Thread: Saltiness in Multiplayer

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    NECRO-DOUBLE POST YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ya know what else makes me salty? Game breaking gamers.

Yeah, it's true, games are just too complex these days to be even close to perfect. There will always be exploits, and always a more efficient gaming style that is very different, or even the exact opposite, of what the developers intended. For example of such game-winning playstyles, Assassin's Creed; both Brotherhood, and Revelations.

The game mode Manhunt intends for you to stealthily sneak about to get kills when you're on the offense, and for you and your team mates to hide together on the defense. Not only is there strength in numbers, you also get rewarded with quite a few extra points when hiding the more of your team mates that are hiding close by.

However, the best way to score high when on the defense is to literally rush at the team on the offense, and attempt to "stun" the shit out of them (stunning the enemy on the offense gets you a lot of points and possible bonus points as well). Thanks to the death streak perk "Boost Cooldowns", you get your two abilities of choice back as soon as you respawn after death for the entire match afterwards. Two stuns alone often easily scores higher than a single kill from the opponent; when done with basic skill, these two abilities will get you at least two stuns each every time you respawn. When done flawlessly, you'll get four stuns, and then run away without even being killed. Two stuns is almost always worth more than an enemy's kill. Any more and it definitely is. So basically, Boost Cooldowns is not only a broken perk, but also allows you to play the game in a way that should NOT exist.

If your entire team is behind you with this bullshit "best defense is a good offense" strategy, you can lock your opponents into a never-ending chain of stuns. They will get one poor, low scoring kill per every two or even three stuns your team gets. The person on the defense who dies attempting to stun everyone rushes back over to the mosh pit of stuns, and replaces the next person to die endlessly until the round is over.

... Yeah, I don't think the developers intended the game to work like that. This exists in both Brotherhood and Revelations; they tried fixing it when developing Revelations' multiplayer, but to no avail. People still got around the safe guard to prevent infinite stuns.

Gamers who play with strategies like these; solely to win, at the expense of everyone else's fun and even their own; make me salty. It's just not as fun as playing normally.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    In TF2, that mostly means Dr Enforcicle users, phlog pyros, and hoovy.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ya know what else makes me salty? Salty gamers that act extra salty.

In online games where there's a lot of freedom (i.e. sandbox modes), there will often be someone who just can't live down a loss, be it because they feel like they got cheated or because they're sore losers. They will stalk you, and will attempt to **** with you.

For example, in Red Dead's Free Roam, you can begin a sort of "king of the hill" game mode in quite a few locations, which will invite all players in the lobby to quick travel to you. The objective of the game is obviously to try to take the place the other player/team has claimed. Some random 5th prestiger (the highest in Red Dead) started one of these games, and I traveled over. I proceeded to destroy 'em and hold the place with ease from him and anyone else until I won.

When I decided to leave and do other Free Roam stuff after that, the guy followed me wherever I went, determined to troll me. Including to places where if you aren't alone, you're supposed to cooperate to meet the objective and likewise you can't auto-target other players. Instead of killing the enemies, Sir Sodium tries to kill me. Didn't take too long for him to leave in frustration in that I proceeded to destroy him again even without auto-aim on, but he wasted a good 10 minutes of my time in the process. Definitely an inconvenience.

... And yes, I could of just left to another lobby, but I refuse to give trolls that satisfaction. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I'm always apalled by those admins in trade servers that strictly enforce the price of what you want to sell/buy. If I want to sell something at the current buying price they threaten me to sell it lower because "scamming" is not allowed. That isn't scamming, it's an economy functioning. Unless I'm lying to someone, it's not scamming. Someone wanted to buy a weapon off me. They offered me a hat before I could respond. I accepted. The end. But no, the admin complains that he could get me banned in every trading servers because I'm "scamming".
    Last edited by WiiAssasin; 05-02-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    There's damn-well a big difference between scamming, and making a profit/getting yourself into a not-so-optimal deal. I would be appalled if 'mons trading was monitored by anyone or any system...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Why is it always the 12 year olds that mostly use mics? Why? Half the players were complaining about sharp pains in their ears rather than focusing on hats. Sure you can mute, but it shouldn't be the victims that must pay.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ^ The fate of every bloody multiplayer game, these days...

All the whiny lil' runts make those who've actually hit puberty not want to engage in any talkin', and before long, they stand alone loud and clear, dominating any and all voice chat. dis also makes me salty

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    People that pick Ryu or Ken in a new fighting game.

Come on guys its been 25 years they are not the only ones on the roster
    hybrid -x1 likes this.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ya know what really makes me salty? Bein' penalized for leaving a game no matter the conditions.

In Mario Kart Wii, whenever you quit a game early, you'll lose as much rating as if you came in last place. When hackers are abound, you have t' play the game through 'n hope you don't become subject to their douchebaggery. For players who take their Versus Rating srsly and are highly competitive gamers, a hacker could drop their VR by a good 300 in a single match. I used to be slightly moar competitive over MKW, so when a hacker did show up, I was irked somethin' good. Sometimes quittin' a game isn't somethin' to be frowned on.

... Though, this is quite the lame complaint. Might make me salty at times, but it's better than early quits not bein' punished at all.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    highly competitive

MKW
    wat?

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads