+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    The Zelda timeline is constantly being debated by fans and experts alike. Nobody knows what the true timeline is but it has been confirmed that there IS an order. I've thought about it a lot and have a possible order in mind but it takes a long time to explain so...no.
    i don't know where you get your info, but you should tell them to get there facts straight. there has never been any official mention or confirmation of a timeline. except for OoT to WW to PH
    Oot as in Ocarina of Time?
    You are a White Yoshi.

TJ is a Magikarp named Kip and is being lashed with sauerkraut by his evil grampa. Then he turned into a chicken and we are trying to save him with cookies with special sprinkles and a rainbow Rapidash from the lumpish sewer under the KFC before he is deep-fried.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yes. Wind Waker is confirmed to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time. and Phantom Hourglass starts off by recapping WW because it actually uses the same people in the beginning

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Bro, don't think about the legend of zelda games like that. The developers didn't give a shit which order they were in. That's how it's meant to be played. treat them like single editions; not prequels, sequels, or whatever the **** you wanna call it. I've heard many many times that the only reason why they sometimes try to give a timeline is when there's pressure from the fans. Don't worry about it.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    The Zelda timeline is constantly being debated by fans and experts alike. Nobody knows what the true timeline is but it has been confirmed that there IS an order. I've thought about it a lot and have a possible order in mind but it takes a long time to explain so...no.
    i don't know where you get your info, but you should tell them to get there facts straight. there has never been any official mention or confirmation of a timeline. except for OoT to WW to PH
    I've been looking for more quotes to support what I have said but here is just one example: "Miyamoto’s right hand man, Eiji Aonuma, came right out and said Four Swords was 'the oldest tale in the Zelda Timeline.'"

I do believe Iwata confirmed something at another point but I'm looking for that and other quotes as we speak.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yes. Wind Waker is confirmed to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time. and Phantom Hourglass starts off by recapping WW because it actually uses the same people in the beginning
    I thought MM was the sequel to OoT.
    You are a White Yoshi.

TJ is a Magikarp named Kip and is being lashed with sauerkraut by his evil grampa. Then he turned into a chicken and we are trying to save him with cookies with special sprinkles and a rainbow Rapidash from the lumpish sewer under the KFC before he is deep-fried.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by Booo67 View Post
    MM is the sequel to the Child Timeline of OoT. WW is the sequel to the Adult Timeline.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Booo67 View Post
    MM is the sequel to the Child Timeline of OoT. WW is the sequel to the Adult Timeline.
    Wind waker?
    You are a White Yoshi.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Yes. Wind Waker takes place after Ganon is defeated in the Adult timeline. It is stated that the Hero vanished after saving Hyrule. This is because he got sent back to his original time by Adult Zelda.

Majora's Mask takes place after Young Link is returned to his own time. It is said that he is searching for an old friend. This is Navi, who left Link after he completed his mission because he's not really a Kokiri and she had fulfilled what had been asked of her by the Great Deku Tree.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    All that's known so far is that Oot happens before all of them except Minish Cap, which so far is the first game in the Zelda timeline, and that the split timeline theroy is actually legit. And either Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass are the only ones on on side of the timeline, or they're the second and third from last in their timeline. The last ones in the timeline are oracles of ages and seasons, happening at the same time but on opposite timelines

I went 2 months studying the Zelda timeline, sad I know

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989 View Post
    Bro, don't think about the legend of zelda games like that. The developers didn't give a shit which order they were in. That's how it's meant to be played. treat them like single editions; not prequels, sequels, or whatever the **** you wanna call it. I've heard many many times that the only reason why they sometimes try to give a timeline is when there's pressure from the fans. Don't worry about it.
    I have to agree. Aside from the direct sequels (Oot > MM, WW > PH > ST, etc.) it's probably best not to think too hard about fitting them into any timeline. I'm convinced Aonuma has only made those statements regarding an overall order to tease the fans, and he made up all this stuff about Adult/Child timelines after Wind Waker was released in order to try and justify Twilight Princess.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Ads