LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 642

Thread: Does God exist?

  1. #121
    WiiChat Member baxcrunner's Avatar
    Member #
    63686
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3629-9416-8700-0980
    hey you guys should check this out.
    Its a link to a page of the creation EVIDENCE museum.
    Dr. Carl Baugh came up with this hypothesis. Dont know what you guys would think though.

    http://75.125.60.6/~creatio1/index.p...&id=5&Itemid=7

    on the right side of the page is a column with pics and labels on it. its a creation timeline with some very cool scientific evidence.

  2. #122
    Se Habla Español GCommander's Avatar
    Member #
    60521
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Anyone into Scientology? XD


    I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.



    My AllisBrawl profile

  3. #123
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by baxcrunner View Post
    hey you guys should check this out.
    Its a link to a page of the creation EVIDENCE museum.
    Dr. Carl Baugh came up with this hypothesis. Dont know what you guys would think though.

    http://75.125.60.6/~creatio1/index.p...&id=5&Itemid=7

    on the right side of the page is a column with pics and labels on it. its a creation timeline with some very cool scientific evidence.
    What evidence? It's just a load of pseudoscientific nonsense and speculation, and the only "evidence" they seem to have is some Bible quotes (and it is circular reasoning to use the Bible to prove the Bible is correct).

    Alright creationists, just for a change, I've got some questions for you:

    1) How do you account for the fact that several different radioactive dating methods all consistently give an age of the Earth of approximately 4.5 billion years?

    2) If the Universe is only 6000 years old, how do explain the fact that we can see objects millions of light years away?

    3) Why do you think that this "intelligent designer" has to be the God of the Bible/Qu'ran, and not aliens or the Greek gods, for example?



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  4. #124
    WiiChat Member baxcrunner's Avatar
    Member #
    63686
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3629-9416-8700-0980
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    What evidence? It's just a load of pseudoscientific nonsense and speculation, and the only "evidence" they seem to have is some Bible quotes (and it is circular reasoning to use the Bible to prove the Bible is correct).

    Alright creationists, just for a change, I've got some questions for you:

    1) How do you account for the fact that several different radioactive dating methods all consistently give an age of the Earth of approximately 4.5 billion years?

    2) If the Universe is only 6000 years old, how do explain the fact that we can see objects millions of light years away?

    3) Why do you think that this "intelligent designer" has to be the God of the Bible/Qu'ran, and not aliens or the Greek gods, for example?
    1. This is directly from the Creation Evidence Museum Website
    Creation Science Briefs
    Subject: Carbon Dating
    A less-common form of the carbon atom, carbon-14, is used today by scientists as a method to date once-living organisms. Many people believe that carbon dating disproves the Biblical time scale of history. However, because of the difficulties with current C14 dating techniques, the dates produced have been shown to be faulty.
    Carbon-14 is produced in the upper atmosphere by action of cosmic rays. Once the C 14 has been formed, by converting nitrogen-14 into carbon-14, it behaves like ordinary carbon-12, combining with oxygen to give carbon dioxide, and freely cycling through the cells of all plants and animals. Carbon-14 is used for a dating material because once it has been formed, C14 begins to decay radioactively back to nitrogen-14, at a rate of change that can be measured. As soon as an organism dies, the C14 atoms which decay are no longer replaced by new ones through respiration. Consequently, the ratio of C14 to C12 in that once-living organism decreases as time goes on. The problem with the carbon dating method is—scientists can not be sure of what the C14/C12 ratio was when the organism died. Carbon dating assumes that the ratio has remained constant; however, events, such as the industrial revolution, are known to have raised C12 levels. Other possible factors, such as the presence of a water canopy, would have lowered the amount of C14 in the pre-Flood world. Because pre-Flood specimens had so little carbon-14 in them, some might appear to have been decaying for tens of thousands of years. Also, the decay of the earth’s magnetic field would have direct effects on C14 level, again, giving artificially old ages the farther you go back in time. Finally, carbon dating has been shown untrustworthy with some present day aquatic specimens that were concluded to be thousands of years old. For example, the shells of living snails’ were carbon dated and showed that the snails had died 27,000 years ago. Other specimens have been carbon dated more than once, each time producing a different date varying by thousands of years. In overview, we see that the radiocarbon dating method is certainly no embarrassment to the Biblical creationist who believes in a young earth. In fact, when all data, such as the decay of the magnetic field and the canopy, is taken into accord, carbon dating seems to support a young earth.
    CEM Staff

    2. Genesis 1:2-4 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

    So the light was there and has been there since.

    3.Because I just have faith.

  5. #125
    retired competive brawler her01771's Avatar
    Member #
    64335
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    shhh....BoZ is watching... XD
    Posts
    225
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3653-1119-7805-0000
    u guys dont have faith.
    either because
    a.) You wern't raised near god
    b.) rasied to believe in evolution
    c.)doubting that there is a god, making a prayer and you don't get it- making you believe there isn't a god
    d.)you are wondering, why is there evil in this world
    e.)stuff from god sounds crazy to you, doubting there is a god
    "I'm not afraid to take a stand
    Everybody come take my hand
    We'll walk this road together, through the storm
    Whatever weather, cold or warm
    Just let you know that, you're not alone
    Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road"
    -Eminem

  6. #126
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Alright creationists, just for a change, I've got some questions for you:

    1) How do you account for the fact that several different radioactive dating methods all consistently give an age of the Earth of approximately 4.5 billion years?

    2) If the Universe is only 6000 years old, how do explain the fact that we can see objects millions of light years away?

    The Bible does not rule out a 4.5 billion year old earth, a 100 billion year old earth, or even a 100 quadrillion year old earth. The Hebrew word translated as "day" can mean any amount of time, not just a 24 hour period, much the same was the English word "day" can (i.e. "Back in my day...", etc.).



    3) Why do you think that this "intelligent designer" has to be the God of the Bible/Qu'ran, and not aliens or the Greek gods, for example?
    That's a whole nother giant topic that people spend their entire lives working on....

  7. #127
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by baxcrunner View Post
    1. This is directly from the Creation Evidence Museum Website
    Creation Science Briefs
    Subject: Carbon Dating
    I stopped reading about here. That's not how you'd estimate the age of the Earth (it doesn't work for things which are more than a few thousand years old). You have to use other methods, such as lead-lead dating. My question was, how do you explain the fact that several different methods all give roughly the same result of around 4.5 billion years?

    2. Genesis 1:2-4 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

    So the light was there and has been there since.
    So what I think you're saying is, God created the light from distant objects "in transit", so that we'd able to see objects billions of light years away? Wouldn't that imply that God is trying to deceive us into thinking the Universe is much older than it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by her01771 View Post
    u guys dont have faith.
    either because
    a.) You wern't raised near god
    b.) rasied to believe in evolution
    c.)doubting that there is a god, making a prayer and you don't get it- making you believe there isn't a god
    d.)you are wondering, why is there evil in this world
    e.)stuff from god sounds crazy to you, doubting there is a god
    Well my family isn't religious, although I wasn't raised to "believe in evolution". That's a conclusion I came to on my own, by studying the evidence.

    The reason I don't have faith is because I'm a sceptic. I value evidence, reason, and testability of claims. You're right on one thing though, a lot of religion does sound crazy to me (a lot of it seems contradictory- for example, what kind of "loving" God could cast someone into Hell for eternity?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The Bible does not rule out a 4.5 billion year old earth, a 100 billion year old earth, or even a 100 quadrillion year old earth. The Hebrew word translated as "day" can mean any amount of time, not just a 24 hour period, much the same was the English word "day" can (i.e. "Back in my day...", etc.)..
    I was mainly questioning the Young Earth Creationists (not that I don't think Old Earth Creationism is equally rubbish).



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  8. #128
    Ace Attorney™ Phoenix Wright's Avatar
    Member #
    63324
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    District Courtroom - Room No. 3
    Posts
    670
    Friends
    67
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2731-8224-5251-0572
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baxcrunner View Post
    1. This is directly from the Creation Evidence Museum Website
    Creation Science Briefs
    Subject: Carbon Dating
    I stopped reading about here. That's not how you'd estimate the age of the Earth (it doesn't work for things which are more than a few thousand years old). You have to use other methods, such as lead-lead dating. My question was, how do you explain the fact that several different methods all give roughly the same result of around 4.5 billion years?

    2. Genesis 1:2-4 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

    So the light was there and has been there since.
    So what I think you're saying is, God created the light from distant objects "in transit", so that we'd able to see objects billions of light years away? Wouldn't that imply that God is trying to deceive us into thinking the Universe is much older than it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by her01771 View Post
    u guys dont have faith.
    either because
    a.) You wern't raised near god
    b.) rasied to believe in evolution
    c.)doubting that there is a god, making a prayer and you don't get it- making you believe there isn't a god
    d.)you are wondering, why is there evil in this world
    e.)stuff from god sounds crazy to you, doubting there is a god
    Well my family isn't religious, although I wasn't raised to "believe in evolution". That's a conclusion I came to on my own, by studying the evidence.

    The reason I don't have faith is because I'm a sceptic. I value evidence, reason, and testability of claims. You're right on one thing though, a lot of religion does sound crazy to me (a lot of it seems contradictory- for example, what kind of "loving" God could cast someone into Hell for eternity?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The Bible does not rule out a 4.5 billion year old earth, a 100 billion year old earth, or even a 100 quadrillion year old earth. The Hebrew word translated as "day" can mean any amount of time, not just a 24 hour period, much the same was the English word "day" can (i.e. "Back in my day...", etc.)..
    I was mainly questioning the Young Earth Creationists (not that I don't think Old Earth Creationism is equally rubbish).
    love hurts. and 'hell' is just a term. nobody is in hell for eternity. the moment they are thrown into hell, they are wiped out from existance. they are gone, and no longer real. as a fading memory. why would he do that? well, if you refuse to love him, and worship him, then why shouldn't he? to tell you guys, there's no way of proving anything, and I know that. the only way we are going to find out the day we die, and if i meet you guys in heaven, then im greeting you guys with a 'told-you-so' response. however, there's no real way of proving anything. evolution is man's theory because we men cannot reason the supernatural. God does not have a beginning, and does not have an end. he was just there, and we cannot make reason of that. That is why men turn to evolution, because they believe it has the evidence, and some other stuff.

    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #129
    retired competive brawler her01771's Avatar
    Member #
    64335
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    shhh....BoZ is watching... XD
    Posts
    225
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3653-1119-7805-0000
    love hurts. and 'hell' is just a term. nobody is in hell for eternity. the moment they are thrown into hell, they are wiped out from existance. they are gone, and no longer real. as a fading memory. why would he do that? well, if you refuse to love him, and worship him, then why shouldn't he? to tell you guys, there's no way of proving anything, and I know that. the only way we are going to find out the day we die, and if i meet you guys in heaven, then im greeting you guys with a 'told-you-so' response. however, there's no real way of proving anything. evolution is man's theory because we men cannot reason the supernatural. God does not have a beginning, and does not have an end. he was just there, and we cannot make reason of that. That is why men turn to evolution, because they believe it has the evidence, and some other stuff.
    ah, the ignorance of humanity. what he said.
    "I'm not afraid to take a stand
    Everybody come take my hand
    We'll walk this road together, through the storm
    Whatever weather, cold or warm
    Just let you know that, you're not alone
    Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road"
    -Eminem

  10. #130
    WiiChat Member baxcrunner's Avatar
    Member #
    63686
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3629-9416-8700-0980
    well what is a discussion for eh?
    God bless all of ya

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. 59 Poes Glitch - does it exist?
    By DVDGuy in forum Legend of Zelda
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
  2. Call of Duty 5 Doesn't exist!!!
    By akubokawii in forum Xbox Consoles
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
  3. wiiface does it exist?
    By nark_1 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:45 AM
  4. if nintendo didnt exist wat do u thimk would be................
    By rishi 20 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
  5. Christians
    By kissoff182 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 486
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 08:24 PM

Search tags for this page

because through it i see

,

does god care or even exist?

,

does god exist forums

,

things that are not humanly possible

,

thunderstorms is god mad

Click on a term to search for related topics.