LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Is this Monster Hunter even that good? It's getting the most varied reactions and reviews I've seen in awhile... Someone mind giving a detailed account on why they like the game?
    Every score on Metacritic so far is above an 8.0, except for some UK review of the Japanese import version which got a 7, which shouldn't even be there as the Jap version doesn't have Wii Speak or free online which I expect would make a big difference to the score.

I had my doubts but from what I've seen I'm convinced and I'm thinking we'll pick Monster Hunter up this weekend (also partly due the fact that Trauma Team got pushed back to May so I have more game $'s for April now).
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    This game looks awesome!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not that good yet & do not understand a lot of stuff in the game, but I'm already addicted.

Have not been this addicted to a game since Everquest II, & thats playing mostly offline, but have enjoyed a few online experiences.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Is this Monster Hunter even that good? It's getting the most varied reactions and reviews I've seen in awhile... Someone mind giving a detailed account on why they like the game?
    I'm with ssbfreakck, still need to see if its worth all the hype it's getting.
    I got the game at the weekend and have only just got through the first set of quests. From what I've played so far though I'd say it certainly lives up to the hype.

There is no story as such and the controls are a bit clunky (although not as clunky as Resident Evil for example) but there is something special about this game. It seems to suck you into the world, the time flies by and you really do feel a lot of satisfaction after completing a quest or slaying a difficult monster.

I haven't played it enough to say that it is the best Wii game so far this year but from what I've seen it certainly ranks up there with the best. If you want a game that you can wrap in a weekend then look elsewhere, if you want an experience that can last for hundreds of hours then Monster Hunter 3 looks to be the best offering of its type currently on the Wii.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Ads