The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I like how you avoid my questions.
    OHOH! I could say the same to you on many occasions, my good sir.

I also thought that gang violence question was rhetorical. :P

You know what isn't a good example? Those hollywood movies you're getting the gang-ruled apocalypse theory from.
    My prediction, however, is backed up by every civilization that's faced a catastrophe.
    I've said it many a time when you weren't an active member, so I don't blame you for not knowing I hate movies with a passion; 'cept classics. And I hardly deem B-list apocalypse movies as classics. I base what I'm saying on what I know of the human psyche of civilians, criminals, and of course, speculation as a whole.

Your prediction is "backed up" by disasters that happened in a time far too different from the modern day, and/or catastrophes that don't hold a candle to nuking the entire world. I would say the only one you could barely compare in terms of the scale would be the bubonic plague, but those have nothing in common other than a huge amount of deaths.

Oh, and the Holocaust too, but it's pretty hard to compare massive genocide in pseudo-secrecy to blatant nuclear world's end in anything else but, again, death count.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post

Your prediction is "backed up" by disasters that happened in a time far too different from the modern day, and/or catastrophes that don't hold a candle to nuking the entire world. I would say the only one you could barely compare in terms of the scale would be the bubonic plague, but those have nothing in common other than a huge amount of deaths.

Oh, and the Holocaust too, but it's pretty hard to compare massive genocide in pseudo-secrecy to blatant nuclear world's end in anything else but, again, death count.
    World wide death = reduced population.
    Gangs only thrive when there is a high population in places such as cities or high drug usage.
    Therefore: Reduced population = Less gang activity.

You're argument is invalid.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Gangs only thrive when there is a high population in places such as cities or high drug usage.
    Therefore: Reduced population = Less gang activity.
    Gangs "thrive" in cities with high population density because that's where they get their money from. I've already said money is invalid since they already have all the weapons they need once an apocalypse starts. It's not hard for them to turn to a slash 'n burn strategy with all the weaponry they have either, pillaging as they move from place to place. Your argument is invalid since you're implying gangs are parasites that simply can't exist without a city to feed off of.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Gangs "thrive" in cities with high population density because that's where they get their money from. I've already said money is invalid since they already have all the weapons they need once an apocalypse starts. It's not hard for them to turn to a slash 'n burn strategy with all the weaponry they have either, pillaging as they move from place to place. Your argument is invalid since you're implying gangs are parasites that simply can't exist without a city to feed off of.
    And these weapons you speak of. I'm sure you know where they came from? The gov.

A slash and burn strategy.... yes, it makes perfect sense that they burn their potential main source of food!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    And these weapons you speak of. I'm sure you know where they came from? The gov.
    Doesn't matter where weapons come from if they already have them. You should stop beating around the bush with these dull points; or, come up with better ones if they aren't unintentional time wasters. :P

A slash and burn strategy.... yes, it makes perfect sense that they burn their potential main source of food!
    A fool's grain of salt is the expression taken literally.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Love, Peace, and Comfort! The_Man's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Clap on the back for writing this much

Brawl 2192 8924 8771

Goldeneye 368263462467

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Doesn't matter where weapons come from if they already have them. You should stop beating around the bush with these dull points; or, come up with better ones if they aren't unintentional time wasters. :P
    Obviously they'll have weapons.
    The important point is: Who else will have weapons? Who else has better military experience that is actually part of the national military that will enforce order?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man View Post
    Clap on the back for writing this much
    You ain't know me long enough, bro.

Obviously they'll have weapons.
    The important point is: Who else will have weapons? Who else has better military experience that is actually part of the national military that will enforce order?
    Which brings me back to my point that the military will either be selectively protecting their own kin and officials, as well as the more important fact that military bases and such will definitely be targeted by the nukes. Many militia will be dead, and if they'l be alive they might be weaponless and especially left without communication. In this situation, I fear a nation of criminals' numbers and average weaponry isn't going to be stopped by a military force(s) on the defensive. What military force a country will have left is gonna guard areas to make safe havens; if they exist anymore. They can't run about stopping crime and spreading thin their already decimated troops.

In this retrospect, since the top dogs of all countries are doing nothing but bunking down and protecting themselves, gangs are free to do what they want (except in Texas), if those countries have gangs.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Which brings me back to my point that the military will either be selectively protecting their own kin and officials, as well as the more important fact that military bases and such will definitely be targeted by the nukes. Many militia will be dead, and if they'l be alive they might be weaponless and especially left without communication. In this situation, I fear a nation of criminals' numbers and average weaponry isn't going to be stopped by a military force(s) on the defensive. What military force a country will have left is gonna guard areas to make safe havens; if they exist anymore. They can't run about stopping crime and spreading thin their already decimated troops.

In this retrospect, since the top dogs of all countries are doing nothing but bunking down and protecting themselves, gangs are free to do what they want (except in Texas), if those countries have gangs.
    Then tell, what is so important to guard that the protectors of nations refuse to do their job?

And what about the general public?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Then tell, what is so important to guard that the protectors of nations refuse to do their job?

And what about the general public?
    "**** the general public" is going to be the opinion of 99% of all the worthless politicians we've got, IMO. They'l change the job of the military from protecting the country to protecting the higher ups of a country, and have anyone shot in the back by their brothers in arms if they have the moral sense to give a big **** you to said politicians. Figuratively speaking, anywho.

I'd certainly say this is the weakest part of my theory on modern civilization after a nuclear apocalypse, honestly... If there's anyone with firearms as a part of their life that wouldn't stand for such selfish abandon, it'd probably be idealistic army men who sure as shit don't fight like militia dogs for their employers whom leash them in the first place. At the same time, you need to wonder if there'd be anything they could do to rebel since transportation is going to be limited to whatever isn't fried by EMPs.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads