Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by wishbone395
    Dont get a ds lite.You should get a Normal Ds because Ive heard that a ds lite makes your hands bad or some thing and my cousin had damaged the bottom screen by letting it fall 1 time.
    Really? I actually bought and then returned the original DS the day I got it because it was so bulky, heavy and uncomfortable. The DS lite has a much brighter and crisper set of screens, so I would go with it over the original.

I'm sort of trying to descide if I want to get a DS lite anytime soon, aswell. I had a PSP when it first came out and after like 6 months, I sold it because it's games were rather dull and over priced (yes they are only $10 more than DS games but their also only $10 less than console games that are like a million times better). When the DS lite came out, I went to the store and I really like it; it's both easy on the eyes and has pretty innovative gameplay. That said, I've been looking at the list of DS games and there are only a handful that I want: Metroid Hunters, Mario Kart, Starfox Command, Viewtiful Joe, and the new Super Mario Brothers. That may seem like enough for some, but that's pretty much it and there aren't any upcoming games for the system that interest me.

What bothers me about the DS and most portable game systems in general is their lack of originality. All their games tend to be ports from their bigger and better console cousins and it's gets boring. Nintendo keeps cranking out these Mario-themed versions of games like a basket ball game and soccer game and tennis and golf...ENOUGH!!! I love Mario, but they're going to where him out! I've recently looked at the PSP line up and finally, it's games are getting a bit more varied. They've got GTA (which is a port, but a good port), Rush (a cool looking racing game), Gangs of London, and even really interesting games like LocoRoco. I wish Nintendo would stop catering sooo much to the RPG/Pokemon/Anime fans and start doing some mature DS games. I don't want Mario with an AK-45, but maybe some interesting fighting games, non-Nintendo-Mario-styled racers, new 3rd person adventures, and perhaps some more puzzle games. Wii is showing that Nintendo is finally showing some depth, but they need to extend that to the DS in the way Sony is starting to do with the PSP if they want a bigger fan base.

So...yeah...that's what I think.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    lol ds lite is 200x original ds is lighter and easier to play on plus buttons are more responsive basicaly if you play online you have an advantage over people with original ds system s

Aka The_Toilet_of_Doom :P wolf231's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    But don't be surprised by the graphics, they suck but it is really good.

"When death is entreated, the battle is decided! " said by Liquid Snake

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Really? I actually bought and then returned the original DS the day I got it because it was so bulky, heavy and uncomfortable. The DS lite has a much brighter and crisper set of screens, so I would go with it over the original.

I'm sort of trying to descide if I want to get a DS lite anytime soon, aswell. I had a PSP when it first came out and after like 6 months, I sold it because it's games were rather dull and over priced (yes they are only $10 more than DS games but their also only $10 less than console games that are like a million times better). When the DS lite came out, I went to the store and I really like it; it's both easy on the eyes and has pretty innovative gameplay. That said, I've been looking at the list of DS games and there are only a handful that I want: Metroid Hunters, Mario Kart, Starfox Command, Viewtiful Joe, and the new Super Mario Brothers. That may seem like enough for some, but that's pretty much it and there aren't any upcoming games for the system that interest me.

What bothers me about the DS and most portable game systems in general is their lack of originality. All their games tend to be ports from their bigger and better console cousins and it's gets boring. Nintendo keeps cranking out these Mario-themed versions of games like a basket ball game and soccer game and tennis and golf...ENOUGH!!! I love Mario, but they're going to where him out! I've recently looked at the PSP line up and finally, it's games are getting a bit more varied. They've got GTA (which is a port, but a good port), Rush (a cool looking racing game), Gangs of London, and even really interesting games like LocoRoco. I wish Nintendo would stop catering sooo much to the RPG/Pokemon/Anime fans and start doing some mature DS games. I don't want Mario with an AK-45, but maybe some interesting fighting games, non-Nintendo-Mario-styled racers, new 3rd person adventures, and perhaps some more puzzle games. Wii is showing that Nintendo is finally showing some depth, but they need to extend that to the DS in the way Sony is starting to do with the PSP if they want a bigger fan base.

Great point there.So that u know once I gotten New super mario bros.I beat the game in two days.The day I got it was the first day and the day after that was the next.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat

I partially agree with you here dude; personally I didn't find the DS (normal, not lite) to be particularly clunky, certainly no moreso than the PSP anyway. And as far as weight and size go, I don't think any of us are in a position to be complaining about its size, even though I don't believe it's anything to complain about, especially when you consider that only a few years ago that kind of processing power was only available in something that was alot bigger, chunkier, alot less managable and not even as powerful (In case anyone doesn't follow, I'm referring to the N64). Now we have a neat handheld which can do even more, has more features (wireless communications between consoles, download play, WiFi play, touch screen), and... better graphics!

As far as mature games go... Yeah, we could probably do with a couple more. I read somewhere a little while ago, that the only DS game With an MA15+ (I'm not sure what the EU/US/UK equivalant rating is, maybe 17+ or 21+?) rating is Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. I would personally hope for a couple more, and not nesacerrily just for gorier gameplay (although games soaked in blood can be alot of fun!) but for more complex, darker and more intriguing atmospheres and storylines and so on. One DS mature game of note though would be Another Code: Two Memories (Called Trace Memory in some regions). It was one of the first DS games I bought (I bought the Mario Kart bundle) and I still havent finished it because its so friggin hard! There are some mature games out, but not enough to say I'm satisfied with the range, so some more would be nice
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Well I may be only one here but I'm going to say it.... I think the PSP is better. Nice graphics for a decent price, the only thing you really need to worry about is buying a flash card (last time i saw the 4Gig for 200 dollars). I think its the best handheld console to date, so in my opinion you should keep your PSP.

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

@SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :) ZeLdA4LiFe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! definately get a DS Lite. i was gonna get a normal DS but then again, i heard of a DS Lite so i searched for it and it looked better and smaller than the original. best choice ive ever made. DS Lite rocks!!!

OHAI! I'm just an old dinosaur from 2006 seeing who's here

The name is. . . Hugo

Got a Nintendo 3DS? 2492-5132-0881

Member #
    Friends
    i got a PSP and a DS LITE!! and they are both cool!! PSP is more of a entertainment device coz i have a 2gb memory card and have alot of mp3s, pics and alot of music videos including some kenan and kel episodes!!

i only have one game for it though and am waiting for vice city stories!! i have alot of games for ds so id say keep ur psp and just buy a ds lite!!

or you could save money for the wii...
    360PS3 FTW!!

Member #
    Friends
    5 REASON WHY
    1.fun
    2.GREAT GAMES
    3.CHEAP
    4.NINTENDO
    5.THIS 4 REASONS

In the making