Thread: Saltiness in Multiplayer

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Short cut.

I like to say that a lot of my games can be replayed.
    I still haven't done all of the epic Dragonforce on Saturn

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    8239-2320-0386-0086
    Remember though that some games absolutely don't need any kind of multi player in them that's what I'm getting at. The producers add it in as some sort of gimmick which hasn't been thought out properly. And it's growing since online demand is high.

Currently Playing: SSBB ( Online )

''TO GAIN SOMETHING, SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE MUST BE LOST THAT IS ALCHEMY's FIRST RULE OF EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE''

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Talentz View Post
    The producers add it in as some sort of gimmick which hasn't been thought out properly. And it's growing since online demand is high.
    It's no exaggeration that multiplayer sells games, but to say all multiplayer in games is shit, particularly online multiplayer, is just blasphemy. My favorite game for giving examples of my points, Red Dead Redemption, fits the bill here. The multiplayer is built from the ground up and is a highly varied experience with many different methods of enjoying said multiplayer. It's not just the single player game turned co-op or taking all the generic stuff in single player and making it multiplayer, Rockstar put serious effort and development into the multiplayer of the game. Unlike shit from Treyarch and other such companies producing multiplayer where all they do is take single player everything and pit other players against each other in it.

Multiplayer is often poor and is only carried by the fact that everything is more fun with friends, but that doesn't mean all multiplayer game modes ain't fun in their own right.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Unlike shit from Treyarch and other such companies producing multiplayer where all they do is take single player everything and pit other players against each other in it.
    That's genius!
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5839-7740-6663-0323
    This is the time where people complain about games that have no single player and just multilayer like f2p fps games like uhhh idk combat arms, BFP4F, A.V.A, counter strike, Fear Combat, and it just keeps going on and on.

htt
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ya know what also makes me salty? KDR faggots.

For those who don't know, a "KDR faggot" is someone who disregards whatever game mode they're playing and instead focuses on getting kills in whatever way possible, while also staying completely out of harms way. This only matters in team modes; like that one flag cap mode in MW2, or Grab the Bag in Red Dead. What's so wrong with someone getting 20 kills and no deaths, you ask? Not playing to the objective.

When respawns aren't horribly slow like in say TF2, KDR matters very little. You need to play to the objective, or you're either not helping your team enough, or weighing them down since you're taking up a team slot that could be someone actually helpful. For example, a few days ago I went 60 and a low amount of deaths, 3 or 4. I've never seen a score that high in Red Dead for a team game mode. That's just absurdly good.

But, my team lost. I was busy holding down the objective and murdering son'sabitches like a one man army, but the rest of my team is ****ing around not helping me take the objective. As a result, I eventually lost my position and they took the objective with ease since my team mates were nowhere around to defend it. They proceeded to come back from a 2-0 deficit (those two points were my doing too =/). This is an example of KDR not mattering, and how important it is to play to the objective in team modes.

Too many people have the mindset that "no way, I'm not gonna play to the objective... that means I get killed more=("; YOU'RE PLAYING A ****ING SHOOTING GAME, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE AT SOME POINT! >=( If you want to play with a KDR mindset, stick to free for alls damnit...

/rant
    hybrid -x1 likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520

It's that time of the year again....
    Between the mic-spam and seemingly overpowered defense, I remember why I hate the holidays.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    seemingly overpowered defense
    Needz moar large-scaled competitive multiplayer games that makes offense more rewarding than camping.

... Fat chance.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ive gotten salty over online gaming as a whole... Your always gonna have hosts that rage quit. Particularly what irks me is that I enjoy fighting games. Things like SC4, all the DBZ's, Mortal Kombat of every variation, things like that. Games on which you can unlock acheivements CHEIFLY on defeating opponents in online battles. What makes me salty you ask... Is when you are playing people who, when you get right down to the edge of defeating them, rage quit, and it stops the match. Means no victory for you, no defeat for the other player, and just time wasted and money for paying for online is wasted. Its completely ridiculous... It irks me to no end. It actually drove me to quit playing online, just because of people like that.

Ughhhh.... Honestly.... I dont do the angry gaming thing, I just completely resent stupid people, annoying people, and sissy people... And the online communities are filled with a broadly spread amalgumation of all three...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    money for paying for online is wasted.
    And that, is why the 360 is balls-terrible. /stillahater

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Ughhhh.... Honestly.... I dont do the angry gaming thing, I just completely resent stupid people, annoying people, and sissy people... And the online communities are filled with a broadly spread amalgumation of all three...
    Well, online communities are a culmination of every type of person in the world, including how often said types of people appear. An accurate representation of IRL is what online communities are, lol.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads