LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 402 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4015
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Sitrus Berry is viable. It's helped me a lot more than Leftovers. You don't need health while sweeping but you need it to Belly Drum.
    Health can potentially help while sweeping. If Azumarill can't OHKO with a single Aqua Jet, the Leftovers recovery will help it survive to use a second. Leftovers is consistent and recovers every turn. Berries can only be used once and they don't really recover much more than Leftovers, I'd say about 3+ turns of Leftovers is the equivalent of a single Sitrus Berry. If they don't kill it at that point, then Leftovers Azumarill can be very difficult to deal with.

Or a bulky Pokémon with water resistance.
    Not always. I wouldn't rely on anything that's not a x4 resistance to survive a +6 STAB. If you have Water resistance, chances are you can kill Azumarill if they choose to Play Rough / Superpower. I know, they won't always do that (+6 is menacing, even if resisted) but Azumarill has bad Speed and those moves aren't always reliable.

I was referring to your statement that Poison was the best. It isn't. It's all situational. Paralyzing is good against fast Pokémon, Burn is good against powerful Physical attackers, and Poisoning is good against Pokémon with recoveries.
    Sleep is the best as it's mostly reliable and gives you many free turns. The next best would be Frozen.

If you had to use one against Azumarill, Burn would be the best choice if you can put it to Sleep.
    The only thing paralysis has against Azumarill is its ability to occasionally stop it from moving. Paralysis has nothing against priority otherwise, as does fast Pokemon. Unless you have a fast Pokemon with priority, but I don't think they are strong enough to stop an Azumarill.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    Health can potentially help while sweeping. If Azumarill can't OHKO with a single Aqua Jet, the Leftovers recovery will help it survive to use a second. Leftovers is consistent and recovers every turn. Berries can only be used once and they don't really recover much more than Leftovers, I'd say about 3+ turns of Leftovers is the equivalent of a single Sitrus Berry. If they don't kill it at that point, then Leftovers Azumarill can be very difficult to deal with.
    It's all about timing.
    Sitrus allows you to Belly Drum after they they hit you without loosing a turn.

Not always. I wouldn't rely on anything that's not a x4 resistance to survive a +6 STAB. If you have Water resistance, chances are you can kill Azumarill if they choose to Play Rough / Superpower. I know, they won't always do that (+6 is menacing, even if resisted) but Azumarill has bad Speed and those moves aren't always reliable.
    Aqua Jet only has 40 BP. I trust a Bulky Resistant Pokémon to live at least one Aqua Jet.

The only thing paralysis has against Azumarill is its ability to occasionally stop it from moving. Paralysis has nothing against priority otherwise, as does fast Pokemon. Unless you have a fast Pokemon with priority, but I don't think they are strong enough to stop an Azumarill.
    Read all of lesson 3. I covered just about everything in Statusing Azumarill.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Isn't Azumarill Uber now or something? The thing can sweep almost as hard as Blaziken
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Literally the only set I see everywhere is Belly Drum / Aqua Jet / Play Rough / Superpower.
    You've not seen a single CB Azumarill? I find that hard t' believe.

You should never send out Dragons until you've eliminated all of your opponent's Fairies, or else you're basically screwed.
    So no one should ever send out Normal or Fighting-types if the opponent has a Ghost, Electric if they have Ground, etc.? Obviously not. Coverage moves are a thing. Snorlax learns Crunch, Conekldurr has Payback, Hydreigon gets Flash Cannon, etc. Typing is only that relevant when it completely shuts out an opponent's moveset, not just STAB.

Also, double switching.

First of all, do not send dragons out until your opponent's Azumarill is dead.
    Life Orb/Specs-boosted coverage moves say no. I very much doubt a 252/0 Azumarill can take Specs Latios' Psyshock more than once. Would be surprised if that Sitrus gives it 50%+ HP after the first Psyshock. Gimme a calc.

Not that Latios can switch into or revenge kill an Azumarill that already set up, talkin' 'bout the other way 'round.

Toxic is the only notable status
    tragoscrub

Paralyzing is good against fast Pokémon, Burn is good against powerful Physical attackers, and Poisoning is good against Pokémon with recoveries.
    Sleep is the best as it's mostly reliable and gives you many free turns. The next best would be Frozen.

If you had to use one against Azumarill, Burn would be the best choice if you can put it to Sleep.
    You're right 'bout Sleep bein' the best ever, praise be to Spore, but it does go deeper than that, there're plenty of situations to where those generalizations won't apply. Burn can be just as effective as Toxic, if not moreso once you factor in residual damage from previous turns' attacks, weather, entry hazards and recoil damage (be it recoil attacks or Life Orb). Since Toxic doesn't do more damage than regular Poison/Burn 'til turn 4, if you can choose between the two, Burn can kill a turn quicker in some situations... while also cuttin' Physical attack. On that note, Game Freak should implement a Sp.A-lowering Status.

Paralysis is always, ALWAYS beneficial, even on Slowking-speed things, if another option wouldn't defeat the threat in question. It effectively gives all'a their moves, includin' Speed-bypassing priority ones, a 25% chance of missing. If your team doesn't have six turns to stall out a sweeper via Burn/Poison damage since you've only three easily-OHKO'd Pokes left, Paralysis gives you a chance t' win in that situation via fully paralyzed hax. Priority T-wave was the sole reason Thundurus got banned last Generation; if it couldn't revenge kill an opposing non-Ground type threat, it'd be guaranteed to cripple it.

I'd say about 3+ turns of Leftovers is the equivalent of a single Sitrus Berry. If they don't kill it at that point, then Leftovers Azumarill can be very difficult to deal with.
    A Sitrus Berry is most useful on BDAzumarill against offensive/balanced teams, as it makes setting up immensely easier. Leftovers is only more valuable than Sitrus in a situation where Azumarill is constantly taking residual damage and would be indirectly KO'd by said passive damage before it finishes a sweep, as Lefties doesn't give Azumarill a semi-free setup turn like Sitrus does. Which is t' say, Lefties Azumarill fares better against stall teams.

More importantly, if a team doesn't KO Azumarill by the second turn after it Belly Drums, be it by revenge kill or the Poke currently out, they likely already lost. Leftovers recovering more HP overtime than Sitrus is often irrelevant on a sweeper like BDAzumarill, which is meant to setup and sweep quickly.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 03-11-2014 at 03:52 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    You've not seen a single CB Azumarill? I find that hard t' believe.
    What is CB?

On that note, Game Freak should implement a Sp.A-lowering Status.
    What? Burn doesn't lower Sp. Attack?

Paralysis is always, ALWAYS beneficial, even on Slowking-speed things, if another option wouldn't defeat the threat in question. It effectively gives all'a their moves, includin' Speed-bypassing priority ones, a 25% chance of missing.
    Paralysis lowers accuracy?

Priority T-wave was the sole reason Thundurus got banned last Generation; if it couldn't revenge kill an opposing non-Ground type threat, it'd be guaranteed to cripple it.
    Is it still banned?

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Life Orb/Specs-boosted coverage moves say no. I very much doubt a 252/0 Azumarill can take Specs Latios' Psyshock more than once. Would be surprised if that Sitrus gives it 50%+ HP after the first Psyshock. Gimme a calc.
    The problem with that is because it's has Specs and kills something that is not Azumarill, Azumarill will jump in after the Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse and BD and Sweep.
    Choiced Dragons are Azumarill Fodder.
    Though this can be avoided if you are careful. (Don't lock yourself into a Dragon move)

You're right 'bout Sleep bein' the best ever, praise be to Spore, but it does go deeper than that, there're plenty of situations to where those generalizations won't apply. Burn can be just as effective as Toxic, if not moreso once you factor in residual damage from previous turns' attacks, weather, entry hazards and recoil damage (be it recoil attacks or Life Orb). Since Toxic doesn't do more damage than regular Poison/Burn 'til turn 4, if you can choose between the two, Burn can kill a turn quicker in some situations... while also cuttin' Physical attack. On that note, Game Freak should implement a Sp.A-lowering Status.

Paralysis is always, ALWAYS beneficial, even on Slowking-speed things, if another option wouldn't defeat the threat in question. It effectively gives all'a their moves, includin' Speed-bypassing priority ones, a 25% chance of missing. If your team doesn't have six turns to stall out a sweeper via Burn/Poison damage since you've only three easily-OHKO'd Pokes left, Paralysis gives you a chance t' win in that situation via fully paralyzed hax. Priority T-wave was the sole reason Thundurus got banned last Generation; if it couldn't revenge kill an opposing non-Ground type threat, it'd be guaranteed to cripple it.
    Right but it's not a reliable method to take out Azumarill. You leaving it up to chance from then on. If the RNG is favorable you kill him in the next turn. If it's not favorable, then you loose.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Sorry for the double post

What is CB?
    Citrus Berry

What? Burn doesn't lower Sp. Attack?
    Nope

Paralysis lowers accuracy?
    Nope
    Just has a chance that the Paralyzed Poké does nothing.

Is it still banned?
    Nope
    Splash_King likes this.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    questions
    *facepalm*

What is CB?
    Citrus Berry
    *FACEPALM*

Choice Band. ._.;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    *FACEPALM*

Choice Band. ._.;
    Citrus Berry is also relevant
    Because apparently he hasn't seen one of those as well
    and it was done jokingly becuase Sitrus Berry

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    The most important thing about Azumarill is not to use it. Ever.
    Tragonight likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    The most important thing about Azumarill is not to use it. Ever.
    Splash_King and Pichu2k7 like this.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads