The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129

October 31st

happy_halloween_demons_87.JPG

Hallowe'en; a day all ages can celebrate. Whether children want to put holes in their teeth and far too much sugar into their energy reserves, or anyone older to bring out their inner scare or simply just use it as an excuse to party. It's a big holiday for a good reason.

Halloween certainly was not always a commercialized and "happy" holiday, however. Way back in the 16th century is where it's believed roots come from. It was a day for the farmers and stock owners to prepare for the winter ahead, as well as the belief that this time of year was when this world and the next were "closest" to each other, meaning that magicks and sinister spirits would be likely to arise, even the dead to "visit" the living. To ward off such evil, bonfires would be lit and prayers to the gods begging for protection. Such rituals sometimes even involved human sacrifice... Grim indeed. The roots of trick-or-treating and other such common Halloween practices have relatively old roots as well. Enjoy this dark day in whatever way you please, my friends. This is quite obviously, my holiday pick of the day.

The large holiday we all were expecting aside, today we have a surprisingly large eight holidays in addition to Halloween.

National Candy Apple Day
    Books for Treats Day
    Magic Day
    National Knock-Knock Jokes Day
    National UNICEF Day
    Reformation Day
    Samhain
    Admission Day

National Candy Apple Day is yet another unhealthy food celebrates only in the US; but it gets a pass from me since it's tied in with Halloween. A sugary glaze with the healthy food of an apple could certainly be worse on your dietary health than a lot of common treats on Halloween, so today ain't a bad day to eat one.

Books for Treats Day is something that every white collar, stereotypical housewife mother seems to join in on, and annoy whatever kids show up and her doorstep with books instead of candy. 99% of kids are gonna toss the book that could of gone to a DONATION fund for orphans or youngin's of poverty in general. This holiday gets a big GTFO since it not only pisses people off, but has a terrible direction that could be used for something much more worthwhile. GTFO!

Magic Day celebrates the greatest magician of all time, Harry Houdini, and to tie in with Halloween as well. Houdini's date of death was actually on the 31st of October, ironically. Magic Day is simple in that you're to celebrate modern magic and illusory tricks of magicians, whether you're to learn it and maybe even perform it yourself, or simply learn about it and it's history. Perhaps you'll even go and see a magician's show with friends. Knowing just a few card tricks is always interesting regardless, so it's a holiday to appreciate and participate in, indeed.

National Knock-Knock Jokes Day... Do not want. -_-; GTFO to you too.

National UNICEF Day celebrates and promotes that one organization for children's rights and such. They've got business on their agenda that ties into Halloween as well, so... yeah.

Reformation Day is exactly what you read in the last post; except the difference is, Reformation Sunday goes on the last October's Sunday in US Churches. Generally, Reformation Day is celebrated on the 31st regardless instead of that Sunday... Technical date details noone should care about, really.

Samhain is what replaces Halloween for multiple religions. I know little about it, so... here ya go.

Admission Day is the original name of "Nevada Day", and is logically named as such because Nevada officially became a state in 1864 of the same date. There's been a lot of commotion about the date(s) to celebrate this in the past decade, actually. At one point, it was extended to multiple days in hopes to up knowledge and notice for Nevada Day.

Plans for Halloween, anyone? I didn't receive a costume for no reason, so I'll be attending a party. And aside from that, do ya'll care at all for Halloween, and why or why not?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Think hunted fridge
    Think this bit

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    10 seconds in and it all came back to me.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I never said it only applied to the middle east.
    Haahahahahahahahaha OMFG! hahahahaha Ok ok ok. I promise it was purely coincidental that I ended up on this website. Seriously, I somehow ended up on youtube watching this

and I read a comment telling me to google the Collins Elite...

tldr; There is actually a group that believes aliens are demons and in order to save the US we must adopt Old Testament style faith and law.
    Last edited by trollface; 10-31-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    tldr; There is actually a group that believes aliens are demons and in order to save the US we must adopt Old Testament style faith and law.
    Nothing new here.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Nothing new here.
    Its new to me and FREAKIN AWESOME! I always imagined the Xtians would figure out a clever way to explain aliens and UFOs but I never thought it would be this epic.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ... lolwut?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    ... lolwut?
    You really want to know? OK it is pretty complex. Where to start...

Many fundamentalist Xtians despise the possibility of extraterrestrial life, esp intelligent life because it tends to lead people away from their faith. If there is other life it kind of makes us a little less special and kind of makes God a giant dick for having a whole other family... in another town... I always thought they had decided that if there is other intelligent life "God did it" now they've found a scapegoat Satan.

Normally a NASFWGTD situation... However these folk appear to be Evangelical... Evangelical Xtians are the ones who believe Harry Potter is the devil. Evangelicals deny evolution, climate change, dinosaurs... They are very politically active and control a huge voting bloc and one could argue that they are responsible for Bush Jr being elected 2xs.

Anyway I just found it too funny to not share. Sorry for going this far off topic...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    one could argue that they are responsible for Bush Jr being elected 2xs.
    KILL THEM ALL! NOW!

My friend, this is the lounge. There is no off topic.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    KILL THEM ALL! NOW!

My friend, this is the lounge. There is no off topic.
    Any group that can pull a presidential election out of their hat should be feared IMO. I know I'm making a bit too much of it but preachers shouldn't be telling their congregations how to vote. These people literally worshiped Bush... I know a Evangelical who still has a photo of Bush on her fridge and prays for him everyday.

Now watch this video and be afraid and lol simultaneously

Ads