LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 404 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4039
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Finished Mark of the Ninja

This is one of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay is addictive and unique, there's always multiple options to choose in everything. It's how I would imagine a Sandbox Stealth game. I always wondered how storytelling can be used in Video Games and this one is so far the best example I have of this. Storytelling in video games is not just limited to cutscenes, but in gameplay as well and this does a good job at using both.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    klei ftw even though dont starve is the only game of theirs ive played

3~ hours later, I'm still at 96%... man. Maybe I won't be done in just two days. And speakin' of bein' done, I wonder how I'll fare against the Legendary Ships now that the Jackdaw is fully upgraded. It'l probably be a piece'a cake and thus be disappointin', since the Jackdaw's deck bein' decked out utterly breaks the game. Makes Lv. 60 Men o' War a joke without even needin' mortar shot. With mortars, epic lulz. I took out three of said galleons, two overleveled frigates, and a brig all at once.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    I can freeze/stun/paralyze even some bosses. That's hilarious. Now to find a piece of mage armor that doesn't make my pc look asininely stupid. What is that supposed to be on his head?
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Finally got around to beating UnEpic. Great game the ending I got was very entertaining.

"Eternal Agony" was very cleverly put and completing the final section of the game, which surprisingly enough wasn't the tower (which is the final section of the castle, split into two sections).

So after being clubbed around by my own weapons off ghosts that I couldn't see and scaling a tower full of annoying ass mages I reached the final section of the game, ELVES. **** those guys honestly, since I had armour level 1 they did insanely high amounts of damage to me, killing me in 3-4 arrows if I didn't watch my health and the Ents were a hassle, especially in combination with the cleric elf mages that would sit and heal them. Took forever to kill those ****s so I just shoved all my spare level up points (all 10 of them) into fire and spammed Fire Breath to take care of them, which still took an extremely long time.

Also figured out that despite mental magic lacking early game when Daniel receives it, it becomes one of the most important spells in the game allowing you to single out enemies and make everything a million times easier. Even if you only have the sleep spell which he gets by default upon getting mental magic, it's utility is incredibly useful.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    98% sync. Today's the day! ... Probably.

Also, the new Game Lab event sucks. Hate it with a passion. I'd rather play Wanted. _

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Going backburner is fun. I do love the rage it causes, in part due to it being a strange. In particular, being able to crit people running away with their back turned (i.e. medics) is incredibly satisfying.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Going backburner is fun. I do love the rage it causes, in part due to it being a strange. In particular, being able to crit people running away with their back turned (i.e. medics) is incredibly satisfying.
    I don't mind the backburner as much as the crit pyro loadouts. Because using a loadout that gives you a free kill on anything except a heavy (Degreaser Puff, Axtinguisher combo) totally takes skill to do. At least you can play to the backburners advantages as if playing a more aggressive but not as stealthy spy, it's just the bad W+M1 pyro's that give it a bad name.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    By bad do you mean ineffective or annoying but effective? Because most people call the latter "bad". I also fall into the latter playstyle. They're not gonna complain about a pyro that they constantly kill and makes them feel secure about their own skill.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    By bad do you mean ineffective or annoying but effective? Because most people call the latter "bad". I also fall into the latter playstyle. They're not gonna complain about a pyro that they constantly kill and makes them feel secure about their own skill.
    The latter "bad", I actually liked the idea of the backburner it's just poorly represented by new players using it as they get it through achievement items. It's the same with weapons like the Force-a-nature which personally is a favourite of mine.

As I was saying though, if you play the Pyro like a spy that cannot cloak or disguise. The Backburner is a wonderful weapon and airblasting is still a viable option even if it chugs 50 fuel but it's still there unlike with the Phlog. Honestly, i'd rather be outplayed by a good pyro with the backburner than a wannabe good pyro with the Degreaser - Flare Gun - Axtinguisher loadout.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Played through a L4D2 campaign. There was apparently free trial for it, explaining why half the guys were clueless on what to do. Wait, no, that doesn't excuse anything. If you see someone getting swarmed, you shoot the zombies. Experience isn't necessary to figure that out.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads