LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 398 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3971
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Vampirism finally makes sense now thanks to Better Vampires. Rather than becoming stronger due to starvation, the player needs to feed more often for power. Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7A5Rrf_f08. A few other additional perks are in there. Should be a fun experience.
    Last edited by WiiAssasin; 12-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    ****in' tentacles, man... Hate 'em with a passion. Even when I've my walkin' cane equipped, and I'm walkin' on a road, swamps make me unbearably paranoid. I don't even travel through the biome anymore, the only reason I would ever visit one is t' get Reeds. Which has gotten me tentacle'd before... ... ... Playin' as Wickerbottom is gonna be the death of me. Literally. Multiple times.

I'm sure I'll also have a heart attack upon seein' the giant tentacles found in caves.

I feel MacTusk ain't worth much worry unless he either catches ya off guard and unprepared, or you're tryin' to hunt him while he's near his igloo. 'Cause then you've an endless swarm of hounds to deal with... speakin' of, I nearly died once when I hunted down a MacTusk (needed me a stylish hat) and, unbeknownst to me, THREE igloo were right near by. ;_; After I killed 'em and a million hounds, another bloody MacTusk showed up. Ran away right-quickly 'fore his hounds went after me.
    Tentacles don't bother me as much knowing that if I keep moving I'll be fine. Recovering the spoils from a Merm/Spider and Tentacle fight is extremely risky though but it's decent once you get used to it. As for the reason I hate fighting the MacTusk family it's because the hounds are melee, I suck at kiting and MacTusk shooting darts is incredibly annoying. Also I can't manage health 99.9% of the time I need it.

So I had a bash at Adventure mode today, made it to Darkness (chapter 5) and quickly found out that there was literally no food drops, ever. So I struggled my way through the world for 2 or 3 laps finding all the parts of the teleportato only to find out that The Thing was through a Marble Biome and I had to make it through with an 8% log suit and 21 health. Needless to say 2 bishops quickly ended that run. I was so close too so I've just put the game down for now. Extremely frustrating to be that close only to be killed due to my own inexperience. Knew I should've kept my stupidly large stack of Spider Glands.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    So gettin' a wanted level of 4 can cause hunters sailin' a supremely overleveled Man o' War as well as an overleveled Frigate to come after ya... well ain't that fun. Shame hunters never carry reales in their Men o' War. Would be a profitable way t' practice for those damnable legendary ships.

Also, was lootin' an uncharted isle of it's spoils when two water spouts spawned near by. After starin' at 'em for a few seconds in wonder, it was comically terrifyin' when I realized one'a them was headed straight towards me, and I proceeded t' try to out-sprint said water devil. Good thing the game isn't terribly realistic, as said Kyogre's attack did not tear me and the sandbar I was on int' pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Vampirism finally makes sense now thanks to Better Vampires. Rather than becoming stronger due to starvation, the player needs to feed more often for power.
    Always wondered why Bethesda made it like that. Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    Tentacles don't bother me as much knowing that if I keep moving I'll be fine.
    I DONT CARE PARANOIA

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    Extremely frustrating to be that close only to be killed due to my own inexperience. Knew I should've kept my stupidly large stack of Spider Glands.
    T'is the beauty and horror of Don't Starve: death is unforgiving. But 'ey, least in Adventure mode, when you die you're not losing a world you've spent 100 days exploring and terraforming.

As for healin' items, I always keep a stack of healing salves on me. Would regularly farm a spider nest I keep a short walk away from my base to keep a large supply (and monster meat is a fantastic bonus). One'a these days, when I go insane while hounds and a Deerclops attack me at the same time, I'll be thankful for it.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

She-Hulk for Smash 4 WiiAssasin's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    My only means of attacking is one-handed swords at the moment. I really should invest in some magic. I had fire damage for a while, but it does little damage. I'm still carrying a shield, but it's rarely used. Maybe dual wielding might work. Also, my vampirism recently kicked in, and it made me resistant to all weather exposure. That makes things a lot easier. I can finally go to the northern parts of Skyrim now, without freezing to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    Always wondered why Bethesda made it like that. Genuinely curious.
    Balance maybe? It seems the devs were more concerned with creating a better game than an immersive experience. I personally prefer the latter, even if it is overpowered mechanically.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina 3DS.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    S'pose that makes sense. 'Specially considerin' how much time passes from fast travel, vampires would be feedin' constantly... another example of Bethesda watering down Skyrim for the casuals, I reckon?

So apparently a vessel's level DOES influence it's stats in the Kenway's Fleet. That there level 50 Man o' War "Perseus" I stole from those hunters has absolutely ridiculous stats. More than triple the speed of other Men o' War in my fleet, 20 more cargo space (do trading missions even require a carryin' capacity of 90... ?), and just a bit more attack which lets it one-shot even frigates. Without the attack boost of center position. That's crazy. Two more of those and I'm set forever.

EDIT: Yup, just found a trading mission requiring 80 carrying capacity. What great timing.

EDIT EDIT: Two missions. **** damnit shit
    Last edited by Splash_King; 12-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Finally found myself a Honedge. Trained it 56 levels and evolved it into an Aegislash. That should be enough for today.

What's the easiest, fastest way to train weak Pokemon? I went to Victory Road and just gave it a Lucky Egg to hold.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Post-game, it's Restaurant Le Yeah's Triple battles (though the most profitable in terms of Pokedollars is Double battles). Made a post about it a long while back 'fore you got your hands on XY. Lucky Egg + Exp. Power lv. 3 = shitton of Exp. The reason for this is 'cause I'm pretty sure these trainers have the highest level Pokes in the game, and trainer-owned Pokes give 1.5 times the experience wild Pokemon do. If they don't, it's still the most efficient method since O-powers don't run out for the entire string of fights, whereas after say, a single E4 battle, you've already run outta your Exp. Lv. 3.

Also, here're some grinding tips for ya. If you keep a Pokemon unevolved past the point it would evolve via level up, it gets bonus experience 'til you evolve it (said bonus can't be applied to somethin' like a Haunter or Eeveelution, sadly). Don't forget t' turn battle scene off and text speed to fast to really speed up grinding. Pokemon with a different ID from yours get 1.5 experience (and Pokes from a different country get 1.7), but that ain't really a bonus you can easily obtain... unless you're willing t' scrounge GTS for bottom-of-the-barrel stats.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-tEnsouKSA

All your modern games talk isnt to pleasing to my eyes

CARNAGE!!

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Finished the Kalos Dex (about 450 Pokemon) today. Turns out I didn't even need Articuno to get the Oval Charm, so I essentially wasted the Master Ball holding Yvetal I put in the GTS. Oh well, realistically I never would have used either anyway (Yvetal has a Serious nature too, average at best). Nearly immediately traded the Articuno for a shiny Gulpin on the GTS. I would have hung onto it longer to give other people its Dex entry, but since the Oval Charm doesn't require it and completing the National Dex isn't possible until Pokebank (and by extension easy Articuno) is released. Adamant Articuno sucks anyway.

ε(´3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    AC games have had various sorts'a cheats in 'em since III. Don't use 'em since I never play AC like GTA (****in' around with absolutely no aim what-so-ever), but one'a them, named "no quarter", has the following description:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Flag
    This cheat activates Hardcore Mode: neither Edward nor the Jackdaw regenerate health.

Once activated the game will not be saved anymore.
    Spoiler Alert!

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads