LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 419 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4189
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

God-Slaying Vanguard Tragonight's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    MR do you use Belly Drum on your Azumarill? Literally the only set I see everywhere is Belly Drum / Aqua Jet / Play Rough / Superpower.

3DS FC: 1461-6308-5932

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    MR do you use Belly Drum on your Azumarill? Literally the only set I see everywhere is Belly Drum / Aqua Jet / Play Rough / Superpower.
    That's pretty much my Azumarill

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    k

Although I still think Huge Power Belly Drum'd priority STAB Aqua Jet with 252 EVs in Attack and HP holding Leftovers is pretty hard to counter, IMO.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    k

Although I still think Huge Power Belly Drum'd priority STAB Aqua Jet with 252 EVs in Attack and HP holding Leftovers is pretty hard to counter, IMO.
    First of all, do not send dragons out until your opponent's Azumarill is dead. Second, never switch out on an Azumarill unless you are switching to a Scizor or something with a strong priority move. Thirdly, don't try to status it. Burning it hardly helps, unless it's pared with the sun. Toxic might kill it but it will still trash your team. Paralyzing doesn't help unless you get parahax, Azumarill is already slow. 4thly, use the sun if you have it, don't use the rain if you have it.

Why am I telling all of you, how to beat my Azumarill?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Manus is down. I'm stuck between trying to kill the hydra in the ash lake and that black dragon. And eventually Gwyn.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    First of all, do not send dragons out until your opponent's Azumarill is dead.
    Obviously. You should never send out Dragons until you've eliminated all of your opponent's Fairies, or else you're basically screwed.

Second, never switch out on an Azumarill unless you are switching to a Scizor or something with a strong priority move.
    Switching out on Azumarill gives it a free turn to Belly Drum and then spam Aqua Jet. I've never let this happen before. I always try to get its HP down on the initial Belly Drum so it will either fail or I can counter with priority/Water-resistant Pokemon to finish it off. Leftovers and dual Fairy-typing just makes this more difficult.

Thirdly, don't try to status it. Burning it hardly helps, unless it's pared with the sun. Toxic might kill it but it will still trash your team. Paralyzing doesn't help unless you get parahax, Azumarill is already slow. 4thly, use the sun if you have it, don't use the rain if you have it.
    I don't rely on status much lol. Toxic is the only notable status, but unless you have some extremely bulky Poison-type that resists Water and Fighting as well, it's hard to stall for Poison damage. Not even continuous Protect is that efficient, Leftovers recovers partial Poison damage and it can still Aqua Jet you to death. Paralyzing is a bad idea because Aqua Jet gets priority and it basically kills everything it doesn't resist. It kills things that resist Water too, but I won't go into that.

Why am I telling all of you, how to beat my Azumarill?
    I just think that, all in all, Azumarill is a huge threat and I don't blame my friend for thinking it's Uber. Well, he didn't say exactly that is was Uber, he just said "BANNED" really loudly and emphasized it. Maybe it's my bias against having to face against the same Azumarill in 9/10 of all of my Pokemon battles, I don't know. I hate it.

EDIT: You also didn't really tell me how to beat Azumarill, you told me what not to do. That list can go on for a while.
    Last edited by Tragonight; 03-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Hydra died thanks to that steep dune letting me get close while it lunged at me. Dragon's up next.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Obviously. You should never send out Dragons until you've eliminated all of your opponent's Fairies, or else you're basically screwed.
    Not true
    A multiscale Dragonite laughs at fairies that aren't Azumarill and Mega Mawile.

Switching out on Azumarill gives it a free turn to Belly Drum and then spam Aqua Jet. I've never let this happen before. I always try to get its HP down on the initial Belly Drum so it will either fail or I can counter with priority/Water-resistant Pokemon to finish it off. Leftovers and dual Fairy-typing just makes this more difficult.
    I actually have a Sitrus Berry on my Azumarill. So even if you knock him down below half, he gets back up over half and laughs at you as he Belly Drums. If you want to counter Azumarill, you should run a Scizor or a Mega Venusaur.

I don't rely on status much lol. Toxic is the only notable status, but unless you have some extremely bulky Poison-type that resists Water and Fighting as well, it's hard to stall for Poison damage. Not even continuous Protect is that efficient, Leftovers recovers partial Poison damage and it can still Aqua Jet you to death. Paralyzing is a bad idea because Aqua Jet gets priority and it basically kills everything it doesn't resist. It kills things that resist Water too, but I won't go into that.
    If it resists water hard, then it's going to use it's base 50 speed to hit you with either Play Rough or Super Power. Use the low speed to your advantage and kill it before it kills you. And that's what I said (talking about the Paralyzing).

Let me educate you in what Burn does. It lowers attack by 50%.

I just think that, all in all, Azumarill is a huge threat and I don't blame my friend for thinking it's Uber. Well, he didn't say exactly that is was Uber, he just said "BANNED" really loudly and emphasized it. Maybe it's my bias against having to face against the same Azumarill in 9/10 of all of my Pokemon battles, I don't know. I hate it.
    Because you don't know how to deal with it.

EDIT: You also didn't really tell me how to beat Azumarill, you told me what not to do. That list can go on for a while.
    Knowing what not to do is extremely important. I also told you to use powerful Priority moves to counter it.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 03-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Not true
    A multiscale Dragonite laughs at fairies that aren't Azumarill and Mega Mawile.
    Multiscale Dragonite laughs at almost everything that can kill it. And it laughs even harder against things that can't.

I actually have a Sitrus Berry on my Azumarill. So even if you knock him down below half, he gets back up over half and laughs at you as he Belly Drums. If you want to counter Azumarill, you should run a Scizor or a Mega Venusaur.
    Not sure how viable a Sitrus Berry is on Azumarill, but it doesn't always activate. In the rare case where Azumarill will actually eat its Sitrus Berry, the HP regained isn't enough to help it much. People use Leftovers to slowly heal as you sweep with Aqua Jet once you Belly Drum. So even if the Pokemon that's left out against Azumarill manages to dent it, Leftovers will help make it survive a lot of revenge counter-switches. If Aqua Jet doesn't kill (even if resisted, I've seen it kill a lot), Leftovers will likely have healed Azumarill's HP back to ~50% and help it take super-effective attacks. Then you can just priority Aqua Jet again. Two is enough to kill most Water-resistant Pokemon, and even if they don't, STAB Play Rough / Superpower (depending if it is super-effective or not) on the first turn will.

If it resists water hard, then it's going to use it's base 50 speed to hit you with either Play Rough or Super Power. Use the low speed to your advantage and kill it before it kills you. And that's what I said (talking about the Paralyzing).
    If you have a Pokemon that resists Water x4, then yes, I guess you could paralyze it. It can still be a waste of a turn if they choose to Play Rough / Superpower on the turn you paralyze it, and it actually carries through. I'd probably only paralyze an Azumarill if I feel lucky with paralysis hax. Uninvested base 50 is slow enough.

Let me educate you in what Burn does. It lowers attack by 50%.
    Huge Power. +6 Aqua Jet still hits ridiculously hard for priority, hard enough to be a reliable STAB move.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Not sure how viable a Sitrus Berry is on Azumarill, but it doesn't always activate. In the rare case where Azumarill will actually eat its Sitrus Berry, the HP regained isn't enough to help it much. People use Leftovers to slowly heal as you sweep with Aqua Jet once you Belly Drum. So even if the Pokemon that's left out against Azumarill manages to dent it, Leftovers will help make it survive a lot of revenge counter-switches. If Aqua Jet doesn't kill (even if resisted, I've seen it kill a lot), Leftovers will likely have healed Azumarill's HP back to ~50% and help it take super-effective attacks. Then you can just priority Aqua Jet again. Two is enough to kill most Water-resistant Pokemon, and even if they don't, STAB Play Rough / Superpower (depending if it is super-effective or not) on the first turn will.
    Sitrus Berry is viable. It's helped me a lot more than Leftovers. You don't need health while sweeping but you need it to Belly Drum.

If you have a Pokemon that resists Water x4, then yes, I guess you could paralyze it. It can still be a waste of a turn if they choose to Play Rough / Superpower on the turn you paralyze it, and it actually carries through. I'd probably only paralyze an Azumarill if I feel lucky with paralysis hax. Uninvested base 50 is slow enough.
    Or a bulky Pokémon with water resistance.

Lesson 3: Don't bother with Status. Your only stating the obvious.

Huge Power. +6 Aqua Jet still hits ridiculously hard for priority, hard enough to be a reliable STAB move.
    I was referring to your statement that Poison was the best. It isn't. It's all situational. Paralyzing is good against fast Pokémon, Burn is good against powerful Physical attackers, and Poisoning is good against Pokémon with recoveries.
    Sleep is the best as it's mostly reliable and gives you many free turns. The next best would be Frozen.

If you had to use one against Azumarill, Burn would be the best choice if you can put it to Sleep.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads