The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Personally, none.

In reputation, ... none.

The world's population ain't much better than it used to be when it comes to morals, although prejudism is a tad less common I'd think.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    The world's population ain't much better than it used to be when it comes to morals, although prejudism is a tad less common I'd think.
    Nope. It's worse.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I disagree with that, but this ain't really something you can debate on...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Yes you can.
    Prejudism is just more subtle and most people take it as a joke. But it's there.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Never said it wasn't. Racism's gonna exist so long as humans are sentient, plain and simple. Haters gonna hate.

It really isn't something you can debate over. There're no absolute facts or data. We can throw opinions at eachother, but that ain't gonna go anywhere fast since there aren't any statistic to back it. Just ain't a way to prove who's right or wrong.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Never said it wasn't. Racism's gonna exist so long as humans are sentient, plain and simple. Haters gonna hate.

It really isn't something you can debate over. There're no absolute facts or data. We can throw opinions at eachother, but that ain't gonna go anywhere fast since there aren't any statistic to back it. Just ain't a way to prove who's right or wrong.
    This is a case where data is not required. We have the interwebz now: It's much simpler to go at each other's throats.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I debate in the pursuit of knowledge, not as a source of entertainment. :P

Regardless of how entertaining it can be.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

October 28th

Today, we've got a great seven holidays and one birthday.

National Chocolate Day (US)
    International Bandanna Day
    Frankenstein Friday
    Saint Jude's Day
    Statue Of Liberty Day
    Independence Day (Czech Republic)
    Ohi Day (Greece)
    Jonas Salk's Birthday

Oh look, another day for us fat Americans to shove something unhealthy in our faces... But, you'd have to be stupid to not "celebrate" National Chocolate Day. Rather than grabbing a bunch of cheap chocolate and making out like fat Albert in a candy shop, invest in a small amount of deluxe chocolate; you'll be glad you did. You get to endorse in more deliciousness with less heart attack.

International Bandanna Day is a day of awareness declared by The Sunflower Fund for people to donate to their cause by buying a Bandanna. Their funds tend to go to helping people with blood disorders, those with leukemia in particular.

Frankenstein Friday celebrates the creator of Frankenstein and the first actor to play Frankenstein. Frankenstein obviously holds no terror nor scare factor nowadays, but that's only because the legendary monster was overplayed and parodied far too often; sort of like every ****ing meme on the internets. So yeah, today's a cool holiday for all you horror fans out there. Oh, and here's a fun fact for ya; did you know Shelley didn't create Frankenstein on imagination alone? At least some of her inspiration comes from the true story of a scientist who was a pioneer of electricity. He would shock corpses of animals, limbs, and eventually whole cadavers and cause their nervous systems to react and thus, "reanimate" the dead, stunning on-looking crowds. Alessandro Volta believed he'd one day be able to permanently bring someone back to life with electricity, but as you know, this never happened; or at least, it happened only in a book.

Saint Jude's Day is a feast day for Jude the Apostle. I know nothin' about 'em, so here ya go.

Statue Of Liberty Day celebrates the same date in 1886 that the France-gifted Statue of Liberty was publicly unveiled. Contrary to the belief the Statue of Liberty indeed represents the US' Liberty and freedoms, but that ain't exactly it. Rather, it represents the undying relationship of France and the US. Little ol' France greatly sympathized with the US' ideals, and of course helped in the American Revolution. Thus, it represents the ties two lands hold; as well as the freedom-ideals that brought them together in the first place.

Czech Republic's Independence Day celebrates the day the Austrian-Hungary empire fell apart during WWI, which as a result could obviously no longer control Czechoslovakia, leaving it independent and free.

No, this isn't ohai day. Ohi (also spelled as Ochi) Day commemorates the day Greek Prime Minister Ioannis Metaxas rejected Italian dictator Mussolini's ultimatum of allowing his forces to capture "strategic locations" throughout Greece, or go to war. A ballsy move knowing that Mussolini was part of the Axis powers, and thus had Hitler on his side. The war that came from this brilliant act of defiance, known as the Greeco-Italian War, lasted a full year of Greece kicking ass. But once Nazi Germany intervened the ass-kicking (at this point becoming known as the Battle of Greece), the tides quickly turned and Greece fell. Regardless, Greece made a choice in fighting back, and WWII could of ended differently or had even more war casualties if they didn't. For that reason, this gets my holiday pick of the day.

Jonas Salk was mentioned by Trollface a bit ago, actually; and his birthday is certainly a noteworthy one. Salk was a famous virologist who developed the first safe polio vaccine; and prior to this vaccine, Polio was the most feared health problem in all of America. He single handed saved hundreds of thousands of lives from death and paralysis. Even after his vaccine breakthrough, he still contributed to medical science in many ways. He wrote plenty of books and continued researching other terrible health issues and disorders, including searching for the vaccine to HIV. It's possible the recent breakthroughs in fighting HIV were directly aided by Salk's findings himself.

More than ever in modern times, we all make a choice by choosing to not act... I'm curious when the next dark hour of total war and despair encroaches apon the world (non-nuclear, since then we'd all be ****ed regardless :P), if there will be notable defiance against whomever is causing this evil before it gains too much momentum. We can always find something grand every country did in their past, but what about the present? In 50 years, will we look back on all the recent events in a good light, or not? ... Knowing governments, we sure as shit will in the history books, anywho.

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK
    I debate in the pursuit of knowledge, not as a source of entertainment. :P

Regardless of how entertaining it can be.
    both.jpg
    Debate should be entertaining while you pursue knowledge.
    More than ever in modern times, we all make a choice by choosing to not act... I'm curious when the next dark hour of total war and despair encroaches apon the world (non-nuclear, since then we'd all be ****ed regardless :P), if there will be notable defiance against whomever is causing this evil before it gains too much momentum. We can always find something grand every country did in their past, but what about the present? In 50 years, will we look back on all the recent events in a good light, or not? ... Knowing governments, we sure as shit will in the history books, anywho.
    WTF is this?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    WTF is this?
    ya mum

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!