+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disconnectors!

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962

Disconnectors!

Anyone who has played online with Nintendo WiFi is bound to have come across players who disconnect while in the midst of a race or battle. If this has happened to you how did it make you feel? And what do you think could be done to deter people from disconnecting in future releases?

A friend of mine had a good idea, disconnectors should be flagged, meaning when you search for opponents and their name appears in the final lineup, you'll be noted that this person has a bad reputation, and thus the players can choose to vote the individual out of the match. What do you guys think?

I was upset when I lost my 100% connectivity on my Metroid Prime Hunters Hunter License. I know it'll sound cliche'd but I have no idea how it happened because I've never disconnected. The server must have reset or maybe I lost coverage at the cafe I was playing at, so it's down to about 99.3% I think.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i think you should instantly win the battle instead of just not finishing it. i agree with you in disliking those kind of people on MPH
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel86
    A friend of mine had a good idea, disconnectors should be flagged, meaning when you search for opponents and their name appears in the final lineup, you'll be noted that this person has a bad reputation, and thus the players can choose to vote the individual out of the match. What do you guys think?
    thats exactly what they do on xbox live, why would you want to play games online on a 3" screen when you could play full fledged games online
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    The screen isn't so small once you pick it up, since you hold the DS alot closer to you than you would have a Television/Monitor once you start playing. I've never had any problems with the screen size
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    Well you guys might hate people who disconnect, but it's not always their fault. I remember when my Wi-Fi USB connector got dammaged, sometimes it would work and other times it would disconnect me in the middle of a match. My connection still is high though.

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stoukaph
    i think you should instantly win the battle instead of just not finishing it. i agree with you in disliking those kind of people on MPH
    MPH has the disconnect history, while MKDS and Tetris you automatically lose if you disconnect. I don't know about any others.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Member #
    Friends
    flaggin disconnecters is ridiculous...i have having an issue as we speak of getting disconnected everytime i try to play a game...that would not be intention disconnecting...you would not know whether someone disconnected intentionally or if the are having connections problems such as I...not a good idea....

Ads