 40 years when I'm ready to retire :P

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Ads