LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails McCloud~
    HAHA! All those are games, they may not have a person who goes through and kills people, or an adventurer who is looking for something, but they are still games, you may not like the game, but you have to agree that they are games.
    Not trying to be mean, but you have no idea what you are talking about right now. You're assuming you think you know what's going on SO READ what I'm about to say. I am aware all of those are games. Also I love Electroplankton, it's just I know it's not actually a game. This has nothing to do with my tastes.

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Also a valid point!
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    I think you're being too particular with what I said, it doesn't really matter anyway when I just told you what I meant. Yes, I agree all of the games you mentioned up there are all games, just not with Electroplankton. Hell I even believe Space Channel 5, Parappa The Rapper, Umm Jammer Lammy, Gitaroo Man, and Samba De Amigo are games. Using rhythm games to disprove my point isn't getting you anywhere.

I'm not talking about what it's classified as because it could be classified as a video game, but instead I'm talking in terms of what it actually is, a music mixer. Most people don't consider a special electronic piano as a game, so I doubt the thread maker would either. I wouldn't have gone after your post if you stated what it was. Shouldn't that be obvious?

I'm not being too particular with anything, it's proving a point. And it belongs in the genre with rhythm games, because even Elite Beat Agents is another rhythm game similar to Electroplankton (minus the music making). So if a game isn't a game because it's a game, doesn't make it a game, is what you're saying. Even RPG maker is a game, although you have to go through tons of customization to even get into the game itself. The ps2 has a couple music mixers, but the thing is, it's still a game. It's a simulation game, the way that Sim Theme Park, Sim City, Harvest Moon, Guitar Hero, Animal Crossing and many others are simulation games. If games based on simulation were not games, then racing wouldn't count as a game, nor would boxing. Wario Ware: Smooth Mooves has an orchestra mini game, in which you must wave the Wiimote as if it's the conducter's baton, but I guess that isn't a game either, or a game you wish to classify as one. In general, if it wasn't a game, it wouldn't be made.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    I'm not being too particular with anything, it's proving a point. And it belongs in the genre with rhythm games, because even Elite Beat Agents is another rhythm game similar to Electroplankton (minus the music making). So if a game isn't a game because it's a game, doesn't make it a game, is what you're saying. Even RPG maker is a game, although you have to go through tons of customization to even get into the game itself. The ps2 has a couple music mixers, but the thing is, it's still a game. It's a simulation game, the way that Sim Theme Park, Sim City, Harvest Moon, Guitar Hero, Animal Crossing and many others are simulation games. If games based on simulation were not games, then racing wouldn't count as a game, nor would boxing. Wario Ware: Smooth Mooves has an orchestra mini game, in which you must wave the Wiimote as if it's the conducter's baton, but I guess that isn't a game either, or a game you wish to classify as one. In general, if it wasn't a game, it wouldn't be made.
    This could go on and on and probably not get anywhere, so let's just agree to disagree.

I say it's not a game.

You say it is a game.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Not trying to be mean, but you have no idea what you are talking about right now. You're assuming you think you know what's going on SO READ what I'm about to say. I am aware all of those are games. Also I love Electroplankton, it's just I know it's not actually a game. This has nothing to do with my tastes.
    Well, like I said, it is a game, you said you love it, but im not sure if you said its not a game, no, it may not have a main char. or anything, but since you play it on the DS, it is a game. I know what your gonna say, PSP DVDs, those are different...
    And just the same, I dont want to get into another verbal battle that can be avioded, I already have enough enemies on this forum
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Tails McCloud~
    Well, like I said, it is a game, you said you love it, but im not sure if you said its not a game, no, it may not have a main char. or anything, but since you play it on the DS, it is a game. I know what your gonna say, PSP DVDs, those are different...
    And just the same, I dont want to get into another verbal battle that can be avioded, I already have enough enemies on this forum
    Again I don't think you really understand what I told you and are just assuming what I meant again.

Unless you've had experience with Electroplankton, I don't really think you can have a say in this arguement which is just about over. I don't even think you did research, you just have a feeling you know what you're talking about. Yes it can be classified as a game which I'm aware of, but is it a game? No.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    "sigh", again, I KNOW!!! And the same to you, you dont quite understand what im getting at, you know what...nevermind, my opinion is that Kamakaze is right, and dont even try to tell me that i have no place in this thread, I bought the computer, and I wasnt restricted from this thread, so like I said, lets do the same and agree to disagree, like you said.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    they stooped making Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    I have the wii!!!! i know i suck at spelling!

Rep me if I did good.
    Spoiler Alert!

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Again I don't think you really understand what I told you and are just assuming what I meant again.

Unless you've had experience with Electroplankton, I don't really think you can have a say in this arguement which is just about over. I don't even think you did research, you just have a feeling you know what you're talking about. Yes it can be classified as a game which I'm aware of, but is it a game? No.
    It's classified as a game, as much as Super Mario Bros. is classified as a game. A game can be anything from competition of who can fold the laundry faster to even composing music with aura type characters that have no compelling storyline. I understand the point you're trying to show, but it's not a very valid one.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

I am a girl, deal w/ it. kitkat_bar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2709-7937-9905-7391
    I just bought the pink one today. I have been waiting and waiting for someone to get them in and finally, by chance alone, I walked in today looking for one and they said they had two. I got that one plus yoshis island 2 and new super mario bros.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ads