LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member kapeman's Avatar
    Member #
    23535
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Stupid question, I know...

    Is it possible to have a two player game where one player controls one team and the other player the other team locally, i.e. not using WiFi?

    I can't find the answer to this seemingly simple question anywhere (I have done a search and checked the manual).

    I know you can have 2 or 4 players via WiFi.


    Thanks!

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    10310
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,480
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I believe it's up to four players offline =]

  4. #3
    WiiChat Member Croswenthy's Avatar
    Member #
    38158
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    96
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-3083-5851-6262
    If I understand your question correctly, and I'm hoping I do or else I'm about to sound really stupid, but you want to know how to get 2 player head-to-head game going? If that's the case, go into Versus from the main menu, have your friend select one team, and you select the other. After you choose sidekicks, there will be a screen that says "Home" and "Away." You point your Wii mote's at those boxes and drop one in each box, and you're ready to go.
    1 Player; (THE HORRIBLE) MANATCA, MSC: 429613 985574
    2 Player; Croswenthy, MSC: 403844 564094

  5. #4
    WiiChat Member kapeman's Avatar
    Member #
    23535
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Croswenthy
    If I understand your question correctly, and I'm hoping I do or else I'm about to sound really stupid, but you want to know how to get 2 player head-to-head game going? If that's the case, go into Versus from the main menu, have your friend select one team, and you select the other. After you choose sidekicks, there will be a screen that says "Home" and "Away." You point your Wii mote's at those boxes and drop one in each box, and you're ready to go.
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

    THANK YOU!

    Some of the manuals for these games are sorely lacking.

    Now I have four days to figure out if you can play Pokemon 1v1 locally, before it is due back at the rental store.

  6. #5
    WiiChat Member unska's Avatar
    Member #
    36197
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    54
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kapeman
    Now I have four days to figure out if you can play Pokemon 1v1 locally, before it is due back at the rental store.
    No offense but how hard can it be to find the versus button?

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member Croswenthy's Avatar
    Member #
    38158
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    96
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-3083-5851-6262
    Quote Originally Posted by kapeman
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

    THANK YOU!

    Some of the manuals for these games are sorely lacking.

    Now I have four days to figure out if you can play Pokemon 1v1 locally, before it is due back at the rental store.
    On DS or Wii? Because on the DS (Pearl/Diamond) you just go to the top floor and enter that room.
    1 Player; (THE HORRIBLE) MANATCA, MSC: 429613 985574
    2 Player; Croswenthy, MSC: 403844 564094

  8. #7
    WiiChat Member kapeman's Avatar
    Member #
    23535
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by unska
    No offense but how hard can it be to find the versus button?
    Well the description for the Versus mode is not very intuitive and you don't see anything about two player until several screens in.

    Here is the one instance in the manual of the term versus:

    "Domination"
    In this mode, game rules and the number of participants can be freely
    selected, making it ideal for versus or cooperative play. Select a Captain,
    Sidekicks, and Stadium and then head out onto the field."

    That's it. No mention of the screens that follow or how to set it up.
    It's all trial and error. Not what I would call good documentation.



    One thing I have found more than a little frustrating is the very poor documentation on some of the Wii games that I have seen with respect to multi-player not using the WiFi connection.

    An example of a really good manual is Zelda.

    Also the in-game control info, etc for Metroid Prime 3 is excellent. I haven't needed to check the manual once for that game.
    Last edited by kapeman; 12-30-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts