Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

Sony can't help but copy Wii

When I heard about the Ps3 have motion senstive capabilties I screamed rip of! The truth is I was right. There little tilt function of the DS3(Dualshock3) that complete rips of the Wii controlller. What does sony have to say? They claim that this has no connection to the Wii at all. I mean for a system that has a Blue ray, a Cell processer and comuting power that could make the superblue jealus they have to copy from us.

I only have one response to this, "Immitaion is the must sincere form of Flattery"
    -No Videos in SigAs it now we will know each other till nothing remains

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i find it funny how they have no rumble feature because it could mess with the motion stuff and the Wii has both :P

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I think this is just the slightest bit obvious they copied the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    They really didn't copy Wii as much as that old Microsoft Sidewinder controller for the PC. I actually was givin that controller and some motocross game and it was the most fun I had had in a long time.

That said, it wasn't really supported by game developers, so it's collecting dust somewhere. The difference between that controller and Sony's is that the Sidewinder was comfortable and the first of it's kind, while Sony's is unoriginal, uncomfortable, poorly layed out (especially for first person shooters), and will most likely only work for flying and racing games.

Also, like Mitch said, it doesn't even have force feedback; why do they call it dualshock when there is nothing shocking about it?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    If watch that video that shows a demo of the controller (sorry no link) the motion seems to be just that second of the actual movements, it also isn't being used like a gamer would. It would be jerked around everywhere.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Yes, Sony copied some stuff of Xbox 360 and the Wii motion controller, since we know that motion controller is veeeeery very bad, either is a copy = as they are doing with some 360 stuff

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    Sony are so cheap with the new blu ray as well

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I had a look at the vid referring to the Ps3 controller and thought - well that was a piece of crap! I thought that they should have dissed the Ps# controller style and opt for something more ergonomic. Sounds like i'm biased but the most comfy controller I found of the three consoles was the GC controller. Easy reach to all buttons. The XBOX had very awkward L and R buttons and the double joystick was a very unweildy idea. The Ps# controller too many buttons and the the controller was in no way comfy. The double controller config was awkward as well. The Ps# gave me wrist pain for about an hour after holding it for 30mins.

Motion control? Cant see that being used effectively for many games as it has limited sensitivity compared to Wiimote.

Sony is to be burned in the flames of M$!!!

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I've played on consoles enouhg to know that even the most calmest person can lose control and start shaking there controller everywhere tilting there heads droping the controller below there knees rapiddly hitting buttons, then suddenly jerking up into the air holding above or behind there head. Then shakinbg there controller violently hoping for some reason this will help.

This PS3 idea will crash and burn miserably

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    I think last year Sony laughed at Nintendo's idea of a motion sensitive controller but now this year they're obviously taking the idea and using it for themselves.

Also, I'm guessing that Sony doesn't like trying new ideas because they're "Boomerang" controller got so many laughs and insults. So they just went back to the PS2 controller design.
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Ads