LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 11223
Like Tree464Likes

Thread: The thread of INSOMNIMANIA!!

  1. #2001
    Uniquely common Pichu2k7's Avatar
    Member #
    55560
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,281
    Friends
    23
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    I figured as much, I could'a swore we've talked 'bout AiB before.

    Not necessarily, no. Some of the ol' Brawlers did move onto the greener pasture that AiB is, though.
    Didn't we do it before I vanished for the two years after everyone left in 2010? I don't think I actually moved there, I used to do all these talks about loyalty when tbh today I would think second about putting my loyalty into something so futile such as a a Call of Duty clan! Especially after devoting so much into said clan. I did find out that its Mates > Clan members or people you know over the internet. Internet friends are cool but...you will probably never meet them. It's better to enjoy life in person with people you know.

    It's hard for me to admit that...being someone who spends a lot of his time on the internet speaking to people i'll never meet.

  2. Ads


  3. #2002
    The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,377
    Friends
    122
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    Internet friends are cool but...you will probably never meet them. It's better to enjoy life in person with people you know.
    I'mma go off on a tangent and say, no, that's a bullshit sentiment that needs to gtfo of the common opinion.

    Obviously friends IRL are much more fun to have, and that's not the issue I have with such statements. It's more of the fact that IRL friends are more important as a result. By such logic, if your best friend was forced to move away to the other side of the US, he is now your worst friend. Location doesn't mean garbage these days, 'sides from convenience. Believing all friends found among the web are nothin' but second rate means the person with said beliefs might as well avoid forums, chat rooms, etc. all together 'n stick to the people they know in the flesh since they're clearly wasting their time otherwise.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #2003
    ε(3`)з Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,194
    Friends
    44
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    To be honest, my internet friends are more important than most of my real life friends. ^^;



    ε(3`)з



    The Fuchsia City Guru
    <(θ)>



  5. #2004
    Smash Brother Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,233
    Friends
    66
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    And if we figure out how to program consciousness and the ability to perceive? I'm not sayin' it's possible, but it's also hard to say it's impossible IMO. Once we figure out 'n understand the entirety of the brain, perhaps we could engineer a human-like being out of nothin' but mechanics and engineering, the only difference being our flesh.
    Don't forget programming

    If I go any further on the topic, it would be more about philosophy rather than "science."

    Also we can keep in mind that we could be programed.
    But that cannot explain the ability for us to choose yes or no. Weighing the options and choosing one even if it is illogical is something that computer cannot do. The closest they can get is through emulation. And they need something to emulate. So what did we emulate if we were programed? and that question can go on.
    Which is also why "science" cannot explain everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    To be honest, my internet friends are more important than most of my real life friends. ^^;
    How do you know that your computer friends are not a computer emulation?
    For all you guys know I could be a computer program 0.o


    Spoiler Alert!

  6. #2005
    The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,377
    Friends
    122
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Well, once we change from scientific to philosophical, this topic gets kind'a null 'n voided since there's no way we'd be able to find a conclusive answer through philosophy. Which was my point really, we can't know whether or not it's impossible just yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    How do you know that your computer friends are not a computer emulation?
    For all you guys know I could be a computer program 0.o
    That would certainly work in my favor for this whole "willpower programmed" discussion.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #2006
    Uniquely common Pichu2k7's Avatar
    Member #
    55560
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,281
    Friends
    23
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    I'mma go off on a tangent and say, no, that's a bullshit sentiment that needs to gtfo of the common opinion.

    Obviously friends IRL are much more fun to have, and that's not the issue I have with such statements. It's more of the fact that IRL friends are more important as a result. By such logic, if your best friend was forced to move away to the other side of the US, he is now your worst friend. Location doesn't mean garbage these days, 'sides from convenience. Believing all friends found among the web are nothin' but second rate means the person with said beliefs might as well avoid forums, chat rooms, etc. all together 'n stick to the people they know in the flesh since they're clearly wasting their time otherwise.
    You've touched me with this one...this is actually true. There's a friend in the other side of Glasgow that I don't see anymore and I stay intact via Skype and we're still good friends. Heck he's been my best friend since we were like 7. It's been at least ten years we've known each other and if it hasn't been then ten years is coming up and very quickly.

  8. #2007
    ε(3`)з Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,194
    Friends
    44
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    How do you know that your computer friends are not a computer emulation?
    For all you guys know I could be a computer program 0.o
    After watching The Matrix and Inception I dunno if my real life friends are real either.

    Oh, I ended up just getting a Wii from GameStop. Playing Xenoblade now. ^_^



    ε(3`)з



    The Fuchsia City Guru
    <(θ)>



  9. #2008
    The Scrubbiest of Kings Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    15,377
    Friends
    122
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu2k7 View Post
    You've touched me with this one...this is actually true. There's a friend in the other side of Glasgow that I don't see anymore and I stay intact via Skype and we're still good friends. Heck he's been my best friend since we were like 7. It's been at least ten years we've known each other and if it hasn't been then ten years is coming up and very quickly.
    Aye, that's the perfect example of what I was goin' for. I've got a best friend who once lived in the same state and is currently half way around the world, 'n more recently, in a coffin. Kept in touch with 'em 'till his last days, and I never had any intention of doin' otherwise. Good friends are friends forever.

    /corny friendship speech?

    Anyone who tries to go on an MLP tangent after this tangent of mine, is receiving a ban. I kid y'all not.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-18-2012 at 05:56 PM.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #2009
    Uniquely common Pichu2k7's Avatar
    Member #
    55560
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,281
    Friends
    23
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Aye, that's the perfect example of what I was goin' for. I've got a best friend who once lived in the same state and is currently half way around the world, 'n more recently, in a coffin. Kept in touch with 'em 'till his last days, and I never had any intention of doin' otherwise. Good friends are friend forever.

    /corny friendship speech?

    Anyone who tries to go on an MLP tangent after this tangent of mine, is receiving a ban. I kid y'all not.
    Nae problem Karpchamp. Friendship is something that can't really be explained.

  11. #2010
    Smash Brother Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,233
    Friends
    66
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Well, once we change from scientific to philosophical, this topic gets kind'a null 'n voided since there's no way we'd be able to find a conclusive answer through philosophy. Which was my point really, we can't know whether or not it's impossible just yet.
    You don't give philosophy enough credit CK. Science is not everything. You need both to understand the world. With just science we would know everything. Philosophy teaches us how to use the knowledge gleaned and how we are able to perceive it in the first place.
    Pure science is information. Philosophy is the filter. Philosophy is also relative which is why there are a lot of problems with how people filter and discern knowledge.

    The ability to discern needs to be dissected by philosophy

    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    That would certainly work in my favor for this whole "willpower programmed" discussion.
    that would make me a crude emulation


    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Rise of the leftys...fight the power
    By link92 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 02:22 AM
  2. Arc Rise Fantasia - Coming Soon
    By RockerJ in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 10:10 PM
  3. rise of the silver surfer, help
    By dack in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
  4. Rise Against in concert
    By elmo_999 in forum The Entertainment Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:15 PM
  5. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    By surfinrach90 in forum The Entertainment Lounge
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 01:36 AM

Search tags for this page

cosplay porn

,
custom ink t shirts
,

fb

,

feebas

,
ghetsis-dennis -bulbagarden
,
good usernames
,

magikarp

,

magikarp splash

,

picture of pichu,feebas and magikarp

,
ssid
,

zelda t shirt

,
zelda tshirt
Click on a term to search for related topics.