My mom has it....
all of my friends have the new DS lite, and i just wanted to know who still has the old DS.
My mom has it....
I still have it. I see no need to get the new one.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That away, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.
I have the original. Had it from launch, and when I heard about the DS Lite I was pissed off. This happened with the GBA - got it on launch and then an improved version came out.
Despite my anger towards Nintendo I saved up £100 and went down to GAME to buy a DS Lite. They had one on display so I checked it out, analysing every corner and crevice. I then walked out of the shop with my £100 still in my pocket.
No one believes me when I say I honestly find the original better. There's so many reasons why;
1) More comfortable to hold. I don't know whether I have larger-than-average hands or something, but when I hold a DS Lite it feels as if I'm about to crush it. It just feels oh so very awkward.
2) GBA games stick out the bottom of the DS Lite. Which looks ugly.
3) I hate the stylus coming out of the side. Pulling it out of the top makes it less likely to snap on the way out.
4) The mic being on the hinge is just an awful idea. On the original, to use the mic I just raise the edge of the device to my mouth. With the Lite I have the shove the machine in my face as if I'm scoffing a cake.
5) The start and select buttons being below the four main buttons looks bad and I feel paranoid about them being beneath my palm when gaming.
6) Hinges break on DS Lites.
7) The power button being on the side is less convenient than the power button on the original.
Good things about the DS Lite? Brighter screen (I don't notice any problem with the original screen, though I admit the DS Lite is much lighter. I'm just saying, I don't need that extra brightness) and the overall squarish look is a bit cooler. Though that is balanced out by the silver of my original being better than the DS Lite colours.
I'd never, ever trade my original in for a Lite. And if something went wrong with my DS and I needed to get a new one, I'd try to get an original over a Lite as desperately as possible.
I got my DS about 2 or 3 years ago. 2004 summer.
*signs* my lil bro has it but now he wants the lite one, he found a scratch on the screen of his ds and used it as an excuse to want a Lite and if he does get the Lite then he'll leave me his original one(which is blue)
I have an original Mariokart Hotrod red DS. The touch screens off and the top right hinge is broke.....
*signs* i dont go on it though
Im planning on getting a Ds lite as my screen has some scratches on it
i have my ds but still i would like a lite
Steam ID: Mintoisking
Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
PSN ID: Mintoisgod