Thread: The Many Holidays of Every Day

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    It wasn't a reference..?

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    This used to be an epic thread
    "The Self Proclaimed King of Rhode Island"

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    March 4th coming eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    It wasn't a reference..?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by bxym View Post
    This used to be an epic thread
    What, and now it's not?! -_______- Get out

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    After writing three days outside of Mozilla specifically to avoid crashes, my PC itself crashes. Even though I saved multiple times, none of the three remain.

****ing rage quit.

March 4th coming really ****in' late because my computer is an anger-inducing whore.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    HAPPY MONDAY!

I totally lost interest in this tread :'(

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

March 4th

Courageous Followers Day
    March Forth - Do Something Day
    National Day of Unplugging
    National Grammar Day
    Old Inauguration Day
    World Day Of Prayer
    Admission Day (Vermont)
    Learn What Your Name Means Day
    Pound Cake Day

Courageous Followers Day is the day to give followers... a pat on the back?? Yeah, that's just-plain stupid. Anyone can be a damned follower, doesn't take much talent to swallow orders or merge with the crowd. Stupid holiday is stupid. GTFO!

March Forth - Do Something Day is on March 4th. Get it? Get it?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-- no.

This is the day to do something you don't normally do. Because apparently you need a once a year holiday to tell you to do somethin' new... My PC must of crashed because these holidays are bloody terrible.

National Day of Unplugging luckily doesn't complete a trio of holiday idiocy today. On this day, you don't have to literally unplug everything, but just stay away from technology as a whole from sun-up, to sun-down. In other words, you're supposed to get a life for one day if you don't yet have one. That's all fine 'n dandy, but... This holiday is for nothing more than the promotion of certain religious views. Yeeeaahhh... Do not want.

National Grammar Day is a holiday in which nobody wins. Let's face it, EVERYONE on Wiichat has improper grammar. I would of loved to destroy everyone for said shitty grammar, but... I'm guilty of it too, obviously. While it's a bit late to celebrate, in the spirit of the holiday, how 'bout y'all install spell check into your web browser if ya haven't already, yeah? ... You really should. Or else.

Old Inauguration Day celebrates the original date that the new US President (including Washington) would begin his term. This date was the norm from 1789 'till 1933 when FDR changed the date to the now-standard January 20th. There really ain't nothin' to celebrate, though... ... ...

World Day Of Prayer is the day for Christian women, and only women, to pray 'round the world. Because apparently God is happy when everyone prays en masse, and your faith-quota is filled for an entire year. GTFO!

Vermont's Admission Day celebrates the day the Green Mountain State became the 14th state in 1791. Nothin' special obviously, so here's a fun fact for ya. In French, vert mont means "Green Mountain". Pretty obvious where the state name, and the name itself, comes from.

Learn What Your Name Means Day is the day to, well... yeah. Pretty much every name has some sort of foreign roots, and therefore, a meaning. You should be able to find your name's hidden definition here. Quite a few names don't make any ****in' sense, too. Apparently I was named after a channel; as in, the water kind.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK
    ... WHAT?!?! -______-

While I'd prefer a plain-ol' cake, I've no problems with celebrating Pound Cake Day. Most people don't know that the name of this delectable dessert is actually very relevant, and very simple: one pound of all four main ingredients in cake which would be flour, eggs, butter, and sugar. Making everything a 1:1 ratio in food, particularly baking, isn't always a good idea. But my god does this food pull it off without a problem. You might of missed Pound Cake Day, but feel free to treat yourself to some anyways.

Blaaaaah damn you computer... March 5th, as well as a retro article, coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    I totally lost interest in this tread :'(
    ... Can't say I blame ya. ;_;
    Last edited by Splash_King; 03-05-2012 at 06:31 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

March 5th

Today, we've got a solid five holidays.

Absinthe Day
    Cheese Doodle Day
    Multiple Personality Day
    Casimir Pulaski Day
    Crispus Attucks Day

Odds are you haven't so much as heard of absinthe; so let me enlighten ya. Absinthe Day celebrates the spirit of the same name. I'd love to divulge in my own palate experience with the drink, but... Can't say I've ever been blessed to have any. On a more important note, absinth has been banned since before Prohibition because of all the world wide anti-booze talk of the temperance movement. Even after the repeal, absinthe was still being unfairly criticized of being akin to drugs because of the very small amount of thujone in it; scientists believed it was what caused the psychoactive shit absinthe was well known for. Not that it caused ridiculous trips anyways, that's just a bunch of temperance-hater bullshit.

Cheese Doodle Day celebrates that very unhealthy but very popular "cheese" snack; can't say I understand what all the stupid hubub 'bout 'em are, since I don't like 'em... Though, I'd say the crunchy Cheetos are good. If ya've got a deep fryer (you lucky fat bastard, you :P), you should make it a goal to make your own homemade cheese doodles. As a general rule of thumb, anything homemade properly is a thousand times better than mass-produced, preservative-filled garbage.

Multiple Personality Day is just as confusing as handling a multiple-personality disorder. Who the **** made a holiday out of this? And why, even? ... Hard to have a holiday acknowledged if you don't know if it's for awareness or celebration. -_-;

Casimir Pulaski Day celebrates the Polish dude of the same name for his services in the American Revolution. He was originally from a Polish family of nobility; one of many that fought against Russia to keep the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth against the communist bastards in the 18th century. Unfortunately, the uprising failed and he fled to the US to become a simple soldier. During his time as a soldier, he actually saved George Washington's forces from total annihilation, and likewise, Washington's life.

Washington is known for failing miserably for the first half of the American Revolution. He was being forced to retreat as was unfortunately normal, when the Brits started setting up to cut off their escape route in secret. Since other important generals in the battle were busy keeping the enemy busy or guiding the line of retreat, Pulaski was authorized to take whatever straggling soldiers he could find to fight off the counter-retreat tactics being employed. He was successful, and made a brigadier general for both his bravery and key tactics in preventing the retreat from being an absolute failure. He continued to do many grand endeavors, particularly training countless US soldiers; notably for the role of cavalry; as well as helping in numerous key battles of the revolution. He died as a true war hero on the battlefield, wounded mortally by a cannon's grapeshot. Ain't much better to choose from, so I might as well honor this revolutionist with my holiday pick of the day.

Crispus Attucks Day honors the man of the same name, who was the first shot dead during the Boston Massacre of 1770. While it's unknown whether this guy was a runaway slave or a free man at the time, he was one of the posthumous poster boys for this pointless day of death. "First to defy, first to die."

Retro-post coming eventually.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I think my grammar is just fine, actually.

My name seems to mean advising ruler or king. How appropriate.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Oblivion, Smash 3DS, Parry Souls 2.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Apparently I was named after a channel; as in, the water kind.

Maybe that explains your affinity with karp?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    December 28th is up. No CPU crashes, fantastic. SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I think my grammar is just fine, actually.
    So is mine. But "fine" is still improper; I'm talkin' 'bout perfect grammar. Nobody ****in' has it unless they're some English teacher at a prestigious college or some shit like that. My point was, proper English is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    My name seems to mean advising ruler or king. How appropriate.
    ego +5

Quote Originally Posted by Zanapher View Post
    Maybe that explains your affinity with karp?
    By god, you're right! It was destiny I was to receive my name. I now know my purpose in LIFE! =DDDDDD

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads