LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 405 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    After causin' trouble at a random village via looting and attracting two Emirs with 80+ troops each at separate times, I headed straight for Ahmerrad and took it back from the laughable 17 troops left to protect it. I figured they would return to take it almost-immediately, so I decided to take the castle to the south rather than waste my time waitin'. As predicted a lord came to retake the town. However, I actually failed to capture the castle. At the very end of the skirmish, I got combo breaker'ed into oblivion by five javelins in a row. Only 40 troops left; had I taken out my board shield, that wouldn't of happened...

Suddenly (and quite randomly), I was disappointed to see the Rhodoks and Sarranid Sultanate made peace before I could take the castle. But this also occurred before they could take Ahmerrad back, so all is well. Mission complete! Been wandering about nabbin' Sarranid Recruits and lettin' all my heroes' high Trainer skill train 'em up. Next time we go to war with 'em, there's no way I'd be able to arrive in time to defend it, so I'm gonna need like, 200 top tier units to guard it for me. They already bee-lined for Jelkala previously, so they may want to do the same.

Also played some Chest Capture. New high score, 13,500~. I only had 10 stuns (****ed up half of 'em via lag...), so I'm somewhat confused how I managed that high score.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Been playing TF2 lately. Shotgun heavy is a new all time favourite for me but due to this i've lost my patience to play Engineer. Gloves of urgent running(?) have been very good to me in multiple occasions, best for punching spies' heads in.

Need to learn how to use the Gunslinger and my mini-sentry effectively right now.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    Shotgun heavy is a new all time favourite for me but due to this i've lost my patience to play Engineer.
    Fat scout is never a good class to play as, unless you feel like screwing around for the lulz. Big sentry engineer is generally more effective than combat engie. The difference between a good combat engie and a bad one is that the good one relies more on his primary and secondary while the mini does scratch damage and draws attention.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Skyrem, Devil Survivor Overclocked.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    My most successful time in Day Z today. It was night, which made it difficult to get around but it's easier to remain undetected. Rather than hoping to find something in one of the nearby coastal towns, I ran towards the steep hills into the forests. After wandering around I finally found a dirt road. Following it, I reach a small shack and find a weak pistol. Proceeding from there I saw a small farming town and with my pistol I got enough courage to search around.

I found 2 barns. One had a shotgun and rifle. The other had a sniper rifle and canned goods and drinks. Turns out I have crap aim. Zombies were somehow evading my shots, possibly with lag involved. Not wanting to lose my stuff so quickly, I ended my session. Took me a little over an hour or so to do this. Never thought farms would be of so much use.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Fat scout is never a good class to play as, unless you feel like screwing around for the lulz. Big sentry engineer is generally more effective than combat engie. The difference between a good combat engie and a bad one is that the good one relies more on his primary and secondary while the mini does scratch damage and draws attention.
    I let the mini sentry rack up a few kills and assists, then when I need to move it or it gets taken out I can start taking advantage of The Frontier justice's revenge crits. Because the crits are counted per shot its possible to win just about any gun fight if you land the shots needed and the enemy isn't overhealed.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Except that the FJ is terribad. Half your capacity in exchange for minicrits isn't great in the long run. The most you could do is fire 3 revenge crits, leaving you open to attacks that the default or WM could meatshot.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    I've been having pretty successful runs with it so far. Normal shotgun is good but landing 6 solid shots on a heavy or another big health enemy won't do jack. Constant crits can hit a lot more if you have the revenge points built up.

and it isn't mini crits against an enemy. It's normal critical hits. I still wouldn't run Frontiers justice on the normal Sentry though. Those are better at lasting over time unlike mini sentries.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Actually, the FJ is made for the big sentry. Losing your big sentry gets you many more crits than if you lost a mini. Keep in mind that an engie using the big sentry will rarely use their primary weapons. In the event they lose their sentry, revenge crits can potentially stop a push.

4 meatshots from the default shotty or WM will kill a heavy. 5 will kill an overhealed heavy. The frontier justice only holds 3 shots, which means missing just one will cause you to lose the fight.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    This is where I want to take a previous comment back but don't want to.

There are certain places i'll stick a sentry and have it last ages with at least 10 kills if under the right circumstances (no Ubercharged Demomen rushing the nest). Which would net around 20 crits I predict.
    I like the normal Shotgun just as much but I find the crits from Frontier justice to be really effective. I just wish I could aim and land them on scouts

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    As an engie, scouts should never be a problem. You are literally their counter. Both the standard sentry and minis are effective against them.

FJ crits can be effective, but they are situational. It's not as practical as the rest.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads