LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 397 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3967
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazmaLink View Post
    Finally beat my first generation 1 Pokemon game, Yellow. I enjoyed it but it lacked the deep bounty of numbers and equations that make Pokemon great. I'm exited to pick up Emerald since the new EV/IV formula is employed and breeding is present. After the Elite 4 I can find little else to do besides repeatedly run through it again to gain Exp. and Stat Exp. Besides that, the game was fun and I'm glad I got to find the roots of my favorite franchise.P.S. I missed the B button when my 'karp was evolving. I'll never forgive myself.
    You must be destroyed.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Finally beat my first generation 1 Pokemon game, Yellow. I enjoyed it but it lacked the deep bounty of numbers and equations that make Pokemon great. I'm exited to pick up Emerald since the new EV/IV formula is employed and breeding is present. After the Elite 4 I can find little else to do besides repeatedly run through it again to gain Exp. and Stat Exp. Besides that, the game was fun and I'm glad I got to find the roots of my favorite franchise.

P.S. I missed the B button when my 'karp was evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Buster Wolf. Your argument is invalid.
    Do I smell the ocean? No, wait... that's just your copious amounts of salt.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    It's insane how many poor sports are on Team Battle as'a late... not that I'd expect anythin' less from a game that's been online for more than two years.

Also, item shenanigans. So much lulz @ Warp Star.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The random stupidity that exemplifies TF2 is strongly present in Chivalry, minus the excessive communication from underage gamers. It makes the game fun.

Got KOS-MOS into my party. Still no Megaman.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    The random stupidity that exemplifies TF2 is strongly present in Chivalry, minus the excessive communication from underage gamers. It makes the game fun.
    Bar the Friendly Fire. A necessary but depressing evil.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The friendly fire's fine. Vote kicking teaches players to be careful right off the bat. I learned not to use swings while grouped with the friendlies, but I still end up whacking someone with overheads every now and then. It's even better when enemies kill each other while attacking you.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    The only real issue with friendly fire is that some players never learn t' be careful with large weapons.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Okay I'd like to take a minute and point out how re-****ing-diculous the trials are in KOFXIII.

You're appointed a sparing partner and you're given a set of commands to input. Input them correctly, and Takuma won't block them, and you pass the trial. There are ten for each character. What it doesn't tell you is the copious amounts of bullshit there is in in completing these inputs you're given.
    So, Lv.1 Iori. I'm given a simple three-step input command. LP, HP, and then his claw attack to finish it out. Cancels work stupidly in KOFXIII, because nearly everything you're given in the trials works under the assumption that the .0000005 second window you're given to input a command in the span of another move's cancel range is fair. So these simple attacks, close-ranged low punch into high punch are blocked unless you time them perfectly, which, and I'm a fair fighting genre vet, I can fare well in most games, but this is just ridiculous.

You're given a demo of each trial, and just watching the Lv.1 demo is kind of embarrassing, but watching some of the later ones is absolutely ludicrous. I'm sure they're on Youtube, go check them out. Try looking for Ash's, they're particularly retarded since a great many of his specials are hold commands and his trials give little leeway to open timing for the part of it you need to hold before executing the attack.

As for the rest of the game, so far it's not too bad. The final boss has an obscene repertoire of invincibility-framed specials and has a grab range the size of Fort Knox but whatever, you get used to him over time. He doesn't seem to block high very well and hardly ever guards his legs but the second you get anywhere near close, even offensively, he counters with some oozing grab attack that holds you still for a moment, and his projectiles can't be canceled out by other projectiles, they go right through them and into you.

The arcade mode is a nuisance actually, as far as the cutscenes go. You're shown a scene, with slow SNK-esque musics playing in the background. There are characters, and they're speaking, but you can't hear anything, and there's no flavor text. No text at all. And these scenes are all of conversations so.... okay? I could understand if they were rehashed scenes from the story mode, but the scenes used in arcade that show up in story do the same thing. I don't know if there's some clever way of unlocking some dialogue, but I think if there were SNK overplayed they're hand on it with the rest of the BS you're given outright after buying the game.

Not that SNK's been particularly good with storylines in the past, KOFXII had pretty much no story at all. People who play the KOF/FF series play for the gameplay, not so much the story of lack thereof. You tend to pick up bits and pieces over time of relationships between nemesis, rivals, enemies and goals but it's never presented in a very clear fashion. My gripe here is the fact that it SEEMS as though SNK's finally trying to piece the story between each team, it's members and Ash's organization, the Bernstein's, etc but don't even give you anything to read about. Kay, thanks. I love watching people lip sync to silence for 60 seconds.

But some of the advanced mechanics... I may be falling out of touch with the genre or something, because I remember having similar trouble with Street Fighter IV, but for Christ's sake, seriously? My thumb-fu is not inhuman, I can't keep up with this ludicrousness.
    Last edited by Fox; 09-14-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    GGs to Dirgeyditto. i r gettin bettr amirite

... Or was that just pure luck.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Oh, 10 kill streak. I should use the messer more often.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads