Thread: The Many Holidays of Every Day

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Are not you thankful for math Mod of Karp?
    NO, I AM NOT! D:< Math gives me copious amounts of boredom. I might be good with numbers, but that don't mean I enjoy crunching 'em. ;_;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

November 25th

Today, we've got a large ten holidays (****!) and one birthday.

National Day of Listening
    Black Friday
    Maize Day
    National Flossing Day
    Native American Heritage Day
    Saint Catherine's Day
    Sinkie Day
    International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
    Family Day (Nevada)
    Independence Day (Suriname)
    Joe DiMaggio's Birthday

National Day of Listening is the day for people to record their stories; their life; as well as those around 'em, namely family and friends. Not that it hardly matters, but your words could be the next Diary of Anne Frank... If you survive the initial nuclear strikes of WWIII, anywho. Even if your name won't be one with famous history your memory will fail you eventually. Take the initiative and make the life story of yourself and anyone else you know well enough to. With my god forsaken memory in mind, I did so long before I knew about this day.

Black Friday: ugh. The only retail-related event to incur a death on someone; I'm sure everyone who heard of the story can remember the Walmart trampling. Anyone who takes part in the vicious shopping of this day is a damn fool. Bargain hunting properly prior to this day results in the same sorts of good discounts, but without all the stupidity and fuss from the countless assholes who're trying to outrun you to a certain aisle. Not only that, but those with internets like you and I can nab cheap stuff without the need to hustle in stores... America, why you so stupid?

Maize Day celebrates, indeed, maize; better known as corn in English. It certainly ain't the healthiest vegetable out there, but it tastes good. More importantly, maize was an incredibly and important staple food for many pre-modern civilizations, being domesticated as long ago as 12,000 years. With the 21st century ushering in, corn also has more uses than just as food. Corn is a fantastic biofuel; special stoves can make surprisingly efficient use of it in pellet form. Corn is very popular as an ingredient in making ethanol. And of course, corn is a widely used ingredient in many foods. Yep, maize has proved itself an invaluable crop throughout history.

National Flossing Day is the day to celebrate flossing. It's healthy, simple, and quick. Just ****ing do it if you don't; science has long proved what huge benefits it has to keep your teeth 'n gums healthy. Oh, and for those who do/will be flossing, it's recommended ya floss prior to brushing your teeth. Getting rid of any food in between your teeth prior to brushing lets the tooth paste get in deeper, and is thus better for ya.

Native American Heritage Day-- NOOOOO GTFO! A mourning day is more than enough.

Saint Catherine's Day is another feast day 'bout some princess who was martyred... We JUST had Thanksgiving, GTFO!

Sinkie Day is the day to dine on those countless Thanksgiving leftovers, namely over a sink. Why over a sink? Because it's convenient. No need to grab a plate, just eat like a vicious and manner-less American, especially if you tend to use paper plates. I've certainly been known to do it; or just multitasking with plate-less food in general. I can assure you that if something interrupts my dinner, I'll be racing to the task at hand with a slab of food hanging from my still-chewing jowls... So long as it doesn't fall to pieces or make a mess on the way there, anywho. On the rare occasion I indulge in pizza, this always seems to be the case...

International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is ****ing worthless since we already have world peace day... But still.

Family Day is a grand day celebrated in many different countries/territories, such as Nevada in the US; except, it's not so great after you just dealt with said family the day prior. -_- NEVADA YOU STUPID

Suriname's Independence Day celebrates the day they obtained independence from the Netherlands in 1975. However, unlike most independence obtained, the Netherlands government thoroughly aided Suriname once they were officially independent for nigh ten years, 'till they could easily stand on their own feet. Peaceful and grudge-lacking independence? Sounds epic to me.

Joe DiMaggio was a pretty god damn beast pro baseball star. He started out playing for the SanFran Seals way back in 1932. Unfortunately, only two years later he tore multiple ligaments in his left leg and his career almost ended; but he made a grand recovery. In fact, the New York Yankees took advantage of this position and bought DiMaggio's contract for a quarter of his normal going rate while he was still unable to play at all because of the injury. The Yankees continued to have series after series under their belt alongside DiMaggio, his outfield work certainly becoming that of legend. At least, 'till the Boston Red Sux decided they wanted him even after his golden years. Just four years after the purchase, due to age and injury, DiMaggio retired and Boston got the ass deal of things yet again.

I have no favorite holiday yet again... Holidays in November are sucking (aside from Turkey Day), it seems.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Fuel from corn is bull. Causes more problems than solutions.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    orly?

I won't deny that in terms of pellet stoves that 100% true, but... what about ethanol and gasonol 'n such?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    IIRC Ethanol causes horrible pollution and deforestation.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Moreso than normal gasoline? _

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Yes, actually. Gasoline=fossilsEthanol=food Also, ethanol has deforestation involved.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ... I want to see your sources, if ya have any. -_-' Certainly ain't what I've heard over the years.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Studied it years ago. I'll be sure to check later. But just think about it. Your using food, which can feed the population, as energy for big companies.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    But just think about it. Your using food, which can feed the population
    I can't speak for the entire world, but I'd imagine there ain't exactly a corn shortage in the US. Makes 'bout 40% of the world's corn. Outside the US, I'd think that only applies to poverty-ridden countries, which aren't usually big on cars or transportation machinery regardless.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads