Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052

Child Arrested for Opening Christmas Present Early

Credit: Ign.com

December 5, 2006 - In a shocking display of parenting prowess, a Rock Hill, S.C. woman reportedly called police and had them arrest her son after he was caught opening a Christmas present early. After receiving the call, police arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.

The Rock Hill Herald reported that the child's great-grandmother had warned him repeatedly about opening his present early, protestations that he apparently ignored. The present in question was a Game Boy Advance.

"He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.

When the boy's mother found the package lying unwrapped and empty under the tree, she immediately approached the child, who proceeded to lie to her. After threatening him with calling the police, the boy apparently returned the toy to his begrudging mother, who then called the police anyway. Although he was not jailed, the two officers responding to the call did charge him with petty larceny.

The boy's mother told the Herald that she had reached the end of her rope with the child, and no longer knew what else to do with him. She claimed that she has been struggling with his constant behavior problems for a while now, and could no longer handle his misconduct.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

According to the boy's mother, he had already been caught shoplifting, stealing money from her, and punching a police officer. She told the Rock Hill Herald that she hopes this arrest will put a stop to his errant ways, because she is worried about his safety. The newspaper reported that the mother plans on having her son placed in the custody of the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Colombia at his court appearance.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Poor Kid, didn't even get a DS lol

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I wouldn't have believed this at first, but I saw it on IGN, then again this morning on a local news radio show. That's pretty crazy.

Member #
    Friends
    I think the kid deserves it. His mom only did it to teach the kid a lesson and if the guy doesnt have enough patience to open his presents at christmas then he obviously is very selfish. Even his grandma had to tell him not to open .

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    this is why parents should beat their kids. when i was bad i got the belt across my bare butt. PARENTS! SPANK YOUR KIDS!

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Yup. just not in public lol.

but still, that was a bit harsh

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    this is why parents should beat their kids. when i was bad i got the belt across my bare butt. PARENTS! SPANK YOUR KIDS!

You think that's bad? Try growing up in a Puerto Rican household. I've been beat down with sandles, extension cords, metal hangers, pretty much anything they can get their hands on...

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    You think that's bad? Try growing up in a Puerto Rican household. I've been beat down with sandles, extension cords, metal hangers, pretty much anything they can get their hands on...
    LOL. damn. an extension cord would hurt like HELL! my friends parents used pool ques and ping pong paddles

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    The mother's too young to know any good herself, no wonder the kid is the way he is. If this is even a valid article...
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I got rose limbs, leather belts, chairs sometimes, a telephone wire...and other various things slapped on me whenever I did bad things. Parents these days are patheticly easy to plow over.

Ads