LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So Darkonix, you never use the R4 for piracy?

Member #
    Friends
    Im a Nintendo vet but consider me stupid...what the heck is an "r4ds"? And exactly what does it do?

Member #
    Friends
    does anybody know if the R4DS is sold in Australia, if so where?

SIG BY DEMONFLAIR
    Games I Own;
    Wii The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, Wii Play, Wii Sports
    Nintendo DS Pokemon Ranger, Diddy Kong Racing DS, Pokemon Diamond

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    I am a Nintendo vet but what the F**K is "r4ds"?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wii 24-7
    I am a Nintendo vet but what the F**K is "r4ds"?
    an r4ds is a card with a Micro SD slot that you can buy that fits like a game into your nintendo DS, that allows you to play pirated [read: downloaded/illegal] games without buying them [among other things].

anyone who uses it for homebrew is probably using it to play nes/snes/other system's games, or mostly just lying [watch the flames commence from that statement].

anyway....
    to sum up the original poster's comment: "i can now play pirated games! i'm so happy!"

i kinda wish nintendo would smack people hard using these, i keep seeing people using R4DS [and AR, since r4ds has the ability to use cheat codes for roms] on wifi games... people sure know how to rain on people's parades.

shame youtube isnt working, or i'd show you a video of what it is in detail.

</rant>

[disclaimer: i dont own one. know the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemies closer? it kind of applies to this ]
    Last edited by Monogatari; 05-13-2007 at 06:51 AM.
    物語は心の中で続いている。~天使(ネオ)~

The egg givaway is offically >>OPEN<< Note: I do not care what pokemon you give me,
    but i really want berries attached. the rarer, the better. thanks!

Name: *Inori*
    FC: 0473 - 4271 - 8369

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    So I can use it to store games I've BOUGHT Legally on it?
    Nothing Illegal actual licenced games on it?
    Eaiser than changing cartridges

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Monogatari, quick to flame up there. Really do appreciate being called a liar.

There is some pretty good homebrew out there. Moonshell I can play mp3's (yes, which I ripped myself off my own paid for cd's) DS Organize is very nice as well.

As for roms, I own Diamond, New Mario Bros, Mario and Luigi 2, Yoshi Island, Mario 64 DS, Mario and Donkey Minis, FF3, and Phoenix Wright 1-2. And I do have roms of them on the ds now, and only them. Quite alot handier to not carry around all those games.

And Darkonix, somebody did make a nice little .nds file (rom file.. omg another smart homebrew!) that lets you swap out slot-1 games and wirelessly send their .sav over to your computer. A quick pad to 512k and it's good to go.
    Mmmm, Toasty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Taheen
    Monogatari, quick to flame up there. Really do appreciate being called a liar.

There is some pretty good homebrew out there. Moonshell I can play mp3's (yes, which I ripped myself off my own paid for cd's) DS Organize is very nice as well.
    sorry man, when someone says they bought an r4ds for the homebrew, it reminds me of someone saying they subscribe playboy for the articles.

As for roms, I own Diamond, New Mario Bros, Mario and Luigi 2, Yoshi Island, Mario 64 DS, Mario and Donkey Minis, FF3, and Phoenix Wright 1-2. And I do have roms of them on the ds now, and only them. Quite alot handier to not carry around all those games.
    question: how'd you get the roms? did you dump them yourself, or download it?

from the pokemon diamond [it's the newest game i have] front page:

IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION

This nintendo game is not designed for use with any unauthorized device. Use of any such device will invalidate your Nintendo product warranty. Copying of any Nintendo game is illegal and is strictly prohibited by domestic and international intellectual property laws. "Back-up" or "archival" copies are not authorized and are not necessary to protect your software. Violators will be prosecuted
    /underline and italic mine, to make a point

anyway, judging from that, it sounds pretty illegal to me, even if you did own the actual cartridge. According to that, playing roms on there for any reason at all [even if you did dump them yourself] would be illegal.

i will admit it's untried in court, but i'd love to see you fight the print in the book by writing to nintendo about it [assuming they dont sue your ass off to make an example out of you, or settling out of court for an untold amount of money]

my point i'm trying to make: the text is there, and it gives them just enough cause to probably sweet talk a judge into a guilty verdict against "piracy" [it's slightly a gray area here, so define it however you wish].

note: i'm familiar with US laws, if you're in canada or another country it's another ballgame
    Last edited by Monogatari; 05-13-2007 at 08:43 AM.
    物語は心の中で続いている。~天使(ネオ)~

The egg givaway is offically >>OPEN<< Note: I do not care what pokemon you give me,
    but i really want berries attached. the rarer, the better. thanks!

Name: *Inori*
    FC: 0473 - 4271 - 8369

Member #
    Friends
    www.forums.r4ds.net

official R4DS site.

Got mine from www.dealextreme.com took 2 weeks. Best bit of add-on kit i've ever bought.

Just got back from a long journey, played different games, watched a few episodes of lost & prison break and listened to some mp3's, all on one cartridge. Buy one now.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    my friend bought one for his DS. its a pretty nifty card. he has like 15 DS games and wanted to just have them all on 1 card then he found out that A) he would have to actually download the games off the net (which is legal since he owns the actual game) and B) would have to start over. the second part kinda pissed him off untill i found a homebrew program for him that transfers the savefiles from the DS to the PC wirelessly. im not home so i dont have a link but what it does is you load up the app on your DS and when is asks you to, you take out the R4 and put in the game you want to get the save file from and press A and (after you get the right PC app running) it transfers to your PC. its pretty nifty. i would get one but out of the like 8 games i have, i only play 2 and thats pokemon and Pheonix Wright2 so the only thing i would use it for is to download games which i wont do

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Ads