Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3891-7003-8151-1597

Help On Mario Kart...

Hey How do you de-felct a shell or something that is coming at you??
    How do you hit it back I seen alot of people beat me and make me come in second everytime try to bump them behind me.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    you can't 'deflect' a shell. you can hold a shell or bannana behind you and that will stop the shell.

Member #
    Friends
    3891-7003-8151-1597
    :o Ha ha I been doing that... OK so their inst OK Thank You.. I am guessing they were just throwing things back at it.

Member #
    Friends
    There are a couple of ways to defend yourself against red and green shells:

—Drag a shell or single banana behind you; as long as you aren't turning when the other shell hits, your shell or banana will shatter the incoming one. "Drag" in this sense requires holding down the button you'd use to throw an item, but not releasing the button.

—Drag the triple bananas behind you (in this case, "drag" means to hit the button once so that the three bananas are trailing behind you ready to be deployed).

—Drive with the triple green shells or the triple red shells spinning around you. This isn't foolproof, though, since the incoming shell might pass between two of your spinning shells if it hits at just the right time.

—Throw a banana, red shell, or green shell backwards right as the other shell is homing in on you. As long as that shell is directly behind you in a straight line, you can throw something backwards and the incoming shell might hit that.

Member #
    Friends
    3891-7003-8151-1597
    Ok. Thank you So Much..

Member #
    Friends
    i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS View Post
    i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell
    !!!!!!!! I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great trick, but kind of hard. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info JeremyGTS!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    that actually takes at least 2 mushrooms or 1 gold 'shroom. sounds gay but yeah. the timing is hard to get at first as well but with practice it becomes an easy habit

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Another way to do it is blocking the shell with the track itself. Go around a sharp corner.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamquest64 View Post
    !!!!!!!! I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great trick, but kind of hard. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info JeremyGTS!
    You can find demonstrations of escaping the blue shell on YouTube if you search for "MarioKart Wii blue shell" or something like that (don't put it in quotation marks).

The trick, of course, is having mushrooms when you're in first place. It's not impossible to get a mushroom when you're leading, but it is rare. (I got one the other day when playing on WFC; I was leading GBA Bowser Castle 3 by well over 45 seconds and for some reason it gave me a single mushroom. I wonder how it decides when to do this.) More likely you'd have had a mushroom prior to overtaking someone to take over first place and you just hadn't used it yet when the blue shell came at you.

Ads