+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Does God exist?

Slightly different than my other active topic "Why atheism", this topic seeks to focus more on that idea concerning whether God exists or does not exist. It will focus more on the concept of God, so what religion one may be shouldn't have much of an affect the discussion as much as it normally would (but nonetheless still there).

If you believe in God, explain your understanding of God (for example, if you are a deist, you might believe that there is definitely a God, but he doesn't care for his creations, or that God is a man, etc.)

If you do NOT believe in God (which would be the majority of the people who are going to contribute to this thread), explain why you don't believe that God exists and maybe even what led you to believe that way.

Remember to keep the discussion calm and clean so as to make the experience as enjoyable and informative as possible.

To start off, personally, I will be posting several articles that give the Islamic perspective as to why without a doubt a single Creator with infinite power exists, and the absolute proofs that there actually IS a God, and attempt to show that those who do not recognize His blatant existence are truly blind (that is simply my message and isn't meant to offend anyone).

EDIT: January 25th, 2010: Here's a video of the answer in the Islamic perspective, very easy to follow and is worth watching and is enjoyable. Don't let the video length scare you, or don't skip around should you decide to watch the video in its entirety. Answers a lot of questions and touches on many subjects concerning if God exists. There is some terminology that will definitely be foreign to you (he uses a few Arabic words, but don't worry the video is in English), and I will try my best to aid you in what he meant when explaining something or responding to someone. The actual lecture starts at about a minute and twenty seconds in.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCbrGqhoBc&feature=PlayList&p=BA79CF90621 797EC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2[/ame]
    Last edited by RPGMasterTurk91; 01-25-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    depends on your religion
    Last edited by WAWlrus; 11-19-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: cuz

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWlrus View Post
    depends on your religion
    heh no it doesn't (I'm pretty sure you were joking).

God existing or not is not decided by one's belief. A belief can be anything. Anyone wanna have a say in this matter? Be my guest.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    God does not exist.

everything in the world we know can be explained in a certain matter. for example we came about through evolution and then advanced ourselves from cavemen ancesters to the highly technological beings we are today. some will argue God and i will even admit, some of the push needed to advance came from religion. does that mean God? no, but rather that these thiests gave thier help and claimed it was from god.
    when an artist gets inspired and paints the greatest masterpiece in the world, many will say the artist was inspired. around the same amount will claim the inspiration came from God.

we can find evidence to explain almost every occurance possible. the ones we can't, we're working on figuring out. many thiests will claim it was 'Gods will, until we do, and the stubbern ones will after too.

to put it simply though, it all comes down to a belief of whether there is a God or not. its currently impossible to prove him yet currently impossible to disprove him. humans today simply don't know enough. when we learn more we'll likely revise our views and that will change the worlds beliefs. like how everyone believed the world was flat. until finally proven otherwise it was defined as fact.
    God may not be defined as fact but you'll get a fair amount on either side of the arguement about his existance.

and this is just a rhetorical question: if there truly is a God, should we worship said diety? the world today is plagued with disease, tyranny, war, and hate. do those sound like something a caring and loving God would allow? i don't believe in God but if he existed, i would hate him with every fiber in my being for allowing such evils to run ranpent accross the globe.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    God dose exist but hes very bus touring this time of year

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Perhaps if you didn't view it as irrationality it would help your perception of it. I have my own reasons for believing in God, of which I have found my own evidence. Since I have no desire to prove it to anybody else, am I so irrational?

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Member #
    Friends
    Does a God exist? I don't know. But I've never seen any good evidence to suggest the existence of a God, therefore I don't believe that one exists.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Put it this way.

We have more proof for the existence of extra-terrestrial UFOs, and Alien abduction, than we do for God.

Enoch was right.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    God dose exist but hes very bus touring this time of year
    lol. Thats not god. Your thinkin of Santa Claus. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #