Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Many Holidays of Every Day

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Absolutely, that's what spurred me to make that little tidbit about "evil" actually. However, notable in which light, is the question. We all know the history books love to twist things more than a taffy puller. And there's been some news as of late of nasty doings from the rebels, which some people have labeled as being signs of a "one dictator to the next" movement. I'm just sayin' that the book ain't closed on Libya just yet, who knows if things might somehow take a turn for the bad.
    Well I'm no expert on the topic, but I am an expert on going off topic Gaddafi = pure evil. I kind of figured this was what you were talking about. Lets see... its been a bit since Ive read anything but last I heard they wanted Sharia... Seems to me if your going to go through all the trouble of overthrowing a GD oppressive & very brutal dictatorship why oh why would you want to adopt the oldest form of oppression known to man. Well... Its what they're use to I guess... I just don't understand how such an ancient civilization can be so ****ing backwards.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Backwards? If anything, they're the future version of the most advanced countries.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrinny View Post
    Its hard to promote a film with a monster with no name.

Not too many people are gonna be interested in movies focusing on a monster called "the monster with no name".

Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    I just don't understand how such an ancient civilization can be so ****ing backwards.
    Civilization has almost always been ass backwards, and/or corrupt and unfair... Those with ambition are tainted by power, and those of tainted mind aim to gain the same power.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 10-30-2011 at 06:51 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

October 30th

Today, we've got a big seven holidays and two Birthdays.

Haunted Refrigerator Night
    Candy Corn Day
    Checklists Day
    Create a Great Funeral Day
    Devil's Night
    Angel's Night
    Reformation Sunday
    John Adams' Birthday
    Emily Post's Birthday

Haunted Refrigerator Night is scarier than ya might think; if you don't clean the fridge regularly, we all know what sort of Halloween-worthy brew can occur. Take a good look throughout the fridge and scream in horror at the assorted colors and shapes of fungi and bacteria that's resulted if you're as proactive about cleaning as the average American male! ... Or if you're not a moron and keep clean where you keep your food and drink, ignore this day.

Candy Corn Day is right before Halloween, what a surprise. _ Blatant advertisement aside (Candy Corn gets 70%+ of it's yearly sales during Halloween, yet again no surprise), Candy Corn's got some surprising history. The candy's been around since 1880, and the recipe hasn't changed since the very start of the 20th century: Marshmallow, Sugar, and Corn Syrup. Even though I've got a fair sweet tooth, I'm no fan of the simple taste of sugar Candy Corn offers, but it's got plenty of fans. If you're one of 'em, dig in a day early.

Checklists Day is the day to appreciate checklists, whether your memory is godly or not (mine sure as hell isn't ). Checklists as a practical list of objectives, or a "to do" list, supposedly originated from accidents with terrible repercussions from improperly used heavy machinery such as factory-related things and large transportation like planes, as to make sure everything that was needed to be done, was done. Having a checklist for the day is hardly as important, but hey, some of us are just too busy to too memory-impaired to not use 'em. Not to mention they're still damn-important in modern times when it comes to, again, heavy machinery, science mumbo-jumbo and other such complicated jobs or practices.

Create a Great Funeral Day isn't as sadistic as you think. We all kick the bucket one day, so today's the day to think about how you want your funeral (or lack of one) once you do. Make it easier on the people who'll handle the funeral by deciding the details before death wants a hug, since they'l obviously have enough on their minds at the time. This is particularly important if say, your religion is different from a bulk of your family or relatives, and you want your death bed treated as such. As an example of my own, I don't intend to have a funeral at all; I'm goin' out the cheapest way possible at the time. Hell, I might "donate" myself to science, donating organs, whatever since I doubt that costs anything. Better than to dump my corpse to the hands of someone I wouldn't want dealing with such trouble.

Devil's Night is Halloween's Eve, Mischief Night, whatever you want to call it; it's the night to embrace our true sinister nature and cause as much trouble as possible. This isn't just trick without the treat, though; in some areas some people take this as an excuse for serious arson and unforgivable vandalism. I'll certainly be ****ing around after posting tomorrow night's post ( ), but I don't intend on bringing a crowbar nor torch with me, I can assure ya that much. Feel free to join me in spirit, but don't join in on those who're truly crooked. For no reason other than my own soon-to-be amusement, this gets my holiday pick of the day.

In fact, Angel's Night was created in response to terrible amounts of arson on Devil's Night in Detroit, 1994. I myself have to be wary of this paired holiday, since I'm grouped in with the former deity on the 30th. :P Anywho, Angel's Night isn't just one night, and is generally all nights between the 29th and 31st. Many people sign up to guard their communities, patrol around, and report suspicious activity to the cops (who're on constant standby for any place that does support Angel's Night); and there're plenty of people who take the matters of catching scoundrels like me into their own hands, too. A little joke and TPing never hurt anyone, but they never know who's currently sneaking around might be the next pyromaniac. So whether you're being a mischievous demon or a guardian angel, make sure you're either not being the worst of the worst, or helping prevent those who are so from doing their sinister deeds... Or just celebrate Halloween like a normal person.

Reformation Sunday is a religious holiday regarding the religious Protestant Reformation movement in the 16th century, of whom Martin Luther was largely responsible for. And before anyone asks, NO, this ain't MLK. -_-; The reformation was one of the few good movements that has to do with making religion less grimy and decreasing how much power the church had in the pre-modern world.

The second president of the US, John Adams, certainly had a legacy to compete with. He really just kept Washington's policies as best he could, which was nothing short of the safe and smart thing to do. Some unfortunate happenings were going on in the world during his presidency, but he kept a stiff upper lip throughout it all. Not a bad president at the very least.

Emily Post was a writer who focused entirely on etiquette; being that she was of the snobby, rich sort of privileged up bringing, it certainly is fitting. Her books on mannerisms of one's expected social hierarchy behaviors are still well-noted to this very day.

So, who's got plans for the eve of Halloween? You all know mine. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Backwards? If anything, they're the future version of the most advanced countries.
    ?_? Sorry I do not understand your logic. In a thousand years us Americans will be beheading warring Xtian sects in the streets. Oppressing women... Public execution of homosexuals and chopping off the digits of thieves. Hard to imagine but anything is possible. Would make a great movie too.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    ?_? Sorry I do not understand your logic. In a thousand years us Americans will be beheading warring Xtian sects in the streets. Oppressing women... Public execution of homosexuals and chopping off the digits of thieves. Hard to imagine but anything is possible. Would make a great movie too.
    History Lesson 101: History repeats itself.

Spoiler Alert!

Love, Peace, and Comfort! The_Man's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Wow i tottaly want to plan my death

Brawl 2192 8924 8771

Goldeneye 368263462467

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    History Lesson 101: History repeats itself.
    Haha the middle east seems to be stuck on repeat. That's what you get when your "law" is 2,000 years out of date.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Haha the middle east seems to be stuck on repeat. That's what you get when your "law" is 2,000 years out of date.
    I never said it only applied to the middle east.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man View Post
    Wow i tottaly want to plan my death
    That's the spirit!

I never said it only applied to the middle east.
    Indeed. Assasin isn't saying history repeats itself to a T with laws and specific morals and the like, but rather the fact humans ain't gonna change. We'll always have wars of some kind, prejudice of some kind, and corruption of some kind. What a wonderful world. ~

Post of the day coming in a bit.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads