+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Have you ever considered the possibility that Protestants are just guilty of distorting the Bible to fit their own desires? I mean, it's not like anyone has the original copy to hand to check (the Dead Sea scrolls are about as close as we're likely to get).
    No, because Protestantism is one of the few Christian denominations that place the Bible as authoraritive instead of the Church. We can make our interpretation of it, we do not have to go by the thoughts of a pensioner in a golden church in Rome. Therefore, if we do distort it, we are only distorting it ourself.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a particular fascination of mine, especially the Apocryphal Gospels that tell a completely different version of events to the canonical ones.

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Have you ever considered the possibility that Protestants are just guilty of distorting the Bible to fit their own desires? I mean, it's not like anyone has the original copy to hand to check (the Dead Sea scrolls are about as close as we're likely to get).
    No, because Protestantism is one of the few Christian denominations that place the Bible as authoraritive instead of the Church. We can make our interpretation of it, we do not have to go by the thoughts of a pensioner in a golden church in Rome. Therefore, if we do distort it, we are only distorting it ourself.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a particular fascination of mine, especially the Apocryphal Gospels that tell a completely different version of events to the canonical ones.
    You would have to be born into Protestantism to believe such a thing. Other denominations will tell you the same exact thing, and yet completely disagree with you on other matters. There are SO MANY different denominations that contradict one another and even some who express hatred for one another that such confusion arises among Christianity. While people have caused most of this strife, the language of the Bible is now mostly that of man, not God, and this is why there are so many problems with Christianity (not necessarily the Christians themselves, most "Christians" these days do not follow any religion but rather tradition and culture mixed with what they may or may not know as simplified atheism).
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Other denominations will tell you the same exact thing, and yet completely disagree with you on other matters
    Really? Which ones?

There are SO MANY different denominations that contradict one another
    How do they contradict each other? Could you give an example?

even some who express hatred for one another that such confusion arises among Christianity
    Again, no Christian denomination hates another Christian denomination. The Christians within those denimonations may hate other Christians, but no denomination actively preaches hate. That would be a downright contradiction to the Christian faith itself.

people have caused most of this strife, the language of the Bible is now mostly that of man, not God,
    It's all the language of man; none of it is th language of God.

many problems with Christianity
    What are these many problems? Care to list them? I suspect you'll go banging on about denominations again, but that's not a problem; heck, I'd say the fact Christianity is still a firmly united religion despite all the denominations is not a problem, it is an absoloute achievement, that no religion or country has been able to reach in history.

not necessarily the Christians themselves, most "Christians" these days do not follow any religion but rather tradition and culture mixed with what they may or may not know as simplified atheism
    Christians today do not see their faith as a religion at all. Religion is man made, it is a system of laws and codes, many of them completely pointless and irrational, that is the opium of the masses so to speak. Most Christians (and I emphasise most) see Christianity not as a religion, but a divine relationship with the King, a true path, not as a social-political system as religion tries to be, but as a deeply personal albeit welcoming path of truth.

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Christians today do not see their faith as a religion at all. Religion is man made, it is a system of laws and codes, many of them completely pointless and irrational, that is the opium of the masses so to speak. Most Christians (and I emphasise most) see Christianity not as a religion, but a divine relationship with the King, a true path, not as a social-political system as religion tries to be, but as a deeply personal albeit welcoming path of truth.
    Thing is, most religions the same thing, that they are the 'true path' to God. So call it what you like, but to me Christianity is still a religion.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91 View Post
    There are SO MANY different denominations that contradict one another
    That doesn't mean they are all incorrect though.

most "Christians" these days do not follow any religion but rather tradition and culture
    Agreed. On occasion I've had the opportunity to talk to lifelong Christians of various denominations, and it's not uncommon for them to know little about the Bible and are surprised to find aspects of their personal beliefs are not supported by the Bible or even directly contradict it.

Member #
    Friends
    5273-9078-3043-9505
    Of course God exist. Just because you have no evidence of him being real doesn't make it so....that is what having faith in something is. You don't have to see to believe...

PS3 > sparty4life82976

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The simple answer to this is yes if not for him you'll be dead

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    True that^
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Oblivion, Smash 3DS, Parry Souls 2.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    If I could answer that, what would be the point?

Member #
    Friends
    5620-0258-2298-6820
    People God DOES exsist if he didnt how would you be living? if you want proof God DOES exist then go find a bible, if you dont have one buy one. read the bible, it IS God's word. Everything in the bible is true to the end. God gave us the bible so we could read and believe and have faith that he DOES exist. some people say God is a man, some say He doesnt care about us, Let me ask you one question. If God didnt exist would you have your parents, where would your life be? we would be living a life of sin and corruption, we wouldnt know right from wrong you wouldnt know how to love, you would be a disgusting whoremonger. you wouldnt respect anyone but your self and your false gods, and idols. it doesnt depend on your religion.

God DOES exsist.

P.S there's a difference between religion and christianity.
    Last edited by saint str; 01-04-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Ads