LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 402 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 4015
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I beat Strange Journey's final boss!

... and I immediately died afterwards due to a previous attack. Went for several other tries, and eventually beat it. Using monsters that reflect all elements is pretty OP, but the boss was so cheap that it has an unavoidable 1-hit KO attack that can only be avoid via luck.

May as well go for a new game+ and see what I unlocked.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    So, my Battle Maison team consists of Sharpedo, Swalot, and Mega Pinsir. I decided to try this on Wifi, not sure how well it would do, but I've actually lost very few battles so far, if any. Granted, about ~50% of the players were pretty noobish, but I'm doing well against the seemingly competitive people so far. Sashpedo seems absolutely fantastic in 3 vs 3, the only things that can OHKO it are priority users and Pokemon with multi hit attacks. And even if an opponent that Sharpy can't OHKO has priority, I can usually just switch to Swalot to take it. Since entry hazards are so uncommon in 3 vs 3, I can generally have Sharpedo take out a Pokemon later with Destiny Bond. Swalot itself is obviously not the best option, but even so it's not useless. It's not easy to set up on thanks to Yawn, and it can get some extra damage in with Infestation and Toxic. It may not have reliable recovery, but Black Sludge manages to restore a fair amount of HP during sleep and Protect turns. My particular Mega Pinsir was not bred with Quick Attack, I think because at the time of breeding it I did not realize that it only needs two attacking moves outside of Quick Attack, namely Return and Earthquake. Regardless, although not as useful as Quick Attack, Substitute is still helpful, mostly to protect against status. I also feel like Substitute > Quick Attack in the Battle Maison, simply because there's so much you can set one up on, but that's irrelevant to battling human players.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 01-04-2014 at 12:55 AM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    So, my Battle Maison team consists of Sharpedo, Swalot, and Mega Pinsir. I decided to try this on Wifi, not sure how well it would do, but I've actually lost very few battles so far, if any. Granted, about ~50% of the players were pretty noobish, but I'm doing well against the seemingly competitive people so far. Sashpedo seems absolutely fantastic in 3 vs 3, the only things that can OHKO it are priority users and Pokemon with multi hit attacks. And even if an opponent that Sharpy can't OHKO has priority, I can usually just switch to Swalot to take it. Since entry hazards are so uncommon in 3 vs 3, I can generally have Sharpedo take out a Pokemon later with Destiny Bond. Swalot itself is obviously not the best option, but even so it's not useless. It's not easy to set up on thanks to Yawn, and it can get some extra damage in with Infestation and Toxic. It may not have reliable recovery, but Black Sludge manages to restore a fair amount of HP during sleep and Protect turns. My particular Mega Pinsir was not bred with Quick Attack, I think because at the time of breeding it I did not realize that it only needs two attacking moves outside of Quick Attack, namely Return and Earthquake. Regardless, although not as useful as Quick Attack, Substitute is still helpful, mostly to protect against status. I also feel like Substitute > Quick Attack in the Battle Maison, simply because there's so much you can set one up on, but that's irrelevant to battling human players.
    Doesn't X&Y comp consist solely on priority moves?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    Not solely, but they're more common, yes.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    I just obtained a Feebas via Wonder Trade.

Who wants this worthless piece of shit?!
    I have lost all respect for you.

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ
    For the sake of my Smashing ability: I am done with online until further notice
    same here bro
    Splash_King likes this.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Not solely, but they're more common, yes.
    Yeah I heard moves like Shadow Sneak and the such were rather quite popular, almost as fi they've became the Meta in some way.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I never want to fight another Diablos again. Not when it goes rage mode after every two hits, needlessly extending the fight an extra 20 minutes... come High Rank I was initially impressed by how much ya needed t' respect it's new-found speed in rage mode, but now I'm well sick'a it. For the same reason why the Gigginox annoys me: all you can ever safely get on it is one or two stray hits. Then it's a matter of chasing it down back and forth. Kind'a like Uragaan now that I think 'bout it, but they're sluggish and therefore not very hard to catch up to... or Spirit Combo.

'Least Diablos are super-weak to poison. Belladonna's Bite has been servin' me well, despite havin' as great a weapon as the Pyro Demolisher. They can waste time all they want with their charges, they'l still be losin' 1/16th their HP per turn. wait wrong game

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    The competitive scene, specifically the higher tiers, has definitely had a place for priority since the days of DPP when moves like Bullet Punch 'n Aqua Jet came to be. I reckon every Generation has introduced more priority abusers as well. As is common knowledge, once Scizor got Bullet Punch in Platinum, it literally dominated the metagame. Conkeldurr's Mach Punch made waves in Gen 5 whenever it's Drain Punch wasn't, Thundurus was banned literally because it has priority T-wave in addition to it's fantastic sweeping capabilities. I'm sure there were plenty of other lower-tier priority users also introduced. None of which I can name, bar Sableye.

Priority is indeed very common in Gen 6's OU metagame as well. Talonflame and Aegislash specifically are quite common for good reason, though the latter doesn't need to abuse Shadow Sneak t' be a huge threat. But the metagame "solely consisting of priority moves" is still a gross exaggeration. 'Specially since we don't know what the post-Pokemon Bank metagame is gonna look like. The original RS metagame 'fore Emerald, Colosseum, etc. was drastically different than RSE's.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 01-04-2014 at 10:55 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    My friend's Aegislash uses Shadow Sneak as its only attacking move. Even after two Swords Dances, it still can't OHKO a Delphox.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    My friend's Aegislash uses Shadow Sneak as its only attacking move. Even after two Swords Dances, it still can't OHKO a Delphox.
    It does depend on what Aegislash's form is too, Sword grants more attack and Shield grants defence. All that good stuff.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads