LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I've been looking into this, and I must say, the homebrew applications (non-game) are pretty impressive. Web-browser, meida player (though I plan to get a dedicated Media player (ie. Archos 504) ), music mixer, and even an AIM program of sorts. Developers have seriously opened up the DS's capabilities.

And I thought I wanted to get a PSP for it's homebrew goodies. DS tramps that idea, for sure.

-tacks Nintendo DS onto "gotta get this after I get a job" list-

And who wouldn't want a portable version of Secret of Mana?
    Best SNES game I've ever played.
    But it just don't feel the same on a computer. Keyboard could never replace that pad...
    And that pad is emulated on the DS!

Gosh. Now I got over 400 to 500 bucks on my wishlist.
    I needs a job. Srsly.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    The mp3 capabilitys seem kind of pointless to me because if you have enough money to buy something like a stupid cartridge just to make all of your games act as one, then you probably have a specific REAL mp3, psp, ipod etc. And the DS can only take micro sd? What is that like 14 or 15 songs? Not to mention that all this new stuff for the DS is most likely bad for it. So if you do have an Ipod you might as well look forward to a new DS because your current one is probably gonna break soon. The DS is not a Black Berry, go Buy an apple I-phone and break that...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wii 24-7
    The mp3 capabilitys seem kind of pointless to me because if you have enough money to buy something like a stupid cartridge just to make all of your games act as one, then you probably have a specific REAL mp3, psp, ipod etc. And the DS can only take micro sd? What is that like 14 or 15 songs? Not to mention that all this new stuff for the DS is most likely bad for it. So if you do have an Ipod you might as well look forward to a new DS because your current one is probably gonna break soon. The DS is not a Black Berry, go Buy an apple I-phone and break that...
    WTF?

I don't have and IPod, why should I spend 100gbp on a music player when you can spend 125 on a DS with and R4. There's an Ipod media player for the DS if that floats your boat. I have it and it works great.

What do you mean 14 or 15 songs? microsd are readily available with 2GB capacity which is the same as a nano. If you want you can get a number of cards for games, music, videos etc.

The new stuff is 'most likely to be bad' do you always look on the bright side? Been using an R4 for months and if you're not some moran with the intellect of a pea then its virtually impossible to break.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    ok people
    i am wanting a thing like r4 but is that the best 1 and were is the best deal to get it??

Member #
    Friends
    Not sure if its the best got mine from www.dealextreme.com wait is 2 weeks. Fleabay seem to pishing themselves over the r4 so auctions are a bit iffy.

One problem with the R4 is that download play doesn't work on all games. I haven't had a problem with online play.

Member #
    Friends
    2416-6513-0889-2126
    Did I mention... if you screw up your DS some how dont expect to call Nintendo and it be all peachy.. It voids everything. Well.. I guess only for the ones that need to be sodered. Or however you spell it. Well.. if Piracy works for you guys. Enjoy it.
    Hello! My user online number is 2416-6513-0889-2126
    Add me I plan on adding everyone! woot! wii

My Pokemon Info
    Fc: 2105 5158 0384
    Name: Onix
    PM me if you add me, so I can add you.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    hey i just ordered one off of amazon
    can you tell me all the things it can do and how to use it to its full potentional

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Monogatari
    sorry man, when someone says they bought an r4ds for the homebrew, it reminds me of someone saying they subscribe playboy for the articles.
    Lol.

Shame if it is illegal to use a different medium to play the game you purchased. Personally I want to support people who work hard on these games, and would feel guilty about cheating them buy just downloading random games I don't own. My mind is at ease though as they did get their money from me. I just prefer to not use their method to deliver those games to me (individual carts) compared to a single microsd.

About to try a few of the MSN clients homebrew. A few that look really nice.

And in comment to the ipod bit, I don't want to carry around more crap than I have to (hence the r4 in the first place for me) so one more opportunity to ditch a piece of hardware in favor of a multitasker, I'm all for it. Plus 4GB microSD are on the way this fall, plenty more than 15-20 songs. BTW, anybody who buys an r4, I really do recommend going the extra mile and getting a 2GB card, I filled the 1GB pretty fast.

-Play backups
    -Able to use homebrew to transfer .sav's off yoru carts
    -Pretty large amount of homebrew (organizers, msn clients, browsers, mp3/vid players)
    -No computer software needed, just use the usb microsd adapter that comes with the r4ds and drag-drop your files. REALLY EASY
    -Removable upgradable storage/memory
    -Same size/everything as the real carts.
    Mmmm, Toasty.

Member #
    Friends
    Despite what I was saying earlier I am looking forwared to someday getting an "r4ds" someday but to me it is a bit risky...DS's aren't made for watching movies thats a psp.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Ive had mine for a while now. Still just got MP3s though...
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads