LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The moves aren't cheap, their part of the game. Anyways, I haven't played in a long time because of my elbow fracture so I think pretty much anyone can beat me right now. lol.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    what u think i dont have a life i barely play maybe five hours at most a week. i spend most of my time out w/ my friends and at school and i barely have time for games and there r much better things in life than this game.and as far as skill goes shooting is all luck chips take skill u have to get the timing down right for chips and all u do for shooting is press the B button, wheres the skill in that? and y dont u put up ur fc too afraid to play me?
    You both have to realize that this kind of fighting gets you nowhere. Nobody thinks they've been out-argued. Hooray, now you both feel superior to each other, and have failed to realize the game is supposed to be a fun diversion played by friendly sportsmen.
    Just like any sport, or sports game, it takes alot of skill, and a touch of luck to successfully score in any situation.
    You guys both need to calm down!
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BigORhyme
    You both have to realize that this kind of fighting gets you nowhere. Nobody thinks they've been out-argued. Hooray, now you both feel superior to each other, and have failed to realize the game is supposed to be a fun diversion played by friendly sportsmen.
    Just like any sport, or sports game, it takes alot of skill, and a touch of luck to successfully score in any situation.
    You guys both need to calm down!
    yes, calm down. and try and keep the positivity in this site.
    Nintendo On The Islands

Member #
    Friends
    3891-8485-5788-7340
    Cheap or not, lame or not, techniques are techniques and if you can't get by them, learn how too. It's worse to sit around and get annoyed by it rather then learn how to get around it/do it yourself. My 2 cents.
    Mario Strikers Friend Code: 403836 272289

Be my MSC friend! Add me if you live in the US and I'll add you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up Wolf
    Cheap or not, lame or not, techniques are techniques and if you can't get by them, learn how too. It's worse to sit around and get annoyed by it rather then learn how to get around it/do it yourself. My 2 cents.
    thank you thats what i have been trying to say
    MSC:485438 015700

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    First off i suck at this game, everyone i've played online has handed me my own a$$ but to say it's cheap because i don't know how to do the stuff they do(i don't discon either, i take my whooping fair and square). I know you aren't saying you can't do it, you're saying that you chose not to. I would find it cheap if someone constantly pulled the same trick over and over again or used some sort of code or alike. But the tricks you seem to be talking about are basically what the game is all about. If these "tricks" weren't employed in the game they would be extremely low scoring as the goalie would stop almost anything.But if that's the case it sounds like you're looking for Fifa instead of MSC. It's like playing a fighting game and getting mad that someone used a combo, or playing madden when someone fake punts.
    Just my opinion.

Kyle-AKA possibly the worst stikers player of all time.
    (i'll post my FC later, i'm at work now, so if someone wants some relatively easy wins just play me )

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    First off i suck at this game, everyone i've played online has handed me my own a$$ but to say it's cheap because i don't know how to do the stuff they do(i don't discon either, i take my whooping fair and square). I know you aren't saying you can't do it, you're saying that you chose not to. I would find it cheap if someone constantly pulled the same trick over and over again or used some sort of code or alike. But the tricks you seem to be talking about are basically what the game is all about. If these "tricks" weren't employed in the game they would be extremely low scoring as the goalie would stop almost anything.But if that's the case it sounds like you're looking for Fifa instead of MSC. It's like playing a fighting game and getting mad that someone used a combo, or playing madden when someone fake punts.
    Just my opinion.

Kyle-AKA possibly the worst stikers player of all time.
    (i'll post my FC later, i'm at work now, so if someone wants some relatively easy wins just play me )

"If these "tricks" weren't employed in the game they would be extremely low scoring as the goalie would stop almost anything"

Not true ... like i said before, i try to play a clean game with good passes to charge up the ball and just regular shots with the good shooters on my team, and i can score about 4-5 goals a game. unlike what that douche warwick says, scoring like THAT takes skill ... jumping over the goalie, transporting into the net, even chip shots to yourself are all cheap moves for an easy score.

and to respond to Big-o-rhyme's last post :
    i agree with you ... all i did was start a post to mention how the level of competition in the game has gone up and how i will continue to disconnect against any player who can ONLY score these ways ... like dodabird said generally most of the players i play against use these tactics maybe 2-3 times a game which is fine, if i lose to them, i'll take it. its those pansies (warwick) who score 10 goals a game without one skillful goal that i refuse to let win.

i'll i was trying to do was start a thread about how everybody seems to be getting better and warwick had to pipe up and wag his dick around trying to be a big man about how he is SOOOOO good at these CHEAP moves

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    i'm not saying it doesn't take skill to score a goal basically any which way in the game. all i'm saying is i wouldn't call it cheating if the programmers of the game intended it to be part of regular play. I'll continue to take losses from whomever i play however they play since an online gaming record really doesn't mean anything to me anyway.

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    Hey Jhathaway, what region are you from? If u want a match sometime, that'd be great.
    Currently own: Zelda TP, Call of Duty 3, Wii Sports, Mario kart 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time,
    Star Fox 64, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8, Paper mario VC, The Godfather.

Currently playing:
    Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers, Fifa 08.
    Strikers FC : 055936 353819
    please rep me if i've been helpful.
    Fifa 08 person: Luigifan

Member #
    Friends
    If you don't like Boo going through the goalie, Toad jumping the goalie, Waluigi, Daisy and Dry Bones teleporting into the goal or Diddy Kong jumping the goalie, don't give them a chance to do so. That of do it straight back at them. They are not cheap moves, they are DEFENDABLE moves that are part of the game.

That said, If I'm beating someone 10 - 0, and that person is obviously a beginner, I'm not going to crush their spirits by constantly doing fancy moves, whether they be the ones I've mentioned or simpler things like Shy Guys skillshot. I don't want to discourage them from playing.

Ads