LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post
    You can find demonstrations of escaping the blue shell on YouTube if you search for "MarioKart Wii blue shell" or something like that (don't put it in quotation marks).

The trick, of course, is having mushrooms when you're in first place. It's not impossible to get a mushroom when you're leading, but it is rare. (I got one the other day when playing on WFC; I was leading GBA Bowser Castle 3 by well over 45 seconds and for some reason it gave me a single mushroom. I wonder how it decides when to do this.) More likely you'd have had a mushroom prior to overtaking someone to take over first place and you just hadn't used it yet when the blue shell came at you.
    I fought my way up on the first lap of the first race, and managed to get the the three shells, got in first halfway around the 2nd lap didnt use them yet.. i heard the infamous "ding ding ding" and i just started pressin the button crazy haha and i missed it!

2. Ads

MW2 PS3 PSN:BoSsManWiLL Wikidwill's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0021-9044-8104-6063
    The Best Way to Avoid a blue shell is by staying in 3rd place, waiting for a triple mushroom and use at most 2 of your mushrooms to skip to 1st place,just be sure to save 1 for the shell....
    1 more thing: Beware of lightning and Pow Blocks because they'll make you lose your mushroom(s)
    PSN:BoSsManWiLL
    COD BLack Ops Only!!!!!!!!!!!
    I play COD Black Ops 4 PS3

My Brother:
    Black Ops Wii FC: ?????????

Check Out My Black Ops Montage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrMj6RpdoU8
    This is PS3

Member #
    Friends
    5807-8213-5539-0007
    Shadow*91 is half right. You can't deflect a shell, but you can use a star or mega-mushroom to crush it.
    I'll be around,
    SmartGamer

P.S.- So you're bringing CoD and snacks, right?

Member #
    Friends
    5807-8213-5539-0007
    [QUOTE=Adamquest64;1029164]
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS View Post
    i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust
    its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell
    You can also use this trick when you're going into a cannon and you don't need a mushroom
    I'll be around,
    SmartGamer

P.S.- So you're bringing CoD and snacks, right?

Member #
    Friends
    3891-7003-8151-1597
    ty everyone for your help..

Member #
    Friends
    8320-4494-6631-8531
    yeah but its pretty hard and how often do you get a mushroom when your in first anyways? i guess you can get it and hold it if you were farther back but still

i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell
    mario kart wii= best wii game ever. challenge me and i bet you will fail

Member #
    Friends
    8320-4494-6631-8531
    i love doing that XD

[QUOTE=SmartGamer;1109100]
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamquest64 View Post
    i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust
    its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell
    You can also use this trick when you're going into a cannon and you don't need a mushroom
    mario kart wii= best wii game ever. challenge me and i bet you will fail

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post
    There are a couple of ways to defend yourself against red and green shells:

—Drag a shell or single banana behind you; as long as you aren't turning when the other shell hits, your shell or banana will shatter the incoming one. "Drag" in this sense requires holding down the button you'd use to throw an item, but not releasing the button.

—Drag the triple bananas behind you (in this case, "drag" means to hit the button once so that the three bananas are trailing behind you ready to be deployed).

—Drive with the triple green shells or the triple red shells spinning around you. This isn't foolproof, though, since the incoming shell might pass between two of your spinning shells if it hits at just the right time.

—Throw a banana, red shell, or green shell backwards right as the other shell is homing in on you. As long as that shell is directly behind you in a straight line, you can throw something backwards and the incoming shell might hit that.
    You also drop a bomb on its path towards you. Don't hold till it hits you, if it's a solo race, you'll go flying.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    Another way to do it is blocking the shell with the track itself. Go around a sharp corner.
    This is the secret. Know the track. I normally don't drop a banana/shell until i know I'm at a point where i could feel confident in using the track to avoid a shell if it were coming.

That being said, there's nothing more satisfying than hitting the person in front of you with a well placed green shell.
    Blue shells: More evil than Hitler.
    • Mario Kart - 5112-9979-1758
    • Excite bots - 4598-9287-8113
    • Aim: ClockworkPublic
    • Yim: desolation_studios

Send me an IM or PM if you wanna exchange friend codes.

Member #
    Friends
    can anyone tell me how me and one other person can race online together using our wii console and our 2 friends can do the same racing against us using just 1 console at there house.... so all four of us are racing against each other as it will only let us do 1 v 1 when really we want all 4 of not 2 at a time... many thanks

Ads