Thread: The Many Holidays of Every Day

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I've never encountered someone over 200 years on the internet.
    ... ... ... The internet's been in existence for 200 years?!

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    AND the interwebz has existed for 200 years? The surprises just keep on coming.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    AND the interwebz has existed for 200 years? The surprises just keep on coming.
    This thread is making amazing discoveries that may very well revolutionize the way we perceive history... Impeccable.

And everyone has me to thank for it.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129

October 20th

We've got a huge 9 holidays today.

Information Overload Awareness Day (indeed)
    Birth of the Bab
    Get Smart About Credit Day
    International Credit Union Day
    Miss American Rose Day
    Simchat Torah
    Revolution Day (Guatemala)
    Bela Lugosi's Birthday
    Mickey Mantle's Birthday

I would of thought Information Overload Awareness Day was something about schools teaching too much (lolyeahright), but I was completely off. IOA Day is actually important in that it brings awareness to the distress of "knowledge workers" from agencies that have the desk job of organizing and going through various information via computer; namely e-mails. It's a waste of time for these workers, and ridiculously enough, a huge waste of money.
    "58 percent of government workers spend half the workday filing, deleting, or sorting information, at an annual cost of almost $31 billion dollars."
    ... Yeah. Who would of thought stupid ramblings and spam costs $31 billion, much of that coming out of tax payers' wallets, I'm sure. Information Overload is surprisingly serious business.

The Birth of the Bab is a Holy Day of the Bahá'í religious faith; which unfortunately, I've absolutely never heard of. I won't talk out of my ass, so read this instead.

Get Smart About Credit Day is easily the most important awareness holiday we've had yet; yes, I'm being serious. Because of what little knowledge idiotic young adults and morons in general, as well as greed and lack of foresight (America in particular...), the economy is where it is now due in part of this. Foreclosure, unrepaid debt, bankruptcy, etc. creates havoc on the economy. Combined with whatever other money-related struggles in the world, this has created the hellish situation we're all in. Countries are going into unrepayable debt (America's already been in debt before all this -_-), unemployment rates are skyrocketing, etc. If you don't know anything about credit and you're of eligible age to get one, LEARN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! srsly. If I had to decide on a holiday pick of the year right now, this is a damn good candidate for a damn good reason. But that'd be stupid, so this is instead, without a doubt, my holiday pick of the day.

International Credit Union Day is another economic-related awareness day, but instead of spreading awareness of issues it promotes corporations intended to stimulate the economy and societies. For those who don't know what a Credit Union is and don't feel like reading 100 paragraphs on top of what I'm posting, they're essentially the same as banks. But, they don't crank out a huge profit in order to make one filthy-greedy rich man richer, and use their surplus revenue instead to better their services. Since credit unions usually aren't backstabbing "shoulda read the fine print" corporations, loan sharks, so on and so forth they're certainly something good to spread word about.

Miss American Rose Day is "respect women day", except even more selective and unnecessary. I believe days in honor of a specific ethnicity or in this case, gender, are just rectifying prejudice boundaries even more. Racist and sexist pricks aren't going to care what your minority or majority has accomplished, being a hater means to hate without good reason. These days promote and fill mankind with self-prejudice pride, and do nothing to stop opposing prejudice. But, I'll leave it at that before I go on a huge civil rights-related tangent...

Simchat Torah, or Simḥath Torah (Rejoicing of the Torah), ties in with the previously mentioned Shemini Atzeret, and is another Jewish holiday... If I keep talking about religious holidays (I know next to nothing of Judaism...), I'm gonna start talking out of my ass and insulting said faiths. So here ya go, if you're interested.

Guatemala's Revolution Day celebrates the democratic revolution of 1944, in which their dictator Jorge Ubico y Castaneda was overthrown via peaceful measures; although he certainly did respond with blood at first. The first protesters against his dictatorship were massacred, as well as other unfortunate souls such as a well known reporter. Each incident, no matter how big or small, fueled the fire. The iron fist he used to try and quell the uprising only lead to his obvious loss once free elections were instated in Guatemala. A day to celebrate the birth of democracy, and the end of tyranny, is a damn good excuse to party I can agree with.

Bela Lugosi was a famous Hungarian actor famous for the many horror films and plays he starred in; Dracula probably being the most well known.

Mickey Mantle is one of the countless New York Yankees players that are legendary among fans and haters of the Yankees alike. There's no denying he was a boss at his sport of choice; 'less you're about as stupid as those rabid eight year old 360 fanboys.

... I wonder if we've got any legitimate but 99% likely to be vague estimates for when the economy of the world as a whole becomes bearable again.

EDIT: ****, anyone who read through this wall of tl;dr gets my respect. This is the biggest post of the thread yet, I think.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Love, Peace, and Comfort! The_Man's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Women around the world would be mad at you

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man View Post
    Women around the world would be mad at you
    Then they'd be either hypocrites, or think the world revolves around them personally/as a woman. And thus I wouldn't care.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Also, you calling me stupid boy

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK
    Fuck! Motherfucking shit! Do you fucking know how fucking stupid you are? SHIT! FUCK!
    Yes, yes I am.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Wow Just Wow I cant comprehend that

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Fuck! Motherfucking shit! Do you fucking know how fucking stupid you are? SHIT! FUCK!
    Wow SSBfreak. I never knew you had such terrible control of fowl language.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Ads