Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129

November 9th

Yesterday had few holidays anyways... Just five, and a single birthday.

Scrapple Day
    National Chaos Never Dies Day
    Kristallnacht's Anniversary
    Independence Day (Cambodia)
    Carl Sagan's Birthday

No, not that vocabulary board game for nerds. Scrapple Day celebrates pon haus, a food made from pork scraps and cornmeal & flour, often with spices added. Mush it all together into a loaf, cut it up, and pan fry it to a state of deliciousness so you've got scrapple. If you live in a rural state of the US, odds are you've had it before. If you haven't, look up a recipe for it and give it a shot, I doubt you'd regret it.

National Chaos Never Dies Day isn't a day of celebration, but a day of spreading the ideal that our lives will always be filled with chaos; and thus, we should enjoy the moment instead of waiting for those rare moments of quiet bliss. If you're an idiot who plans to work a fast food joint his entire life, sure, your life will probably be chaotic forever more. But if you actually give two shits about some foresight and future planning, this holiday is relatively stupid for you. It's certainly good to enjoy the moment with all ya've got, but a life in permanent rush and lack of punctuation? Easily avoidable, at least in the long run.

If you don't know what Kristallnacht is, you really need to bone up on your WWII history... Regardless, the Night of Broken Glass was sort of the official beginning of the end for the Holocaust. Thus, it's anniversary is a serious day of awareness. Since all of this is srs business, I'll give it my holiday pick of the day; in the most respectful sense possible, of course.

Cambodia's Independence Day celebrates the day they gained their freedom from France in 1953. The newest King at the time was chosen because the France politicians believed he'd be easy to bend to their will; turns out he gave Cambodia their independence instead of listening to their greedy demands.

Carl Edward Sagan was a well-known astronomer and author of many writings and books. He has quite a few best seller science publishes, which certainly says something. Sagan made plenty of contributions to astrology and many things space, some of these on his amazing insight alone. His theories about space conditions for the moons and surfaces of other planets were often spot on, such as his theory of Titan, one of Saturn's moons, holding oceans on the surface. Sagan also pegged that the theory of global warming was 100% man made and could quickly turn into a runaway problem that would eventually reach the point of no return; that's a pretty ****ing accurate theory.

Today's actual post coming soon...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Carl Edward Sagan was a well-known astronomer and author of many writings and books. He has quite a few best seller science publishes, which certainly says something. Sagan made plenty of contributions to astrology and many things space, some of these on his amazing insight alone. His theories about space conditions for the moons and surfaces of other planets were often spot on, such as his theory of Titan, one of Saturn's moons, holding oceans on the surface. Sagan also pegged that the theory of global warming was 100% man made and could quickly turn into a runaway problem that would eventually reach the point of no return; that's a pretty ****ing accurate theory.
    Are you sure about that?
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

November 10th

Today we've got six holidays, and a single birthday.

Forget Me Not Day
    Beaver Moon
    Area Codes' Anniversary
    Sesame Street's Anniversary
    USMC's Anniversary (United States Marine Corps)
    First Shout for Independence (Panama)
    Martin Luther's Birthday

Forget Me Not Day is a day inspired by an old legend of a Medieval knight and his lover. The poor chap fell into a river while walking near it with his beloved: his heavy armor kept him from swimming nor escaping the current. Before sinking to his water grave, it is told the knight handed his woman a handful of blue flowers, muttering "forget me not" before the water swept 'em to his grave; indeed, the flower known as the forget-me-not. Today is the day to remember those we may be forgetting or have already forgotten, whether because we're idiots who can't keep in touch with 'em regularly (my usual complaints of "if you need a day out of the year to remind you, you're a damn fool"), or because death can sorta do that to the memory of someone. People are the one thing I'm not good at forgetting, but this gets my holiday pick of the day regardless.

Beaver Moon doesn't mean we can stick Beiber in the engine room of the next rocket to be launched, unfortunately... Rather, this day refers to the full moon in November when beavers are most busy preparing for winter. This day was actually rather important back in the 1700s, since it signaled the time for colonists and Native Americans alike to start trapping beavers.

Area Codes' Anniversary celebrates the day area codes came into effect, the day after the Englewood, New Jersey mayor called a fellow mayor in Almeda, California, exactly 60 years ago. Area Codes, AKA Numbering Plan Areas and once known as STD codes ( ), make it so that we don't have confusion among phone numbers, since there's no way 7 digits alone are enough numbers for just most modern countries. Although, even with 10 digits, America in particular is quickly wearing thin it's reserve of phone numbers...

Sesame Street's Anniversary is what is it... Yep. Moving on.

The Marine Corps were founded way back in 1775. For all of you who don't have much militia knowledge, the Marines are not the US Navy. Marines are essentially the equivalent of maritime army-men, the Navy being the naval forces itself. Shout out to 1337endo!

Panama's First Shout for Independence celebrates Panama's first cries for independence from Spain quite some time back in 1821. Not too many territories were legitimately fighting for freedom back then.

Martin Luther; y'know, that one protestant guy I mentioned some time ago, the guy who isn't MLK. Confronting church corruption means he had a good head on his shoulders, and some brass ****in' balls as well, so he's pretty boss.

... Romance tragedy stories like that legend are far too cliche. _

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Nope.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Oh... ... ... I forgot about today (now yesterday...) again. God damnit... ;_;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Nope.
    Astrology =/= Astronomy
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I'm not an astrologist or astronomer, so... close enough.

Glitches, post of the yesterday lost, epic sadface. I'll rewrite when I ****ing wake up, ugh...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads