Thread: To War

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2509-0795-4188-6793

To War

Look at what I found at Kotaku.com:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku.com
    It looks like Senator Hillary Clinton is gearing up for her war on video games.

Sources tell me that Clinton has been asking around for volunteers for a new anti-violence in video games initiative. Specifically, Clinton is trolling for someone how feels passionate about extreme violence in video games.

One of Clinton's brainbursts is to try and add a special tax to video games, sorta like what a lot of states do for cigarettes. The profits from the tax would then go to a child advocacy program.

The "concerned parent" would need to attend a press conference to make a short statement and should be able to deal with annoying reporters asking questions like: Did Sen. Clinton send out a memo asking for someone like you to talk for her at a press conference?

Just a word of warning gamers, this isn't going away. Clinton has her heart set on making violence in video games a key component of her platform. Taxes on video games are going to be discussed. Brian Crecente
    Shes definitely not getting my vote in 2008. What do you think about this?
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    have they even played a good video game before? man, i really dont like people like that. they never worried about movies or tv! why must they pick on games?! oh wait, i know why! because they dont use them!

Member #
    Friends
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    Usually i agree with issuses sen. clinton talk aabout but this one i don't. Violence in video games is not a bad thing. It all boils down to who's play the violent video game. If it's a smart person they it's only a video game and it's not telling us to go perform some violent acts. If someone dumb is playing the video game they get easily influenced and want to see how far they can imatate what's in the video game and it's people like that are ruining violent video games for us.

"The Legend"

Member #
    Friends
    glad i'm not in US but:

sen. clinton won't be able to do it, it'll be a lie to get her voted for.
    what could the possible consequences be?
    how would she stop people getting a hold of violent video-games?

it would be un-ethical to give people jail sentences, or fines for playing a video-game

even if she managed to get rid of the american ones people would still import them in bulk and sell them.

and about the taxes being raised on video-games, if it is for pc you can get them free anyway. (although it's illegal)

if it's for a console/handheld you could easily just import a cheaper version from a country that uses english video-games and has the same area-thing as you like NTSC
    Last edited by MMCD; 07-21-2006 at 01:29 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6382-2254-4972-9993
    well it wont affect me (woohoo) since i live in canada ... other then less violent games being made (possibly) because of clinton in the states
    Wii setup: 1 Wii console, 2 Wii motes, 2 Nunchuck attachments, and Wii sports
    Wii owner since friday the 13th july 2007

Nintendo Fanboy: 39%

Sony Fanboy: 43%

Microsoft Fanboy: 36%

This means you're: Not a fanboy

Member #
    Friends
    Anyone with an open mind and common sense can see that violent games do not cause people to do inhuman acts.
    [/URL]
    [/URL]
    \\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
    ..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    get then to play Katamari and feal the love
    or harvest moon

played voilent games all my life (25 years gameing fokes) im allright

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    ive been playing mortal kombat since the first one and ive never tried to pull someones spine out in order to hear a disembodied voice say "FATALITY!" also i have an anger problem and they say people with an anger problem are more likely to do the things they see in "violent" video games. well the only thing violent video games do for me are help me get rid of my anger. Mrs. Clinton needs to shut the hell up and get her head out of her ass. i wouldnt care if she was hit by a bus and her corps raped by a diseased dog.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    And to them
    Before

During

During 2

Ather

Toasty
    Yeah, you're COMPLETLY normal and sane darkprinny; just keep telling yourself that.:)

I'm a democrat, but I there's no way I'm voting for Hillary, or Liberman if he runs.

Both are really just wannabe republicans and neither seem to like videogames, especially the Grand Theft Auto series, which I enjoyed a lot, not because of the violence (which you have somewhat of a choice to commit) but because it's so expansive and really brings you back to whatever time the game is set in; my favorite is San Andreas because I want to move to California so bad and get into game design.

^Wow, that guy's off topic^
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    hay that was in a topic about "flaming noobs"

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle