LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    That is pretty cheap, becuase the megastrike is a huge part of the game. I have a rather large TV too, and I only miss 1 if all in green, but I find orange really hard.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    Seriously guys, the Wii has no idea how big your TV is or if it's even connected to the TV in the first place...

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Seriously guys, the Wii has no idea how big your TV is or if it's even connected to the TV in the first place...
    Which is why the ball should scale according to the tv. For example, if you have a 10 inch screen and you are pikachu in SSB, pikachu will appear really small since it's a 10 inch screen. If you play SSB on a 60 inch screen, pikachu will be much bigger because the screen is bigger. But this is not the case in MSC. If it were MSC, Pikachu would be the same size on the 10 inch screen and on the 60 inch screen, meaning pikachu would take up like a quarter of the whole screen while the stage in the background scaled correctly.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Which is why the ball should scale according to the tv. For example, if you have a 10 inch screen and you are pikachu in SSB, pikachu will appear really small since it's a 10 inch screen. If you play SSB on a 60 inch screen, pikachu will be much bigger because the screen is bigger. But this is not the case in MSC. If it were MSC, Pikachu would be the same size on the 10 inch screen and on the 60 inch screen, meaning pikachu would take up like a quarter of the whole screen while the stage in the background scaled correctly.
    In that case Nintendo has invented an amazing revolutionary new technology that can get INPUT from and OUTPUT ONLY video jack.

The only thing the Wii knows about your TV is if it's widescreen or regular. And it only knows that because you tell it. It can't detect that by itself, you can tell it the wrong thing and it has no idea. It can't detect the physical size of your screen either.

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    You're point is correct, but the pictures are not a proper representation. The ball is the same ratio to the screen size as with the larger screen, it doesn't stay the same size.

BUT, it is true that on a smaller TV you can move the pointer slightly more easily but that also depends on your sensitivity.

Member #
    Friends
    Lol. It is impossible for the size to be the same. The wii has no involvement in the image size. It simple sends out the signal. The TV is the the system that converts the image size according to the TV size. So either you have a broken TV or are mistaken. The only difference is the amount of movement you have to do to get from one side of the screen to the other.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    You're point is correct, but the pictures are not a proper representation. The ball is the same ratio to the screen size as with the larger screen, it doesn't stay the same size.
    Have you tried this yourself? Try blocking megastrikes on a big screen and then do the same on a tiny screen. The difference is very obvious. Why would i be making a whole thread about it? I'm confuddled on why this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    Lol. It is impossible for the size to be the same. The wii has no involvement in the image size. It simple sends out the signal. The TV is the the system that converts the image size according to the TV size.
    Yes, that was why i posted it. it's impossible yet it happened. When i first saw it on the smaller tv, i said WTF?!? the ball is so big while the screen background is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus
    So either you have a broken TV or are mistaken. The only difference is the amount of movement you have to do to get from one side of the screen to the other.
    No, Tv's not broken. And yes, the amount of movement required to move from one of the screen to the other does make the matter worse, with a bigger ball to screen ratio and less space for the ball to appear in, easy as pie.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Yes, that was why i posted it. it's impossible yet it happened. When i first saw it on the smaller tv, i said WTF?!? the ball is so big while the screen background is so small.
    It's an illusion.

For that to happen for real would require the circuitry of the TV be redesigned in order to send the physical size of the screen over the video connector (which currently can only receive data, not send). Then the Wii would have to be redesigned to be able to read that incoming signal into the video circuitry (which currently can only send out video data, not receive). And good luck getting either of those things to work ever over an analog line! Then the programmers of the game would have to take that information and use it to rescale the ball image, but nothing else, to be the same size no matter what the physical size of the TV. And then the bigger question would be: Why would they want to do that in first place?

Member #
    Friends
    I can see how smaller tvs are easier to block mega strikes, but if you have a smaller tv vs a bigger tv wouldnt change the size of the ball. If that was true then if i had a pocket tv the ball would take the whole screen. Its more possible that smaller screen have less area to cover. Its that simple. it will just take longer to get from one side of the screen to the other side of the screen. For example duck hunt for the first nintendo is easier on a smaller screen then a 50 inch.

Member #
    Friends
    6396-1679-5264-9815
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolve82
    I have got a modest 28" screen and find it easy! Didn't even realise there was a difference! I agree... small screen are now officially cool!!
    I have a 27" and i play on my friends like 14" and i dont find a diffeerence

:: Call of Duty World at War FC ::
    :: 309433315990 ::

:: Skype = xx_smiles ::

Ads