LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 149

Thread: Gay Marrige

  1. #1
    Not Here Shadow*91's Avatar
    Member #
    55593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Another site.
    Posts
    1,915
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

    Gay Marrige

    there was an old thread like this but it died out way long ago. so i'm bringing in a new one cause of all the new members.

    so what are your opinions on gay marrige and just gay rights in general?
    btw, any rude comments will be deleted by the mods

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Bio
    Bio is offline
    WiiChat Member Bio's Avatar
    Member #
    55530
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,078
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Let 'em marry each other. The end. Amirite?
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

    Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

  4. #3
    Not Here Shadow*91's Avatar
    Member #
    55593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Another site.
    Posts
    1,915
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?

  5. #4
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I see absolutely no good reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  6. #5
    Bio
    Bio is offline
    WiiChat Member Bio's Avatar
    Member #
    55530
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,078
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?
    I haven't been following it closely, but it seems like most of the extreme opposition has to do with religion.

    I think what is "wrong" with the gay marriage idea for the opposition is that marriage practices in the US are religion-based...and that basis observes male-female unions and not same-sex ones. There is probably more to it than that, though, but I think that's the big one.
    Last edited by Bio; 01-11-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

    Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

  7. #6
    Bringer of BOTTOM!! DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,880
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Marriage is for the gays!

    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I see absolutely no good reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry.
    Confused kids?
    "Dadies witch ones mumy?"


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  8. #7
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I see absolutely no good reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry.
    Confused kids?
    "Dadies witch ones mumy?"
    If singles can raise kids, gay couples should be able to do fine.



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


  9. #8
    Bringer of BOTTOM!! DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    18,880
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I see absolutely no good reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry.
    Confused kids?
    "Dadies witch ones mumy?"
    If singles can raise kids, gay couples should be able to do fine.
    Well there are a lot of kids that will probably get a better upbringing with parents that will give a toss what they do all-day, but that's a kinda off topic route for conversion.
    Still think the kid will be wondering why he has no mother.

    Well unless one of them is a transvestite.


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  10. #9
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?
    I haven't been following it closely, but it seems like most of the extreme opposition has to do with religion.

    I think what is "wrong" with the gay marriage idea for the opposition is that marriage practices in the US are religion-based...and that basis observes male-female unions and not same-sex ones. There is probably more to it than that, though, but I think that's the big one.
    You're right, the opposition is almost entirely from a religious viewpoint.

    I am a religious person and do believe that marriage is an institution created by God for a man and a woman.

    HOWEVER -
    man's laws cannot change what God considers marriage to be. Even if it's legal everywhere, that makes no difference to God. After all, there are TONS of other things that are perfectly legal that go against God's standards. So it makes no difference to me if it's legal or not, it's not like I'm going to be forced to marry someone of the same sex, so why should I force my views on others? I will do my best to live according to God's will and I will help others to do the same if that is their desire. Man's laws are irrelevant.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Napalmbrain's Avatar
    Member #
    43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    4,286
    Friends
    15
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?
    I haven't been following it closely, but it seems like most of the extreme opposition has to do with religion.

    I think what is "wrong" with the gay marriage idea for the opposition is that marriage practices in the US are religion-based...and that basis observes male-female unions and not same-sex ones. There is probably more to it than that, though, but I think that's the big one.
    You're right, the opposition is almost entirely from a religious viewpoint.

    I am a religious person and do believe that marriage is an institution created by God for a man and a woman.

    HOWEVER -
    man's laws cannot change what God considers marriage to be. Even if it's legal everywhere, that makes no difference to God. After all, there are TONS of other things that are perfectly legal that go against God's standards. So it makes no difference to me if it's legal or not, it's not like I'm going to be forced to marry someone of the same sex, so why should I force my views on others? I will do my best to live according to God's will and I will help others to do the same if that is their desire. Man's laws are irrelevant.
    But the thing is, we don't really know what God considers marriage to be (assuming he exists). Maybe he actually does want gays to be able to get married, and the major religions all got it wrong?



    I never add friend codes.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

(%e2%80%9c%5bhow%5d+does+the+sexual+orientation+of+parents+matter%3f%e2%80%9d%2c+american+sociological+review+66:2+%5bap

Click on a term to search for related topics.