LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Whats the best for playing mp3s and movies on my DS?

I've heard that the R4DS is pretty good and cheap, but are there any others that are better... Also, are there any which can use something bigger than a microSD card?

thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I think the R4DS is the best choice, I don't have one nor do I know much about it. I just know that it's the first choice for just about everybody.

Member #
    Friends
    The R4DS and the M3DS are exactly the same really, only difference is the start up screen i believe, and for the size of the card i dont believe there is one that uses the normal size SD cards.

The M3DS, which is what i have, is absolutely awesome, i highly recomend getting one mainly cos its so easy to use and i brought mine for $50 including postage and i think it is worth every cent

SIG BY DEMONFLAIR
    Games I Own;
    Wii The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, Wii Play, Wii Sports
    Nintendo DS Pokemon Ranger, Diddy Kong Racing DS, Pokemon Diamond

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Quote Originally Posted by matguy87
    I've heard that the R4DS is pretty good and cheap, but are there any others that are better... Also, are there any which can use something bigger than a microSD card?

thanks!
    I have just had mine for a week or so now (R4DS) and it's very good, easy to set up and yes, it is pretty much identical to the Simply M3.

It has moonshell MP3 / MM player - although I haven't tried movies, music and pictures are very easy, good range of formats.

I bought a 2gb Kingston mSD card - this is really the best way as anything bigger would need to use the GBA slot - and this just slips in the DS cart slot and fits exactly the same as normal cart does.

There are some decent homebrew apps out there - although to use most of the ones I found you have to flash the card for them to work and I haven't quite got round to trying it out. Moonshell has everything I need music wise anyhow, at the moment.

Well recommended - you won't be sorry if you buy it.

Hope this helped.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    Has anyone tried this one? G6 Real DS http://www.g6flash.com

Wonder if its as good as the R4DS... it also says it has 8Gb, sounds like a lot on such a small card

O yea... I read a review for this one which says you can close the DS and still listen to music. Is that a feature for the R4 and M3?
    Last edited by matguy87; 06-23-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    The G6 Flash is a newer version i believe but there is a major downside taht i see is that the memory isnt expandable.

With the R4DS/M3DS you are able to go and buy more Micro SD cards if needed, but with the G6 you are limited to the amount set, if you want more memory you would need to go and buy another G6 game card

And as for closing your DS and still playing music for the R4DS/M3DS, i just tried it and it works fine, you are able to close the DS and the music will continue to play

I personally think that the M3/R4 are the better option here but thats just my opinion

SIG BY DEMONFLAIR
    Games I Own;

Paste this in you signature if you discourage the act of asking, in posts and signatures, for reputation. Adding reputation should be done purely on the reputation giver's initiative, without prompting from the receivee.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the help just bought a R4DS!

Member #
    Friends
    not a problem, wat do you think about it

SIG BY DEMONFLAIR
    Games I Own;

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    whats the battery life?
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    For the R4, im not sure but mine hasnt gone out on me yet

SIG BY DEMONFLAIR
    Games I Own;

Ads