LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 417 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 4165
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I even had my own personal purely cosmetic elitist armor set. You know what I mean. All for flaunting and showing off my pure skillz without relying on stats. Black colored guild bard lobos (cowboy pimp hat with a feather), sexy white soulhunter jacket, black deviljho leather pants, and the black harvest.

I can't wait for MH4.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I've heard time and again that Monster Hunter's multiplayer is a half 'bout huntin' monsters, half showin' off the spoils of hunts.

... So, Monster Hunter multiplayer is akin to CoD multiplayer and golden guns.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Reinstalling Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    I've heard time and again that Monster Hunter's multiplayer is a half 'bout huntin' monsters, half showin' off the spoils of hunts.

... So, Monster Hunter multiplayer is akin to CoD multiplayer and golden guns.
    Not. At. All. Virtually every mmo has rare loot, same with dungeon crawlers like Diablo and such. It's slightly more akin to those.

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I just battled some Showdown noob who kept rambling about Yellow from the Pokemon manga for no apparent reason.

Yellow is quite naive, and acts very much like a little child. She hates it when Pokémon are injured, hers or her opponent's, and has developed a style of battle in which neither her nor her opponent's Pokémon are hurt unless it is absolutely necessary.
    It was rather odd.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Not. At. All. Virtually every mmo has rare loot, same with dungeon crawlers like Diablo and such. It's slightly more akin to those.
    im well aware just trollin lawl. T'is how it is for every modern multiplayer game. Be it rare 'n powerful loot or pointless cosmetic changes that're a right-pain t' unlock, gamers will flash their e-bling in whatever way they can. Best example I know from experience is how prestiged AC players will almost-never equip personas with anythin' but the absurdly expensive Champion costumes, even if they don't really like 'em. Sole purpose for this is 'cause they're impossible t' afford with in-game currency 'til you've clocked... I'd say 100~ hours. Of winning. A blatant sign to anyone that you've played the game for too long; and thus a symbol of pride.

Speakin' of vidya gaem time-sinks, the monsters really do get cooler as ya go. The Brachydios certainly has an interestin' design, the Zinogre is quite cool, and the Agnaktor is particularly pawsome IMO. The latter was one hell of a fight, that's for sure. Deep regrets bringin' out the ice hammer for that hunt. I also paid dearly for skippin' the low rank mission that had ya huntin' one. T'is how I learned you only get two continues per hunt...

Oh, and I finally got my hands on a Rank 6 Longsword. Had t' amputate a few Sand Barioth tails for it, and in an attempt t' to avoid it's whirlyspintornadoglideofdeath attack, I created an amazing new technique no hunter has ever seen the likes of. I dub it, the Panic Dive.

... ... ... I really hope I ain't still in the dark of any other important controls like that.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    ... ... ... I really hope I ain't still in the dark of any other important controls like that.
    There's the weapon class moves. If you're using a GS and not doing lvl 3 charges you're doing wrong. Hammer should whack a monsters head to knock it out. Lances should use counters frequently. The most effective bowgun users in Tri used cluster shots, but you could mix and match the guns components in that.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Didn't know 'bout any Lance counter... probably since I avoided 'em 'cause blocking is for scrubs skilled hunters. Do Gunlances get it too, or is that what vLances have over 'em?

Was huntin' a Gobul. Apparently the bastard can paralyze ya with it's spines in High Rank... after learnin' the hard way I had t' retreat for some heals. Turned around to instead find a Royal Ludroth starin' me down at point blank. ;_; After I hunted that asshole down (and later learned what the "free hunt" bonus is for as a result), I came back for the Gobul. And it was walking about on land.

so very onixpected

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    A bit of Call of Pripyat. There's moments in the Stalker games that can't be replicated.

In the middle of the night, I wandered into a minefield to get access to some abandoned equipment. I received some damage to my armor from a mine that went off, but lived. Upon getting what I came for, I noticed some red columns in the far distance. There were also explosions heard. Row by row, the columns of fire kept appearing closer. Turns out a pack of about 2 dozen mutant animals composed of ones I've never seen before were charging my way, activating mines in their stampede. They just kept coming. They were easily swarming me and my firepower wasn't enough, so I took an energy drink and ran outta there, hitting more mines. I was bleeding out and my armor level was virtually gone. I just spammed the health-kit button and bandaged myself until I made it back to the Stalker base.

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Nothing fills my heart with rainbows like seeing an opposing UU team with no spinner.

Unless said spinner is Hitmontop. I might as well be immune to Hitmontop.

I've been doing pretty well, winning most of the battles today. It's amusing watching Gligar take down a Rhyperior with bloody Aerial Ace, courtesy of Knock Off removing its Leftovers.

The team's main issue might be relying on Snorlax too much to take on Fire-types, Ice-types, set up sweepers, etc. It and Roserade are literally the only things I have that can take bulky special attackers, and Roserade has a lot of weaknesses, so I better hope Snorlax doesn't go down to Zapdos or somefin. I still have an immense weakness to Scrafty, as well.

The team is:

Spoiler Alert!

I might wanna take some physical defense EV's from Roserade and put them into Sp. Defense, although I do enjoy having some extra physical bulk on her. Psyshock on Porygon-Z generally doesn't see use (it was mostly for killing Heracross easier but I have Gligar now), so I might replace it with Thunderbolt or something. I don't wanna use HP fighting like Smogon recommends because I find HP Fighting pretty meh on Porygon-Z. Sure, it hits steel and rock types harder, but the rest of my team handles those extremely well as it is.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 10-07-2013 at 02:03 AM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Hunted some Quropeco on this one quest that had the objective as "surivive 'til time's up" rather than "kill (monster[s]) to win". Was expectin' a Deviljho or three, but was disappointed when t'was just a Rathian. And apparently five Quropeco for some reason. i dont even

... I killed the last one literally two seconds after time was up, as the bastard flew back 'n forth across five areas in the last two minutes'a the hunt, none the less most'a the transitions havin' him traveling across half the bloody island. ¬_¬ Was disappoint I missed cuttin' it up for some extra carves.

But my disappointment was quickly Splashed away when I got a Ruby for Free Huntin' that Rathian. One less rare carve I need t' grind later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    It's amusing watching Gligar take down a Rhyperior with bloody Aerial Ace, courtesy of Knock Off removing its Leftovers.
    ... How many turns did that take? ._.;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads