LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 404 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 4039
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Them 2 handed vanguard swords are really something. With them, one gains to ability to single-handedly complete objectives, such as lighting that signal fire, which I once deemed impossible. I do miss my flail, but being able to one-hit archers is a great boon.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164

The picture that makes me want to play the game

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    After bein' distracted by the 'Karptacular multiplayer for literally months, I've finally finished AC:IV's single player (though I've still a meager 9% left to complete; won't take more than a few days). I find the ending... double-edged. After so many AC endings,
    Spoiler Alert!

On that note, much as I enjoyed the countless hours I put int' the game, I'm still disappointed. Not in the experience, but in Ubisoft. Every new game feels less 'n less like the original, in a bad way. More streamlined, more glitches, less stealth, less polish.

But it ain't all bad I s'pose. Only the bigger missions tend to be that stupidly cinematic streamlined experience that punishes you for bein' a few centimeters off the designated path. Plenty bad no doubt, but there is freedom in how you approach a situation stealthily most'a the time otherwise. Not that it matters, because stealth is as impractical as it is time consuming... ... ... thanks for not upholding the promise to increase fightin' difficulty, Ubisoft.

Oh, and meh @ Edward as a character. Not the archetype or tropes he belongs to, but how Ubisoft presented 'em. They completely ****ed up Connor by tucking away most of his character development in lackluster, made-at-the-laste-minute missions. For Edward, they kind'a ****ed up in general. T'is laughable since his character is shallower than Cape Bonavista's tide pools.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Finally got around to fighting Medeox, ignored the snakes the first time I fought him and got wrecked by poison so I went and bought an antidote tome from the Halls store, after a couple more failed attempts I got a strategy down which was to take the snakes out first with my bow and arrow. After the snakes were dead it was just a case of spamming him down with arrows until the 2nd phase of the fight where he spits ice souls at you.

They were only harmed by magic so I just took them out with firebolt during breaks of shooting Medeox's face with the bow and arrow, boss fight was relatively simple once I learned a pattern although trying to get that "Defeat Medeox without killing any of it's snakes" achievement will be hard to do on my 2nd playthrough so I'm thinking wand and spell abuse there. End of the day I've made progress, don't care what anyone says, learning the bosses in UnEpic is a complete hassle and getting a pattern to flawlessly kill said bosses is an achievement in itself.

PS: Hardest boss is still Gauntlik IMO even though this boss took more attempts to learn.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    4 hours of Black Flag playtime < 2% synchronization

wat eez dis sheet

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Got back to Dragon Age and started a new character. I never noticed how good the dialogue and voice acting was. Well, it is Bioware after all.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Played Baby Face Blaster Scout again. Shit's fun, I should stop using the Sandman though, I suck with it and the guillotine (STAR FTW OMFG SANDMAN GUILLOTINE COMBO FTW).

Also got myself a Vintage Huntsman, learned that the Huntsman arrow tips are made of positive tips, I'm made of negative magnets so they're attracted to me and everyone else is made of positive magnets. In other, I suck with the damned thing but it's still good fun to mess around with when I'm bored of the Sniper Rifles.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    96% completion. Enjoyed all 70 hours I've thrown away t' get there... bar the badly programmed parts.

Though I'm sure my frustrations will soon mount, as during the next session I'll need to full sync missions I forgot to (the full sync requirements are very unobtrusive 'n appear for a short amount of time, and thus can be hard to notice)... but so long as none'a them are as painful as AC:III's Eye of the Storm full sync requirements, I'll do just fine. And probably enjoy it.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 01-16-2014 at 06:20 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    96% completion. Enjoyed all 70 hours I've thrown away t' get there... bar the badly programmed parts.

Though I'm sure my frustrations will soon mount, as during the next session I'll need to full sync missions I forgot to (the full sync requirements are very unobtrusive 'n appear for a short amount of time, and thus can be hard to notice)... but so long as none'a them are as painful as AC:III's Eye of the Storm full sync requirements, I'll do just fine. And probably enjoy it.
    Badly programmed parts? Why have I heard this like a million times before?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Whatever the reason, it has nothin' to do with the developer, or yearly game releases. Nope. Definitely not. Nah.

In other news, AA is a tad more bearable when I can play aggressively (which is t' say, only when I have a defender[s] that I can count on]). <3 Fast Recovery

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads